ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Re: 'Cub's Trackday Flamer - Cage etc'

Mine definitely needs doing - capsicum pink, of course! I like this a lot though, mate, good effort!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Hate the white. But at least it's tidy and will show where if you have leaks.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Hate the white. But at least it's tidy and will show where if you have leaks.

FLOL. No mincing of words. Yep, it is a bit marmite. Will see what it looks like all together, can always spray it differently if I feel like it. And at least it's clean, and as you said will mean early oil leak detection :)

330i. E30 Touring.

You know me! I'll regret it after about 10 mins when some oil has seeped out onto the rocker cover!

I can't wait to put my dirty hands all over that rocker cover.

Clio 172 cup

Have just read this thread start to finish...epic. Keep up the good work. New to the world of Renault but some proper decent lads on here by the looks of things.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

You massive tart you!! It looks great though mate. I think we should re-name this thread "Oli builds a 172 from just mail order parts"

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Have just read this thread start to finish...epic. Keep up the good work. New to the world of Renault but some proper decent lads on here by the looks of things.

Thanks Scott. Welcome to the world of Renault and Cliosport.net. Yep there are a good crowd on here, loads of technical knowledge and i've been lucky that so many have helped in the resurrection of the flamer :) Just avoid that Budgie character, he is a chopper.

You massive tart you!! It looks great though mate. I think we should re-name this thread "Oli builds a 172 from just mail order parts"

A parcel a day keeps the misery away :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Looking forward to putting it all back together on Saturday. Exciting stuff.

Buy a box of gloves from somewhere if you haven't already mate. Invaluable.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti

Engine looks good.. white really is a brave choice for a rocker cover lol! I thought I was brave with white heat wrap on my manifold, which I would like to state is already brown after a 100 miles!

Cars looks good mate looking forward to seeing it Saturday :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Looking forward to putting it all back together on Saturday. Exciting stuff.

Buy a box of gloves from somewhere if you haven't already mate. Invaluable.

You best get round early bud, the Budgie and Herbertez are unleashed on it from about 9ish! :)

Gloves, sorted!

Engine looks good.. white really is a brave choice for a rocker cover lol! I thought I was brave with white heat wrap on my manifold, which I would like to state is already brown after a 100 miles!

Cars looks good mate looking forward to seeing it Saturday :)

See you Saturday, i'm hoping the GTI is running as I haven't seen it for a while. I am sure it will go brown, but to be honest, at least its been cleaned up and freshened up underneath the new layer of oil / grime that will appear :)

330i. E30 Touring.

9am? I'm up at 7:45 on Saturday for an 8am start! Need to get to Brentford for 3pm. ;)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti

See you Saturday, i'm hoping the GTI is running as I haven't seen it for a while. I am sure it will go brown, but to be honest, at least its been cleaned up and freshened up underneath the new layer of oil / grime that will appear :)

I did over a 100 miles in the car last night without any problems so providing nothing happens between now and Saturday all should be well and I will be along in it. Only problem I hit last night was water got in through some places that I didn't expect it to so the inside of the car was like a fishbowl in places. I will be addressing this issue with grommets, mastic and foil tape this evening lol!

Advantage with white is its easy to see you have any leaks, it will stay clean if you keep on top of it.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

I did over a 100 miles in the car last night without any problems so providing nothing happens between now and Saturday all should be well and I will be along in it. Only problem I hit last night was water got in through some places that I didn't expect it to so the inside of the car was like a fishbowl in places. I will be addressing this issue with grommets, mastic and foil tape this evening lol!

Advantage with white is its easy to see you have any leaks, it will stay clean if you keep on top of it.

Sounds good bud :) Chuckled at Fish Bowl! Shall we get you a snorkel?

Yep, I just intend to regularly take off the manifold to keep my eye on it and clean it up. With the new man cave, stuff like that is much easier than doing it outside in the rain!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

You best get round early bud, the Budgie and Herbertez are unleashed on it from about 9ish! :)

Gloves, sorted!

FFS, I'll see what's left to do.. Wash it you say? That'll do.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

FFS, I'll see what's left to do.. Wash it you say? That'll do.

Don't worry, as Mike said, there is rather a long list to tick off so there will be plenty to do. I need to sort the brakes out, which can't be done until Scrooge makes up the final brake line for the rear ;)

And the PMS shifter will be an absolute delight to fit.....

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Don't worry, as Mike said, there is rather a long list to tick off so there will be plenty to do. I need to sort the brakes out, which can't be done until Scrooge makes up the final brake line for the rear ;)

And the PMS shifter will be an absolute delight to fit.....

FFSnake. As long as the exhaust isn't in the way this time I'm sure we'll be fine.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

FFSnake. As long as the exhaust isn't in the way this time I'm sure we'll be fine.

I make no promises :)

Also, I need to do some gubbins on RS Tuner, and it needs a clean and I want to trial fit the Black OZ F1's, and I'd like to clean it as its covered in grime, and I'd like to take some photos....and Nick needs his Monaco compression tested...and....and...and

Last edited by a moderator:

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep

Looking forward to seeing the end result.

It's projects like this (and the others on here), that make me wish I could buy an older Clio to tart up for track use.
Got no way of towing it there though. Lol.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

Can I drop the race car over for you guys to all build as well for me?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Why are the F1s not white?!! Tut

They came from @Christopher. in black and were far too good a price to turn down! I'll see what they're like black, then may get them powdercoated white when I put a new set of AD08s on them.

Looking forward to seeing the end result.

It's projects like this (and the others on here), that make me wish I could buy an older Clio to tart up for track use.
Got no way of towing it there though. Lol.

Cheers bud, it is a long term commitment. No point spending money on an older clio unless you plan on keeping it for some time. That is my view anyway.

Tow? Just drive it there and back you big fairy ;) Jamie86 - lol, you have no idea the emotional payment I have to make.....

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep

Cheers bud, it is a long term commitment. No point spending money on an older clio unless you plan on keeping it for some time. That is my view anyway.

Tow? Just drive it there and back you big fairy ;)

Flol! Well, yes, there was the driving option. Evil voices keep telling me to strip the dirty derv and fit braces. Then I realise it's a 1.5dci with 86bhp, and is my sensible daily.

Seriously tempted to sell the bike though to free up some fundage.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

They came from @Christopher. in black and were far too good a price to turn down! I'll see what they're like black, then may get them powdercoated white when I put a new set of AD08s on them.

Tow? Just drive it there and back you big fairy ;) @Jamie86 - lol, you have no idea the emotional payment I have to make.....

A few quids worth of rattle cans if they're a half decent finish already and I'll paint them white for you lol