ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Bargain E90 330i SE

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Read post 2. :p

I said Volvo.

I said V70

And diesel because Cub insisted it had to be. ;)

Last edited:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Volvo is awesome!

Like a hearse. With 300bhp and 400 Lbft. Lol!

Read post 2. :p

I said Volvo.

I said V70

And diesel because Cub insisted it had to be. ;)

I know bud, I know. I think it may well be a V70R. Showed it to the Mrs and she liked. We talked about it and came to the conclusion she would still prefer to drive the Micra irrelevant of what I bought, so size is no longer an issue :)

Postponed until late Feb though, due to the costs incurred from this break in :(

So that black one will probably have sold. I'll have to keep my eye out as the R's don't seem to come up often.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cub im also a volvo fan as you know.
There's a chap on here that has a 2.4 T5 S60, Phil I think?

Anyway he was saying to me that the R is twice the price of a T5 but not twice the car.

Also that the R engine liners are prone to cracking as they are thin.
The R guys fit and tune the 2.4 T5 engine as its better.

I started a thread about "Family bus" a while ago mate. There is also a volvo forum bud with more info. :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! Would be funny though.

Do you both really want a barge? ST Mondeo? V6?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
*these.

I'm not declaring my love to a Scottish geezer in Shakespearian.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Any chance you can stretch your budget to an RS4 Avant? Clearly it might need an extension on the initial outlay plus ongoing costs, but V8!

Just looking at the various 3ers posted earlier, it MUST be a sport. The SE looks like a different car - much more pauper. That said, the Merc looks another class above the sport.

Happy hunting!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Update on this. Afraid an RS4 Avant is out Tim, I already have one money pit car.... :)
Spoke at length with the Mrs, and work have told me what role they want me to do next, which effectively rules out a dog. As such, the estate requirement is no longer, and something to transport 4 adults is the only real requirement left. So...I am seriously considering a mkV R32 in grey with DSG, 5 door. A la...
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../engine-size-cars/3l_to_3-9l/page/3?logcode=p
But hopefully one with circa 70k miles.

Any advice what to look out for, known issues etc?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I had one. Plenty of info in my "project" thread. Probably the best allround/daily car ive had, 135i only beats it through sheer pace tbh.

DSC07010_zps8e9b4b46.jpg

Issues:

Dsg box
Steering rack (reason why i sold mine)
Aircon condenser
Porous heads on early models

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I loved yours Dave. I remember not being able to get it to move though when trying to drive it, lol.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I had one. Plenty of info in my "project" thread. Probably the best allround/daily car ive had, 135i only beats it through sheer pace tbh.

DSC07010_zps8e9b4b46.jpg

Issues:

Dsg box
Steering rack (reason why i sold mine)
Aircon condenser
Porous heads on early models

When you say "DSG box" do you mean they are all bad, or there are specific problems in some of them?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
When you say "DSG box" do you mean they are all bad, or there are specific problems in some of them?
If they break, nobody really knows how to fix them lol. They also need an oil change every 40k to prevent it breaking.
Ticking time bomb basically. Id go for a manual personally, but i just dont like issues that i have no way of preventing.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If they break, nobody really knows how to fix them lol. They also need an oil change every 40k to prevent it breaking.
Ticking time bomb basically. Id go for a manual personally, but i just dont like issues that i have no way of preventing.
Wuuuuut! They can be fixed for less than a grand if the mech unit fails? You know this Dave.
A friend's V6 TT dsg went a few years back, cost him less than a grand to fix and did another 40k before selling for a mk2.

What about that guy on here who had the black R32 he ended up paying for a new box didn't he to the tune of £3k or something.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What about that guy on here who had the black R32 he ended up paying for a new box didn't he to the tune of £3k or something.
And he's know he went about it in a retarded way.