ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it was out just before D&D and I liked it, sadly D&D blew it our the water.

I'm struggling with QDs these days as a lot now change the beading and sheeting of the product underneath. Z8 is still one of the best looking QDs out there, sadly it uses its own beading etc.

C2v3 and Reload diluted I've been using more and more due to the fact I'm using those products underneath.

If i'm using a wax then a QD is fine. If i'm using a sealant like the above I just top with diluted sealant to keep the sheeting and self cleaning abilities. Not like they look bad.

To this day I still think Fk425 is one of the best QDs I've ever used. Slick, looks amazing and so good with value for money.

Ads will it be used over wax? If it was and you wanted something nice to use on your own car then Z8 is definitely worth buying.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
thanks i have z8,done an dusted,prima slick,pinnacle crystal mist,blackfire one and wolfgang,but as we all know you buy more,the pricy postage has put me off the v3, i just bought some odk entourage which has got rave reviews like bouncers and i know jay and odk are good mates so probably the same stuff flol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Blackfire is some good stuff! You definitely don't need anymore QDs mate. You won't improve on that list. Well worth trying Fk425 when you get a chance though.

What will they be used over.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi af desire i gotta strip all the other stuff off first,its an addiction thts the problem but yes bouncers is the best i have used,pinnacle crystla mist i love but not the price tag

Cayman S Edition 1
My wife's picking up her new TT at the weekend (2012 plate) and they've thrown in for a free a paint protector (think its gardx). Just wondered if anyone on here has had any experience with this and how long it lasts?

I normally treat our cars with SRP and Gyeon Wet Coat so no idea if I should do anything with the TT or just wash it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just throw it in the bin, they're all useless. Maybe get something nice for the new car?

Cayman S Edition 1
Just throw it in the bin, they're all useless. Maybe get something nice for the new car?
It's free so I thought at least it would protect the car for a while. Told them not to bother when my S3 arrives though;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They won't be 'throwing it in' because their parts department will then be losing money.
They'll reduce the price if your car by £399 (or so) and then add the product on top.
Ga-Ron-f**king-tee.

They do it so they get their £50 bonus for selling an add on. Mainly because their s**t at their job.

Cayman S Edition 1
Fair play. They've had to put four new tyres on the TT and it comes with 2 years free servicing, so we're happy anyway. Plus we got a blinding deal on the S3 so it's all good:)

The drive home in torrential rain whilst hanging out of my arse seemed to clean it.
I saw you were not zipping along too quickly. Completely lost Jonny but saw him that evening for a comedy thing I'd stupidly booked... and Jonny isn't in today the lazy fucker.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
image.jpg
Is i4d closing down for good?

Not a 320d
Just bought one of those wheel woolies round detailing brushes (£12 ones), and trying this Sonax Turbo detailer as I read its basically BSD without the application problems and Im all out of BSD now. Shame about i4d really but glad they are not s**t out of luck

Golf GT & A4 Avant
What do you think to the turbo detailer? I only used it the once and seemed much nicer to use than BSD. But I've recently been mixing BSD with either chemical guys V7, megs ultimate quik wax, power maxed quick detailer and all are nice to use and still give the same beading. Tried mixing with reload and c2 and was still good but occassionally had a little streaking

Not a 320d
Not used it yet Ill update in a few weeks when i get round to washing the car. Didn't think much to C2v3 or Reload. BSD was the only one I stuck with since about 2 years ago now. The few reviews out there at the moment are positive and say its basically BSD without the crappy application or finish. Beading is supposedly just as good.

I also wondered about an interior dressing. The plastics and the leather in the ST are quite low budget and frankly look, after 1 year, a bit shitty and they could do with a dressing.

I think 303 aerospace is a good but doesnt cover/hide any real mess. Something like VRP dressall (which smells like semen) is a bit too greasy. Is there anything inbetween thats worth a look?

Not used it yet Ill update in a few weeks when i get round to washing the car. Didn't think much to C2v3 or Reload. BSD was the only one I stuck with since about 2 years ago now. The few reviews out there at the moment are positive and say its basically BSD without the crappy application or finish. Beading is supposedly just as good.

I also wondered about an interior dressing. The plastics and the leather in the ST are quite low budget and frankly look, after 1 year, a bit shitty and they could do with a dressing.

I think 303 aerospace is a good but doesnt cover/hide any real mess. Something like VRP dressall (which smells like semen) is a bit too greasy. Is there anything inbetween thats worth a look?

303 is only good if you can soak and leave ie engine bays and exterior grills. Chen guys new look trim gel might be worth a shot.

P.s thought you were dead.

Not a 320d
303 is only good if you can soak and leave ie engine bays and exterior grills. Chen guys new look trim gel might be worth a shot.

P.s thought you were dead.

Im still alive buddy, hows the Z4 ?? Just lurk now and my interests have changed as has this forum :) Ill take a look at the trim gel, trying to find info on the Sonax as well - seems Sonax has come on leaps and bounds over the last few years!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I funkin' love spirit blue

Did a quick rejuvenate run over with the DA leaving it looking like this...

1CF9678B-9E17-4D9F-9BC0-E9E1523FDF73_zpsjjqpyi6g.jpg

Two layers of my home brew wax and a layer of reload later and POP!

0C932EA1-3455-43FC-8B44-08B4E6DCBE38_zps88pgpmmf.jpg

Deep!

1A51B55A-2E4A-49F8-BE65-74FA61742514_zpswuursxzr.jpg

Then took it out for a proper spanking, overtseered it self dirty!

72C6E279-C518-4D2B-933D-764846ED2B1D_zpsi9z1da72.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Those Clios are the hardest paint I've worked on. Seriously I can correct an Audi or Merc easier than those Clios!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Any mk2 RS Clio I've worked on. Iirc the meganes were the same.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Most if not all suppliers do not make every single product in their line up, but most people seem to ignore that. but to give it such a premium price to bring it in line with the rest of the range is pure genius.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
@gally Looking at giving Reset a bash. I see that 1:500 is the recommended dilution ratio, but it may degrade waxes. Posts on DW are suggesting 1:800-1:1000 for using on wax coated cars.

What dilution ratio have you been using it at and what effect (if any) have you noticed? Or is this not relevant as ou have been using Reload a lot more?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It's all I'm using for plastics at the moment, it's ok, easy to apply without getting it everywhere but I wouldn't say its massively long lasting.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Whats the deal with fresh paint? Have a scuff on the back bumper of the 182 that I'll get spot repaired (its a cheap car, so its not getting a bumper spray).

How long should I leave it before polishing/waxing? Week or so?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Polishing provided not too agressive should be ok as lots of body shops flat back during the process iirc. It's more to do with letting the paint and solvents breathe as they cure.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It's all I'm using for plastics at the moment, it's ok, easy to apply without getting it everywhere but I wouldn't say its massively long lasting.

I don't think anything other than DLUX or C4 really lasts as long as the claims. A month is normally past their best. I'm looking to replace AF revive which I'm quite happy with bit just curious as it's a product I've never tried. Although having to decant and dilute I'm not sure I can be bothered with.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I don't think anything other than DLUX or C4 really lasts as long as the claims. A month is normally past their best. I'm looking to replace AF revive which I'm quite happy with bit just curious as it's a product I've never tried. Although having to decant and dilute I'm not sure I can be bothered with.

I can't be bothered with the decanting or diluting wither, I use it neat from the bottle and 1l has lasted me a couple of years.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Just thinking, I can send you a sample on Saturday if you like?