ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Took advantage of the i4detailing closing discount and got some Gyeon tar remover & Gyeon iron going to test them tomorrow. Got some new Britemax cleanmax shampoo aswell.

Made the mistake of taking the top off the iron remover in the house. :dizzy:

Cayman S Edition 1
Took advantage of the i4detailing closing discount and got some Gyeon tar remover & Gyeon iron going to test them tomorrow. Got some new Britemax cleanmax shampoo aswell.

Made the mistake of taking the top off the iron remover in the house. :dizzy:
The Iron remover is brilliant, but yes it does stink;)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Tried the new revive dressing on my very grey grill

870C88FD-F44A-4678-A976-55493DD71E57_zpsngdfgrs8.gif

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's painted grey it's not textured though. Ie it needs to be painted darker.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Anybody recommend a good dedicated glass cleaner microfibre?
Not from me, but generally the shorter the pile the better IME. The cheap Gtechniq grey ones are alright.

Also, GTech G6 perfect glass is excellent! My new favourite product of its kind.

Whilst I'm on glass, I used Angelwax H2O Go t'other day. Application was a doddle, haven't had it out in the rain yet though. Will report back.

Clio 182 - RB
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
How long are you wanting to do it? hydr02 will be good for coating all areas, but the clio arch linings take well to DLUX/C4

Golf GT & A4 Avant
@gally I know you used migliore strata coating white a bit and liked the applicator/ application. I used it at the weekend and although fairly easy, I felt the applicator sponge was a little grabby when moving over an area of uncoated panel. Felt lovely when going back over a coated area but almost like the sponge with product didn't glide over bare paint.

How have you found durability?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well I kept in touch with the owner of the white ST and he's the opposite of a decent detailer but he couldn't believe what the stuff did.

The thing that impressed me was it was sheeting beading like day 1 after months.

In regards to application, it's been my favourite of any coating. Trying to think what you mean, are you using enough? Only reason I ask is it's different to some others, the applicator seems to load so well and keeps spreading.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
What snowfoam does everyone rate? I still haven't found any that removes as much as magifoam, but I'm keen to try something else because magifoam doesn't appear to be stocked by many of the usual online shops (CYC, i4detailing etc.) and it's a pain at times like this when I'm looking to buy a few different things, and need to pay postage for stuff from two different places.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think a prewash spray is much better. Bilthamber does clean well though.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
What would you recommend for a prewash Kev? I like using snowfoam, but I'm ideally just looking for some way to keep touch washes to an absolute minimum on my civic after I give it a going over with the DA as the paint is so soft on it. So open to suggestions really.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Cool. I'm still deciding on whether or not to sell the wax. I really want a tub of Britemax Vantage, and can't justify having 3 waxes as well as a sealant.