ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Evo 5 RS
I'd say thats clean enough to someone without a mental condition. Three meter rule ftw :D

I'm looking at portable car ports. Not really necessarily for cleaning - just thinking ahead as will be parking under an oak tree. Unless anyone has a recommendation for a cover that can withstand dings?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Need some advice on how to remove this baked on tar/brake dust from inside of my track wheels.

I've tried using multiple applications of AF Oblitarate and AF Iron out but they haven't made much impact.

It'll pick off using a fingernail but that would take hours and I don't really want to use a plastic scraper.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
@TimR26

I found the auto finesse stuff wasn't up to the likes of ironx and tardis (apparently tar X is meant to be epic too)

I'd invest in some of that, if it's really stubborn, get the iron X paste which sticks and dwells for longer.

For the tar, saturate a paper towel in tardis or tar X and place it on the area and just leave it to work. It should soften it enough to wipe off.

Like this

14835800668_087e3e2a50_b.jpg

15022084202_5fb158199c_b.jpg

14835836938_59e21d9e3d_b.jpg

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
@TimR26

I found the auto finesse stuff wasn't up to the likes of ironx and tardis (apparently tar X is meant to be epic too)

I'd invest in some of that, if it's really stubborn, get the iron X paste which sticks and dwells for longer.

For the tar, saturate a paper towel in tardis or tar X and place it on the area and just leave it to work. It should soften it enough to wipe off.

Thanks. I definitely need to invest in some Tardis as it is so much better. Iron Out seems ok as there was plenty of purple reaction but I agree it's probably not as good as IronX.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Have you used Done and Dusted mate?

Is this better than that would you say?

No mate I've not used that one.

I've currently got Prima slick, Zaino grande finale, Gtechniq QD, Megs last touch and some others I can't remember and the Vic's beats them all hands down for ease of use. The only one that I think gives a slightly better gloss is the Zaino Grande finale.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
It's really hard show how good this stuff is. I used Wolfs Nano Glaze and their Bodyguard on wife's 320. So easy to use and hopefully it lasts a long time. Nano Glaze is like Carpro essence but it was released a while ago. It's a glaze that fills a little but also adds a sealant which is good a for a short time but Bodyguard is a durable sealant...

Apparently it can last up to two years but I'll just see how it goes and won't expect anything near that...

df9741f9dd40c22979afeef723f6889a.jpg

423311649d305807c9e2b288d2243c5a.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It's hard to beat vics QD for gloss, it simple to use as the best others. Fk425 almost evaporates into the paint a little like chemicalguys v7, albeit not quite as well. It's very slick more so than vics maybe more than prima slick and it's very cheap.

I've got some D&D and mainly used it on my motorbike. It is very nice and a good alrounder but not sure it does any one thing better than the many other QDs I already have.

Not used zaino grand finale but always liked z6, gtechniq QD was another that didn't really do much for me.

What's megs last touch like, other than it's versatility and price I don't really know much about it

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wolf's glaze is great.... bodyguard I really didn't like.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It's hard to beat vics QD for gloss, it simple to use as the best others. Fk425 almost evaporates into the paint a little like chemicalguys v7, albeit not quite as well. It's very slick more so than vics maybe more than prima slick and it's very cheap.

I've got some D&D and mainly used it on my motorbike. It is very nice and a good alrounder but not sure it does any one thing better than the many other QDs I already have.

Not used zaino grand finale but always liked z6, gtechniq QD was another that didn't really do much for me.

What's megs last touch like, other than it's versatility and price I don't really know much about it

Megs last touch is ok mate. Not the best I've used by far but still quite slick.

I've got about 5 litres of the stuff if you want a litre to try? (No charge obviously)

Grande finale is awesome on black cars.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Pearl black corrected yesterday. In 25 plus degrees. Tired today lol.
Rupes UHS via green Rupes pad on the 21mm Cotech DA; too much vibration for me personally and feeling it today :(
Zaino AIO / Z8 to finish.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Had to shoot to my mates workshop on Saturday morning but managed to apply a couple coats of Britemax Vantage to a few panels on Friday. Really brings out the silver

KmSHyRn.jpg

xQTl3gS.jpg

Such an epic car!

Have you tried the Werkstat Acrylic stuff before? Looked awesome on my old Silver Clio. Don't think it's available now, the Carlack stuff has replaced it on Polished Bliss.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I've started using the EZ car care products recently - anyone else use them? Seem to be really good but only recently got into the detailing stuff, always just used Megs or AG.
Got some pics but I'm at work at mo.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
I've started using the EZ car care products recently - anyone else use them? Seem to be really good but only recently got into the detailing stuff, always just used Megs or AG.
Got some pics but I'm at work at mo.
Tar remover is good but haven't used anything else yet

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah think that's the only thing I Didn't buy! Got all the other stuff pretty much. Getting the interior cleaner tonight, but need a decent leather cleaner to bring the matte look back

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Yeah think that's the only thing I Didn't buy! Got all the other stuff pretty much. Getting the interior cleaner tonight, but need a decent leather cleaner to bring the matte look back
Try Colour Lock - I've yet to use the leather & alcantara kit I bought but had good reports and met them recently - top lads.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Wasn't really sure where to post this, but my Nilfisk pressure washer died on me last night. Took it apart and all it needs is new brushes in the motor. Does anyone know of any websites where I'd be able to find spares for it?

Can someone recommend me a set of decent-priced detailing brushes to do all sorts? Shuts, badges, grilles, engine bay etc. ? Nothing too fancy but of decent quality is what I'm after

Golf GT & A4 Avant
At £4/5 a brush yeah they're expensive in comparison to the envy type brushes, but since having them I haven't used my envy or valet pro brushes.

It's a bit like wheel woolies, £35/40 for a set of wheel brushes so always went for the EZ detail brush. Considering they're only £10/15 each I got a set and was amazed at the difference.

It all depends how much to want to get into it. There's nothing wrong at all with the envy brushes and will probably last most people a life time.