ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RIP 182 - bring back from the dead or let it be?

Clio 182 '05
Hi all,

I've had this 2005 182 for about 7 months but the engine has bit the dust. The garage that I bought the car from replaced the cambelt and dephaser pulley, but the belt slipped a few teeth and one the the spark plugs now looks like this;

IMG-20180917-WA0001.jpg

The only code the ECU gave was a generic random/multiple misfire code. We think that the garage didn't do the service properly, but I've not got any sort of warranty left with them.

So, taking into account that not only would I have to source an engine but I would also have to get the belt/pulley done properly, would anyone actually recommend doing so or should I just cut my losses?

The car is a standard Arctic Blue, no cup packs (it has Anthracite wheels but they aren't in great nick) and the body isn't in the best condition so I'm not sure if I would get much for it.

I love the car but I wanted to see what you lot think as I don't want to go down a rabbit hole of trying to get it road worthy. I don't use it for commuting so it's not urgent. I also live in West Sussex if that helps anyone.

Attachments

• IMG-20180917-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180917-WA0000.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 110
  Clio 182 '05
I'm going to try and call them tomorrow. The annoying thing is they are in Swindon, so it's not as if I could just pop down the road...

If they try and put the blame on me, how should I respond? I'm getting my local garage who looked at it to give me something in writing explaining what happened to the belt, is there any other action I should take before contacting them?

Clio 182 '05
They got the belts done after I bought it. It was advertised as having the belts done already.