ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Clio 182 - RB
I've recently acquired some Trophy Turinis, i have a EZ brush, a few CarPro brushes & Auto Finesse hog hair brushes - I can't seem to clean the barrel of the front 2 alloys where the callipers are, i'm finding that i have to clean the barrel as best i can, reverse the car abit and finish off. Its not to much of a problem but can anybody recommend me a brush that can get between the calliper and the barrel? Would just save that 2 mins of faffing about.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A wheel woollie would work but I can always squeeze my EZ brush by the caliper.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Another pass with 50 cal cover up.
19632368271_33feb646bb_b.jpg
20150711_114918 by Tom White, on Flickr

19441331249_864494dfc3_b.jpg
20150711_114946 by Tom White, on Flickr

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to do this to Jacqui but no it's not. I loved the packaging from the outset and it lasts, but application for me was horrible. Felt so dry.

If you're buying a tin at cheap get some collinites 476. At least you know it'll survive nuclear fall out.

Sorry to do this to Jacqui but no it's not. I loved the packaging from the outset and it lasts, but application for me was horrible. Felt so dry.

If you're buying a tin at cheap get some collinites 476. At least you know it'll survive nuclear fall out.

Which Bilt Hamber wax do you like Gally? Is it the double speed one. They get reviews for the price.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They work will with their coatings but they're not going to defeat dedicated products.

Looking to restock ready for a DA on the S3 and the clio.

I'm a little confused what to get, even with de con products! Even just the auto smart range is confusing.....
Tar Removal
POWER C
A heavy duty, citrus based tar remover. It is designed to rapidly cut through heavy tar and oil deposits on machinery and large areas.

PREPTONE
Cleans tar, grease and underseal from cars.

TARDIS
A fast acting solvent based tar and adhesive remover. Contains emulsifiers so is easy to rinse off.

Fallout Removal
FALLOUT REMOVER
Safe to use on paint, trim and glass, yet rapidly dissolves metal-based fallout.

I know it's been asked a thousand times..... Can someone throw a list of their go to products required for a full hit including sealants for paint n wheels? Have sonus pads but their crap, just get 5" hexlogics?
An all in one de con any good? I tried tri x and didn't find it good on tar at all.

Need a big shop doing.
Not uber expensive stuff mind!

Clio is covered in tar!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Will be most rewarding that!

My Toledo is looking even worse since it's mostly sat in one spot since I got the Fiesta.

Has yours moved at all since you got the golf?
It did a track day last august. Since then it's been to Birchdown and back once. That's it! :/

So many spiders!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols! Auto foam is great for that kind of cleaning.

Very jealous, it's gonna looking spanking once clean.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Wet n dry hoovers. Girlfriend is looking to get one for her brother to give him a helping hand doing Valeting as a full time job. Now we're not looking at spending mega money as tbh he's been a bit of an ass recently but we're trying to help him out.

Any recommendations, seen the karcher one at £60 ish, no idea if it's any good though.

Suggestions welcome :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think the karcher one is good, but some of the proper ones are 200+. Read as many reviews and research as much as you can before buying.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
had a nose at the one form wicks called 'titan' at under £40. Looking at the reviews (it was on detailing world too) it comes highly recommended.

Can anyone recommend a snow foam lance either for a standard hose or a handheld one? Looking at Gloria Foam handheld or Gilmour Foamaster but don't want to waste my money if they're crap

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Has anybody used and can comment on serious performance show detailer v3,ease of use looks,smell

Thanks

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
@JD after last week's session with triple (with a DA) and Z8 over the top, the Z4 has stayed utterly beaming. Great beading and even after all the rain still looks super fresh.

Reactions: JD