ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What wheel cleaner is best for diamond cut alloys?
Anything with no acid in it.

We use Autosmart alkaline wheel cleaner on the Porsche's and it's perfect.
We also use IronX on them if they're really bad.

Acid based cleaners will f**k them as soon as it hits them.

Reactions: Ben

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I've got some Bilberry stuff left over in the garage, I'm guessing that's acid free?

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I'm not sure you guys are aware but I learned that Gtechniq C1,G5,C4 are all the same product

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I swear by Hydro2

I've recently bought 5 litres.

Bit of a big initial outlay but it works out cheaper in the long run.

I quite like the lite version as it can also be applied like QD.

The amount it saves in endless buffing with towels is worth the extra in my book.

I can now fully clean the car in about 2hrs rather than 4-6 well that's if it stops raining. 😞

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hydro lite is easier to use as a QD in fairness, also lasts longer when applied to a dry car but for ease of use... it's a wonder product.

Oh and the Gtechniq stuff... I think people found out about 4 years ago.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Hydro lite is easier to use as a QD in fairness, also lasts longer when applied to a dry car but for ease of use... it's a wonder product.

Wasn't sure so just thought I would mention it

Golf GT & A4 Avant

How good is it as a QD? Good enough to use instead of reload for short term top ups or on coatings?

Clio 172 RS ph1
Looking for a towel to dry the car after wash, what should i look for?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I don't have any. I love that stuff
View attachment 154660 View attachment 154661 View attachment 154662 View attachment 154663 View attachment 154664 View attachment 154665 The car has been a bit neglected over the last 6 months with moving house and a busy work schedule so it was time for a tidy up.
Full decontamination,
Polish with Tripple via rotary,
Then I thought I'd go a bit old school with LSP choice,
Layer of Jetseal
2 layers of Lusso Oro,
Z6 wipe down
G1 on the windscreen

It's daft how easy it is to work with.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols at Jetseal base! That's what I'm talking about!!!

The stuff is like butter. Still one of my favourite ever waxes barring any durability. Proper warm Sunday afteroon wax.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've had to order over £350 worth of stuff as the numpties were welding near my detailing cabinet. Thought everything was ok, walked off then realised that the welding had caught some microfibres alight.

It took a storage box and a spin doctor bag full of brand new hex pads with it.

On the plus side I can't wait to open all my new goodies.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
So after the fire I've had to buy loads of s**t and tidy a lot up

672737BA-7F90-4122-9E21-71A9568BC6E4_zpszz7febwo.jpg

Made a sample tray from aluminium check plate, tidied it up a fair bit and painted all shelves satin black so it looked a little better.

The top plastic bin is absolutely full of pads, I hate getting caught short. The flight case has my polishers, backing plates and extension bars in and the bottom plastic bin is brushes, spare mitts, sand paper and other assorted s**t.

6233A300-62D6-4176-B73B-0EFF476A06E0_zpsug4crjis.jpg

Hopefully this lot doesn't get set fire to and then coated in fire extinguisher powder.
Still waiting on an order from car pro and also and order of MFs and drying towels as they were all a melted mess.

Inferno 225 cup
So after the fire I've had to buy loads of s**t and tidy a lot up

672737BA-7F90-4122-9E21-71A9568BC6E4_zpszz7febwo.jpg

Made a sample tray from aluminium check plate, tidied it up a fair bit and painted all shelves satin black so it looked a little better.

The top plastic bin is absolutely full of pads, I hate getting caught short. The flight case has my polishers, backing plates and extension bars in and the bottom plastic bin is brushes, spare mitts, sand paper and other assorted s**t.

6233A300-62D6-4176-B73B-0EFF476A06E0_zpsug4crjis.jpg

Hopefully this lot doesn't get set fire to and then coated in fire extinguisher powder.
Still waiting on an order from car pro and also and order of MFs and drying towels as they were all a melted mess.

I'd like you to do mine again soon.

After I found my da smashed and cracked I lost interest in machining :(

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
My work wagon/land yacht/hearse hasn't been cleaned in ages due to me not really giving a s**t or liking it at all.
Decided to use some old products I've never heard of that I found whilst clearing out yesterday.

First was a Zonyl PTFE resin sealant, then topped up with Banana wax.

DFCA024D-D394-41D6-84D2-0BF81328D01C_zpsru8hg68b.jpg

Considering the paint is rough as assholes, needs a good second and generally looked s**t I'm pleased with the results. Both products went on and off really well, the car feels super slick without being greasy! Soo glossy now

2B0A2B95-CFA2-445E-B00E-20F085C87E17_zpsqkqgqwrb.jpg

6D03F9EF-73A0-4340-99CA-7364302D9026_zpssgklmkpd.jpg

The colour really pops now, it's quite nice actually

B3B941BF-6AB7-4ADA-B043-72F674F13B92_zpsfmgorzdg.jpg

Happy with it not looking like it's been in a ditch now

20117E63-5C85-4E84-919F-2FBC614F0095_zpsxjcjlbea.jpg

That'll do until it goes back in June, hopefully. If it wasn't for the peasant spec seats, s**t wheels and major slowness it wouldn't be so bad.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Cleaned a friends car today (did mine yesterday but forgot to put pictures on here
530_3.jpg
530_4.jpg
530_1.jpg
530_8.jpg
530_6.jpg

530_2.jpg

Bonus shot of me in my neon running top. It's an E39 530i, has done many miles (it's north of 100k IIRC but I can't remember how far north). The headlights and lights in the tailgate are in desperate need of a restore but I had nothing to do it with.

I used up a fair amount of clay on this, paint was f**king atrocious. Didn't have any decent wax as @JD is a loser. It's only got Meguiars banana smelling wax on top (put on with an applicator as I don't own a DA - I didn't have any polish either so the finish could be better). Not bad for a 3 grand bargain bus.

@Scrooge is going to point out all the bits I've missed, don't care though, the owner will probably never wash the f**king car again.

530_5.jpg