ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Bargain E90 330i SE

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So, paid for this today :smile:

The dealer serviced it and replaced both rear ARBs at cost, but critically replaced the iDrive unit and the FRM
Module (had reverse light and side light failure) under warranty.

They say it needs new rear wishbones, but that can wait.

So, it's mine. And I love it. I'll move this thread to General Automotive Media and make it a project thread.

Plans are:

- Get it to @Scrooge for some paint love and a struggle cuddle from me.
- get J-tech to do the wishbones and alignment (unless we think it's a job we're capable of?)
- new tyres
- plod around in it for some time.
I need a cuddle.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Fire!!!

2E531DB7-DCE9-468B-A1FC-B604C43A4CB8_zpsbcn5xsg7.jpg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Doing the wishbones is the easy part. The geo however afterwards is not!! I'd send it out and I have access to oxy acetylene and fancy pants alignment gear! Lol!

Looks a nice car though mate.

Leon Cupra 300
That's a bargain, and that engine is a peach. Just a shame it's a bit poverty spec but can't have everything.

Keep those wheels too they look great on SE's

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
That's a bargain, and that engine is a peach. Just a shame it's a bit poverty spec but can't have everything.

Keep those wheels too they look great on SE's

Cheers! I'm not upto speed on BMW specs, but I thought it was pretty good? Professional Nav / IDrive, leather, climate control, electric everything, parking sensors, xenons etc. is that pov spec?

Either way, it is a hell of a lot more comfortable than a 53 plate Micra and a track focused supercharged clio! 😂

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cheers! I'm not upto speed on BMW specs, but I thought it was pretty good? Professional Nav / IDrive, leather, climate control, electric everything, parking sensors, xenons etc. is that pov spec?

Either way, it is a hell of a lot more comfortable than a 53 plate Micra and a track focused supercharged clio! 😂
He means because it's not a sport. The differences are the same difference between Nike air max and some quality Brogues.

You can't teach class.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
There's nothing poverty spec about it..far from it!
If you are that way inclined you can get the add on's for the front bumper for £100 which makes them look better than sports imo -
IMG_20130614_121048_zpsad36afda.jpg

IMG_20130616_164024_zpsb42b84cd.jpg

I'm sure Mrs Cub isn't though! lol

Leon Cupra 300

Daniel should know me better! I don't mean because is not a sport, I don't dislike the SE's at all..

Nav and leather are (some may say essential) options on it. It hasn't got xenons, pdc std, climate std, it's prob go auto lights and wipers which are std..

This generation aren't too badly specced as std.

But yeah it's tidy and for the money really can't go wrong !

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
@philmots and @Daniel

I did some digging in the folder of service history and bills he gave me and dug this out...you're right on xenons which is annoying as it has the washers (one of which is being replaced as it fell off on the m40) [emoji23]

Seems PDC wasn't standard either, but it was hardly pricey.

835a7cbb3a2c58f7a458ed2f383d951e.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
@Rob @Daniel @Sir_Dave

When I change tyres, can I swap to non-run flats, and do I need to carry a can of crappy tyre weld or a spare if I do?
Absolutely yes, you also have a bit of a shitty half arsed attempt at a spare wheel void, it's not much, but my personal preference would be to put a space saver in there, even if it means raising the boot floor by a couple of inches with a lightweight timber frame or similar.

I'm going go test whether a space saver fits in my brothers one soon, but if you can't be bothered with all that, tyre weld and cigarette powered compressor it is.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Absolutely yes, you also have a bit of a shitty half arsed attempt at a spare wheel void, it's not much, but my personal preference would be to put a space saver in there, even if it means raising the boot floor by a couple of inches with a lightweight timber frame or similar.

I'm going go test whether a space saver fits in my brothers one soon, but if you can't be bothered with all that, tyre weld and cigarette powered compressor it is.

Cheers dude. We'll need to discuss...I don't trust tyre weld, but not sure how well the space saver will go in. I know the 'compartment' in the boot you mean ;)

Leon Cupra 300
I never knew they weren't standard, they were on my old E90 335d and had them on all other BM's I've had so just assumed! Useful extra though...

Swapping to normal tyres made a huge difference again on my 335d, not just the ride but the price too! I bought a space saver for the boot for less than than the difference in price of 4 runflats.

On this 550i the ride is pretty good already and the tyres are bizzarely cheap, so when I change I'll keep the runflats.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
@Rob @Daniel @Sir_Dave

When I change tyres, can I swap to non-run flats, and do I need to carry a can of crappy tyre weld or a spare if I do?
As per the others, try and get a space saver in there.
If you have a blow out or a ripped tyre, tyre weld won't be doing s**t and you'll wish you bothered to put a space saver in. I speak from bitter experience.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So.. the expenditure begins 😂

4 new Michelin Pilotsports all round (non-run flat) and can of tyre weld and a compressor. Until @Rob investigates if a space saver fits. Chop chop bud. x
f**k me, going all out on new boots! You're so rich it makes me want to s**t in my pants.

When you cry, I bet pound coins come out of your eyes.

Still enjoying Beemer ownership? They do drive better than almost anything else out there. No matter what their age.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
f**k me, going all out on new boots! You're so rich it makes me want to s**t in my pants.

When you cry, I bet pound coins come out of your eyes.

Still enjoying Beemer ownership? They do drive better than almost anything else out there. No matter what their age.

It's not out of choice bud! The rears need replacing and I don't want to run non-run flats with run flats.

I've never seen a bear cry? ;) x

I'm loving it. Genuinely. It's brilliant. Did another 400 miles this weekend to see my poorly nan and it soaked it all up in wafty comfort with classic fm at 0.9 leptons. It goes well when pushed aswell. (Hence me wanting new rear tyres).

Hope Brethren Colshe and yourself are all well.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
All good thanks @Cub. Well, as good as we can be in this dark corner of our lives! Lol.

Didn't that bear cry in the John West tuna advert??

Leon Cupra 300
So.. the expenditure begins 😂

4 new Michelin Pilotsports all round (non-run flat) and can of tyre weld and a compressor. Until @Rob investigates if a space saver fits. Chop chop bud. x

I got the space saver for the E60, fit straight on my 335

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I don't know if they make a space saver that goes over my brakes :(
I've got tyre weld, a compressor and an RAC membership
Have you taken it down the local car meets yet? :p

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I don't know if they make a space saver that goes over my brakes 😧
I've got tyre weld, a compressor and an RAC membership
Have you taken it down the local car meets yet? :tongueout:

I think the compressor and tyre weld will be my first port of call. I have RAC membership for any car I'm in (whether I own it or not) so I'm onto a winner there :)

Not been to the car park dodgems yet. Clio is more 'in keeping' with my brethren down there. You? 😂

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So, 4 new Michelin PS3 (non run flats) arrived and went on last week.

Obligatory s**t photos;

c452d14e05e627e8b39bf27f178f6df9.jpg

33b3b10050f93f0499c9c81f2838bec0.jpg

The first one that came off had plenty of tread, which irked me as it felt like wasted cash.

5df03d08b0edc24f9644fc78c7e6063b.jpg

But, glad I decided to change them. 2 were on the limit on the inner edge, and 1 had this in it;

b39f34ebe4c060b2729fc9180b555397.jpg

Missed by BMW when it went in for service. No wonder the tyre pressure light kept activating. Also, whilst on the ramps the guys investigated the wishbone issue BMW said needed doing urgently at a cost of £760.

It doesn't need doing. At all. No play, absolutely fine.

Bullshitters.

I'm glad I got the new tyres on before the snow arrived, much fun has been had, even on full tread tyres. May have been a bit too 'interesting' on the old tyres.

The ride on non-RFs is also a million times better. Car as a whole I'm still loving. It's actually pretty brisk when it wants to be.

Happy bear.