ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
You lucky son of a gun! I am working Wednesday, but my mrs is away...so will probably be able to stay up to 1am-ish. Hopefully get at least one raid done by then including the challenge, whatever it may be.
You can take Golgoroth's gaze can't you? To my shame, I've never even attempted it - so whilst I probably can do it OK, I've not tried it. Most people now seem to just run round in a circle from the flying balls so I can do that if necessary but hopefully get some people in who have done it before.
Yeah, I can do it, I don't like it, but I'm fine with it!

Mito Sportiva 135
OK cool. If I pop on tonight the only thing I want to do is the sisters on my hunter as never did that. But as I don't have the CP now it probably wont happen!

Mito Sportiva 135
I will probably need to steal a checkpoint (your speciality...!) but I'll go on LFG and see what I can find I guess.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I will probably need to steal a checkpoint (your speciality...!) but I'll go on LFG and see what I can find I guess.
I suck them in with my soothing, gentle voice and friendly demeanour. Then take what I need and leave them broken.

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha. Sure. I try to treat LFG people with some respect, but the truth is, a lot of them are horrible, bad people.

Before holiday we were on sisters and needed one more. A guy joined but had a golgoroth CP, and asked if we could do that first. So we agreed and did it for him. And then he left straight away without saying anything!
Even if I'm with a team who aren't getting anywhere, I'll always say something before going. There's no need to be nob on there just because you don't know people personally.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, it's bad when your group is utterly awful, and I still don't have the heart to just leave :(

Mito Sportiva 135
i just say 'I'll give it a couple more runs but otherwise I'm going to have to leave". I don't have hours to sit and fail at something forever. You can quickly tell I think if a team is competent enough in skills and communication to be able to beat something. If you don't feel you are going to do it without sitting there forever then I politely make my exit. No need to be rude about it and sure they will live with it!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
It is, but it's a necessary evil for most people.

Are there still clans around that recruit people to raid?

Mito Sportiva 135
Ours has about 4 - Gorms is apparently but never plays with us lol.
Yeh LFG isn't great but you need to use it.
i hope in Destiny 2 there aren't so many quests requiring fireteams which are non matchmade. That's going to be a right pain otherwise.

Mito Sportiva 135
I managed to grab a checkpoint if you are about later?
Another guy on my list asked me to do Challenge again even though I was on sisters. Literally told him to do one as I've done it for him twice already - he just logs on to Destiny, finds out what he's behind on then gets me to do it. After 15 months of it I've had enough now. He's one of those people that is always talking about 'helping out tomorrow' but it never materialises!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I managed to grab a checkpoint if you are about later?
Another guy on my list asked me to do Challenge again even though I was on sisters. Literally told him to do one as I've done it for him twice already - he just logs on to Destiny, finds out what he's behind on then gets me to do it. After 15 months of it I've had enough now. He's one of those people that is always talking about 'helping out tomorrow' but it never materialises!
Yeah i can be on - I'll help ;) I didn't do Golgoroth or Daughters on my Hunter so happy to get Daughters done at least!

Mito Sportiva 135
You got a CP on Golgoroth? I'll help you with my titan and can switch straight to sisters on my hunter after that if you want?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
You got a CP on Golgoroth? I'll help you with my titan and can switch straight to sisters on my hunter after that if you want?
I had the CP that we used to do WP the last time, but I've killed Oryx on that character the same night, so not sure how that works?

GTD, Lupo
Ours has about 4 - Gorms is apparently but never plays with us lol.
Yeh LFG isn't great but you need to use it.
i hope in Destiny 2 there aren't so many quests requiring fireteams which are non matchmade. That's going to be a right pain otherwise.

I always ask to join you guys but there is never space. Sick of doing it with randoms, it would be nice to be with a group of people that know what they are doing.

I couldn't play earlier as my wife was coming home withe our son and she needed help out the car.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I always ask to join you guys but there is never space. Sick of doing it with randoms, it would be nice to be with a group of people that know what they are doing.

I couldn't play earlier as my wife was coming home withe our son and she needed help out the car.
We should just pre-arrange it on here! Better than logging on in hope!

Honestly mate, even if I've fully completed the raid for the week, I'd happily run it through again with others if it helps them out. I'd even run the ships again!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on my Xbox (just the TV right now though) so if anyone wants to do something, just flick me an invite. I haven't done the bloody Nightfalls this week either!

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm just going to do sisters after dinner if anyone else needs to do it. I can lfg it otherwise. I need to do nightfalls too but probably won't both with them until the new exotics get released unless anyone is keen. I can be persuaded to do that c^*t of a strike

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm all done for raids this week as well but if anyone needs a hand just ask!

I'm just going to do sisters after dinner if anyone else needs to do it. I can lfg it otherwise. I need to do nightfalls too but probably won't both with them until the new exotics get released unless anyone is keen. I can be persuaded to do that c^*t of a strike

I can help, as said mate. I'm on now!

Mito Sportiva 135
Golgoroth challenge mode is live - doesn't sound too hard. You can do 1 orb strat but need to have everyone take the gaze each round. You get another artifact plus something else @ 320 i believe.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Golgoroth challenge mode is live - doesn't sound too hard. You can do 1 orb strat but need to have everyone take the gaze each round. You get another artifact plus something else @ 320 i believe.
Everyone take the gaze? How does that work?

Another 320 Artifact? Lame. Hopefully the other 320 piece will be armour (being Golgoroth, I'd assume so).

Who's on tonight? I'll be on at 8.30, I want to smash the raid.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Just read the Resdit page, I get it now. And it is Armour, so presumably, Hard Mode completion of the challenge will reward me a 320 piece, AND a 310 piece. But being Bungie, no doubt they'll be the same type.

Mito Sportiva 135
armour and an artifact I think! Seems quite easy if you communicate OK. As I've got 2 titans, 2 different 320 pieces would be nice. You still up for doing it tonight anyways?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
armour and an artifact I think! Seems quite easy if you communicate OK. As I've got 2 titans, 2 different 320 pieces would be nice. You still up for doing it tonight anyways?
Yes mate, well up for it. 8.30 like I said, can be quite late, too.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'll probs be more like 9ish but if you start pulling a team together maybe then I'll jump on ASAP. Some of the guys from last night should be on if I ask otherwise.
Think it's worth being patient to get a good team together as sounds like more coordination is required than WP - surely this week is where I'll get a ghost higher than 314 too!? I've had it since the first week of hard mode.

Mito Sportiva 135
To be honest I'm quite happy with that - I'll be honest, I was (and probably still am) addicted to Destiny. The way the game is designed, they've purposefully used behavioural science to get players addicted. And I mean that in a very real sense - people behave like drug addicts with withdrawal, only to be satisfied with new loot. This, combined with my OCD tendencies for completeness, are not a great combination!
I'm kind of happier when there is less to do because I don't want to feel like I NEED to be about for an event or whatever, or that I'm getting left behind. I'm accutely aware it's a game, but I've never felt so compelled to keep playing something like this one.
That being said, it is a LOT of fun most the time, if you play with people you like.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest I'm quite happy with that - I'll be honest, I was (and probably still am) addicted to Destiny. The way the game is designed, they've purposefully used behavioural science to get players addicted. And I mean that in a very real sense - people behave like drug addicts with withdrawal, only to be satisfied with new loot. This, combined with my OCD tendencies for completeness, are not a great combination!
I'm kind of happier when there is less to do because I don't want to feel like I NEED to be about for an event or whatever, or that I'm getting left behind. I'm accutely aware it's a game, but I've never felt so compelled to keep playing something like this one.
That being said, it is a LOT of fun most the time, if you play with people you like.
Yeah I find that the game feels like it's worth playing if you're on with people you enjoy playing with. If you're not, that's when I end up reflecting on the negative parts of the game.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'll probs be more like 9ish but if you start pulling a team together maybe then I'll jump on ASAP. Some of the guys from last night should be on if I ask otherwise.
Think it's worth being patient to get a good team together as sounds like more coordination is required than WP - surely this week is where I'll get a ghost higher than 314 too!? I've had it since the first week of hard mode.
I'll see who I can gather - anyone from your normal lot going to be on (Rupert / Best etc)?
@Cookie @Gorms - you guys around this evening?

Mito Sportiva 135
Rupert and Best should be - Rupert's been unemployed for months and is single so should be - although I think he mentioned seeing some mates at some point today.
Best is good so I'll message him now