ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Anyone used the fallout removed from autosmart?
Yes, every day!

It's no good on wheels like iron X, and it doesn't turn purple, but it does work.

Our new cars are covered in fall out. If they're on the top deck of a boat that's chugging out crap, we'll have to clean the whole car with it.

Tried out auto finesse lather tonight for the first time, very nice to use but seems to have left a streaky finish compared with what I was using before (AG bodywork shampoo), any ideas? Used too much in the wash solution?

The best shampoo I have use is wolfs white satin

I started off with dodo juice born to be mild before moving onto the autoglym stuff. Thought I would give auto finesse a try this time as it gets good reviews, just disappointed at the streaks in the finish but probably down to user error (if that's even possible with a shampoo Lol)

Done my research, possibly left it on too long before rinsing off, washed the entire car first before rinsing! Will give it another bash tomorrow after decontaminating the paintwork, wash a few panels and rinse, hopefully see a better finish! Me trying to rush things before it got dark 🙈

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Done my research, possibly left it on too long before rinsing off, washed the entire car first before rinsing! Will give it another bash tomorrow after decontaminating the paintwork, wash a few panels and rinse, hopefully see a better finish! Me trying to rush things before it got dark 🙈

I've just ordered 2l of white satin. I've used a few different shampoos and for me I find it to be the nicest

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I put this in my thread, but I'll put it here too. Desire is awesome.
golf2-jpg.jpg

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Hoping this is the relevant place. Can't do photos as am at work currently but... I'm suffering with bird- crap marks on my bonnet! The bonnet gets waxed often using 'mer' wax, but when a bird craps on it, I wash it off the same day and it leaves a mark still visible (in direct sunlight)! I have tried polishing it out, jet washing etc, and still they stay! Any ideas? Possibly somehow strip all the wax off and start again or something?
Wonder if this particular wax reacts badly with bird turd... Haha

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Hoping this is the relevant place. Can't do photos as am at work currently but... I'm suffering with bird- crap marks on my bonnet! The bonnet gets waxed often using 'mer' wax, but when a bird craps on it, I wash it off the same day and it leaves a mark still visible (in direct sunlight)! I have tried polishing it out, jet washing etc, and still they stay! Any ideas? Possibly somehow strip all the wax off and start again or something?
Wonder if this particular wax reacts badly with bird turd... Haha
It's most likely etched through the lacquer. If you're lucky then machine polishing/wet sanding will remove it but it can sometimes go too deep even for that!

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
It's most likely etched through the lacquer. If you're lucky then machine polishing/wet sanding will remove it but it can sometimes go too deep even for that!
ouch! surely being waxed up like it is should prevent/protect from that kind of damage!? any tips/products/methods for avoiding the marking?? theres only one place for me to park at work and its right under a tree with numerous crows nests in, so really I need solution other than... park somewhere else! haha, many thanks :up:

Evo 5 RS
Wax won't stop any real amount of bird s**t. I have to park under a tree occasionally which is why I got paint protection film. Besides that or a good car cover, you're just pissing in the wind hoping wax will save it. Key is to get it off as quickly as you spot it. If it's dry, soak it in a sopping piece of kitchen roll first.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Any recommendations for some trim restorer? I've got some AF Revive but it must be about 5 years old and doesn't seem to be lasting very long.

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Ran out of my old Megs Quick Detailer stuff today.
Any recommendations for a replacement that's around the same kind of price range as the Meg's one? I like the idea of the Chemical Guys P40 what with it having some carnauba in it for a bit of added protection. Don't need anything silly expensive as the Cup wears its war wounds well and it's never going to be a show winner!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
There's the megs ultimate quick detailer is a good product as is Meguiars ultimate quik wax adds good gloss and a little protection. Nice and easy to use.

Sonax brilliant shine detailer gives lots of protection and is more a spray sealant than a traditional QD. Doesn't really add all that much gloss and not the nicest to use.

Chemical guys hybrid V7 is more there QD with protection

There are also the likes of autofinesse glisten, zaino z8, and zymol field glaze, Wolfs chemicals reparation.

Then there's the likes of carpro reload and gtechniq C2 that are spray sealants but can be diluted down to use as a qd

Evo 5 RS
Tried Britemax Vantage at the weekend, noticed a pretty immediate difference over the top of Light Fantastic. Also Boot lid is now covered in Xpel protection film too

DSCF2996_1.gif

91b2eb0e-dbf4-414b-8d42-8770f56546e9.gif

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Be all over £24 plus vat. Will ask the rep next time he's about. I don't like him so will ask one of the lads too