ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dephaser pulley has died (guess) needs transporting to garage, best option?

Fabia VRS & Yeti
As per title, I think my long overdue dephaser pulley change has now become a priority! I need to get the car to a garage 35 miles away. I've had a quick search here and google and not come up with much. It's late and my brain hurts. I have breakdown cover through my bank account, best to go with them and pay a bit or use an independent company?:S

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If you're covered through the bank - I'd go with that option. At least you'll have a decent 'backup plan' should anything happen in getting the car to the garage.

Bad to hear that about the dephaser. I had mine done just over a week ago, along with it's 2nd cambelt. Mine wasn't making any noise - but as it was original to the car and nearly 9 years old, I aired on the side of caution.

Hope you manage to get it sorted ok.....

D.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
If you're covered through the bank - I'd go with that option. At least you'll have a decent 'backup plan' should anything happen in getting the car to the garage.

Bad to hear that about the dephaser. I had mine done just over a week ago, along with it's 2nd cambelt. Mine wasn't making any noise - but as it was original to the car and nearly 9 years old, I aired on the side of caution.

Hope you manage to get it sorted ok.....

D.

Thanks Darren, I should have mentioned that it's at my home address and the breakdown service I have through the bank doesn't cover this. Will I just be able to pay a supplement? Normally I'd just roll it/push it round the corner but I don't want to waste a day off getting the car transported!

Fabia VRS & Yeti
When you say its died do you mean its completely broken or just rattling??

It's been rattling for ages, now it's not idling properly, engine management light flashing, making a put,put,put noise:(
It's been doing it on and off but only when idling now and then.

Thanks for moving the thread Darren, didn't know where to put it.

GSXR + KDX220
Sounds just like mine tbh, its been rattling for months but now is getting very lumpy at idle, it used to do it now and again but is gradually getting worse and more frequent. I was going to to it but decided to sell the car/break it.....I'm not 100% now :eek:

Mines the same mate idles all over the place and rattles like mad but my car is only worth 1200 so I'm driving it to the death can't be bothered to fix it still pulls good at high revs.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Sounds just like mine tbh, its been rattling for months but now is getting very lumpy at idle, it used to do it now and again but is gradually getting worse and more frequent. I was going to to it but decided to sell the car/break it.....I'm not 100% now :eek:

Mines the same mate idles all over the place and rattles like mad but my car is only worth 1200 so I'm driving it to the death can't be bothered to fix it still pulls good at high revs.

Except mines not revving much anymore. Mines worth fcuk all, especially not running right! I'll get it sorted but it will be the last big bill before it goes!

I dont know how much your bill will be for sorting it mate but always remember second hand 172/182 engines are everywhere and cost fuk all.