ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Danman-'s Mk2 1.6

Hey guys, this is my mk2 clio :) had it for about 6 months now, any suggestions what else I could do to it? Thanks! :D

When I first brought it:
IMG_0413.jpg

1st thing - Paint the wheels:
IMG_2073.jpg

Tinted windows and a nice decal ;):
IMG_2297.jpg

So far so good:
IMG_1917.jpg

Painted drums and calipers:
IMG_2074.jpg

The callipers aren't actually this bright lol :p
IMG_2117.jpg

Carbon wrapped bullets:
IMG_2120.jpg

Carbon wrapped hazard surround:
IMG_2291.jpg

Carbon wrapped wing mirrors:
IMG_2300.jpg

Clio badge sprayed black:
IMG_2293.jpg

Went a bit carbon mad and even did the key lol:
IMG_2284.jpg

Carbon wrapped spoiler! :D
IMG_2294.jpg

Took quite a while to do but happy with it in the end :)
IMG_2299.jpg

Carbon wrapped speaker surround:
IMG_2420.jpg

Carbon wrapped dash strips with airbag decal:
IMG_2422.jpg

Carbon wrapped gearstick insert with decal:
IMG_2431.jpg

Carbon wrapped diamond (done rear diamond as well but not put back on yet):
IMG_2303.jpg

Any ideas for my clio or questions about it, just comment below :)

Cheers, -Danman-

Clio 1.6 16v (K4M)
Re: MY CLIO 1.6 PROJECT

Hey matey - firstly good effort on all the carbon wrapping (looks really good).

I would honestly say colour coding is a massive improvement (I own a 1.6 in the same colour as you and although I have really only just started doing bits n pieces the colour coding is a huge improvement!!)

Interior is looking really good though...maybe look to upgrade your headlights to a pair of 182 xenon beasts (silver vision indicators etc) look also really nice subtle improvement on the standard ones ours came with lol

Jamie

Hey matey - firstly good effort on all the carbon wrapping (looks really good).

I would honestly say colour coding is a massive improvement (I own a 1.6 in the same colour as you and although I have really only just started doing bits n pieces the colour coding is a huge improvement!!)

Interior is looking really good though...maybe look to upgrade your headlights to a pair of 182 xenon beasts (silver vision indicators etc) look also really nice subtle improvement on the standard ones ours came with lol

Jamie

Yeah I have been thinking about getting it colour coded, what kind of prices are you looking at? and have you got a pic? I could do with some new headlights as well, mine are all cracked lol :(

LY R26 230 F1 Team

Wrapping is neat fella well done.
I'd say leave the CF wrap now you dont want to go OTT.

Next, some 172/182 wheels some decent springs and then you're good :)

2014 Clio 200t edc

Looks good mate, wrapping is much better than mine!! Where did you get the airbag and gear knob decals from?
Also just to mirror, springs, 1*2 wheels and DEFINATELY colour coding would finish it.
Pm sprayshack on here for a price, their work looks amazing!

Thanks everyone :) Most likely be looking for a sport grill next, or some headlights :p

Looks good mate, wrapping is much better than mine!! Where did you get the airbag and gear knob decals from?
Also just to mirror, springs, 1*2 wheels and DEFINATELY colour coding would finish it.
Pm sprayshack on here for a price, their work looks amazing!

Heh thanks :p the airbag and gearknob decals were actually from sprayshack lol, found their page on facebook and just emailed them about it, cost £2.80 for both decals :) seen some of the things they've sprayed, all look very professional :)

How much carbon wrap did you need to buy for all that?!

Think it was like a 1m x 3m sheet off ebay lol, cost about £18 and still got loads left :D

Liquid Yellow R27

Awesome job on the carbon wrapping, especially the spoiler. As Jamie said above, colour coding would make a big difference and the 182 xenons would be a good shout. Subscribing to this thread, looking forward to seeing it's progress. :)

That carbon wrapping (particularly reffering to the wing mirrors) looks waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy better than some of the stuff members have paid other self-claimed "proffesional" members on here to do - well done.

Cheers guys :approve:

The hardest thing I've had to carbon wrap so far is definately the spoiler, just been looking on ebay at RS grills and they're are quite pricey, anyone know where I could get one cheap? Been told possibly a scrapyard so far lol :)

Vectra

love the carbon mate , looks great all you need do now is sport grill / coilovers / clear indicators / 172 rear bumper...sorted!

looks nice, love the spoiler against the silver :) any pics of the car as a whole after your happy wrapping spree?

(s)Low Dynamique

Looks awesome! Done an amazing job with the CF, but as already mentioned don't go OTT with it! Out of interest, did you do it yourself? If so, which wrap did you buy and where from?

Here are some ideas...
RS Grille
Colour Code side bump strips + door handles (you can do it yourself very easily with no experience, for around £30)
Either keep your current alloys and get some lower profile tyres or get some of the 16" ones off a 172
DECK it
Possibly get the front windows legally tinted (30%), as just having the rear windows limo tinted looks a bit van-like (my clio is a van too at the moment)
Get the front+back bumper plastics colour coded too
CLEAR SIDE REPEATERS and silvervision clear indicator bulbs (front+rear)
3/4 plate for the front

CLIO 1.6 UPDATE:

I got a sport grill for Christmas! :D

IMG_2447.jpg

The other bits are seatbelt pads and a new hazard switch, I broke mine when taking off the hazard surround lol :(

Going to fit it ASAP!

Well that's the grill done :) Didn't take too long to do:

It was only held on by two plastic screws and about 10 clips
IMG_2451.jpg

Was quite tricky unfastening all the clips though
IMG_2452.jpg

Thought the grill was black but it's a dark grey with tiny silver specs, matches perfectly :D
IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

Well that's it for now. Gonna get a nice finish on my headlights with some wet and dry paper and I'll get a photo of my rear diamond up as well one day.

Cya guys! :)

looks nice, love the spoiler against the silver :) any pics of the car as a whole after your happy wrapping spree?

Thanks mate :approve: I'm gonna wait till the weather gets a bit better and give it a good clean, then I'll take some more photos :)

Looks awesome! Done an amazing job with the CF, but as already mentioned don't go OTT with it! Out of interest, did you do it yourself? If so, which wrap did you buy and where from?

Yeah I did all the CF myself, Dad did wing mirrors actually lol. He first brought some and covered the wing mirrors on his Fiesta ST, Then I brought some more so I could do mine :) It's from ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARBON-FI...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb2073548

Hope that helps :)

Finally, here's my CF rear diamond, was thinking about painting the boot release silver but not so sure now :)

IMG_2449.jpg

2001 1.2 Clio Black.

Really like the CF , how hard was it to wrap? Im looking to do my rear boot badge , and the spoiler looks quite tastey.

TT QS

Thanks mate :approve: I'm gonna wait till the weather gets a bit better and give it a good clean, then I'll take some more photos :)

Yeah I did all the CF myself, Dad did wing mirrors actually lol. He first brought some and covered the wing mirrors on his Fiesta ST, Then I brought some more so I could do mine :) It's from ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARBON-FI...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb2073548

Hope that helps :)

Finally, here's my CF rear diamond, was thinking about painting the boot release silver but not so sure now :)

IMG_2449.jpg

the buttons always annoyed me on mine.... do you think youll just spray it?

Really like the CF , how hard was it to wrap? Im looking to do my rear boot badge , and the spoiler looks quite tastey.

Thanks :) the CF wrap is quite easy to use, the boot badge wasn't too hard because it's quite small :) doing the spoiler took ages though lol :p

the buttons always annoyed me on mine.... do you think youll just spray it?

I know same :p think I'll end up spraying it yeah :) can you get it the exact same colour in a spray can though? Does anyone know the colour code?

TT QS

Thanks :) the CF wrap is quite easy to use, the boot badge wasn't too hard because it's quite small :) doing the spoiler took ages though lol :p

I know same :p think I'll end up spraying it yeah :) can you get it the exact same colour in a spray can though? Does anyone know the colour code?

bigger halfords will mix it for you. £15 for a can so its alot but for things you need its okay. and MV632. same colour as mine ;)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

wrap the whole car in carbon? :quiet:

never see someone do that before!

UPDATE:

I've ordered some new number plates for the clio, 3/4 for the front, standard size on the back, nice and plain, no silly logos or borders :)

I'll get some pictures up once they arrive :)

BMW 330ci

Alright mate, I've got a non sport and thinking of getting a smaller plate. What size did you get ?

Ordered 520mm x 84mm for the front and 520mm x 112mm (standard size) for the back, they haven't come yet but ill do a before and after picture so you can see how it looks :)

BMW 330ci

Ok thanks, looking to get one might go for 520mm x 90mm though as might be a little less obvious to police...hopefully lol. Just want something to tidy the front end up :\. Ok will keep an eye out. Thanks

Liquid Yellow R27

UPDATE:

I've ordered some new number plates for the clio, 3/4 for the front, standard size on the back, nice and plain, no silly logos or borders :)

I'll get some pictures up once they arrive :)

Good call mate, will look really tidy with this on!

New number plates came this morning and I fitted them fairly easily while my gf was on her driving lesson :)

The screws were very rusty and it was covered with dead flies and dirt behind the old ones but after a good clean and lots of foam sticky pads, there on! :)
Here's some before and after pictures... :D

Before:

IMG_2468.jpg

After:

IMG_2470.jpg

Before:

IMG_2471.jpg

After:

IMG_2478.jpg

And to finish it off, here's a picture of the whole car :D

IMG_2472.jpg

Needs a good clean I know, really cba in this weather, as long as I get it done before the meet next week I'm happy :)

Liquid Yellow R27

Looks much smarter dude! Those numberplates make a big difference. I'd go for some clear side repeaters and do some colour coding on the bumpers, side strips, etc. :)