ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Bargain E90 330i SE

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So, nearly 4k miles clocked to date, and i'm still loving it. I feel a little bit sorry for the clio, it hasn't moved, but I suppose it is keeping the miles off the charger. It will also allow me to go more extreme with the clio in terms of suspension. But thats for that thread, not this one.

It needs an oil service in 1200 miles, I'm assuming thats just oil filter and oil change? I've checked idrive and everything else is good for >15k miles supposedly. Just the oil. I checked the last service done in January and they didn't do it.

So if it is just filter and oil i'll do that myself. @Rob and @Daniel and @Sir_Dave - advice please :smile:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Just do it yourself tbh, unless of course you want to keep up the BMW warranty etc:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tec...ing_Engine_Oil/BASICS-Changing_Engine_Oil.htm
Working on BMW's is a pleasure compared to the clio btw, removing the oil filter, without getting covered in oil, ftw.

Top man! Cheers bud.

It will never be going back to BMW again, i'll use the guys who work on the clio for big stuff. They race an M3 so are well accustomed to Beemers :smile: I'll be doing the minor jobs myself though.

Last edited:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Not a 330 but I love my 325 goes like stink now its mapped aswell, I will say though seats in the SE aren't the best.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Goes like stink AND looks lovely!

Are those wheels just the reps that you can get off the e90post wheel dude?

Yeah they are from CMWheels, best replica's you can get of the 359M wheels (other than Avant Garde). I did want genuine ones but thought the 3.5k pricetag was a little silly for 4 wheels.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Well standard its 194hp and now its 256hp with 383ftlb. Same 3.0l engine in it as the 330 and 335 just all down to map and turbo's, more people tend to buy the 330's which was my intention but to find a 3 in the spec and colour I wanted was hard enough as it was so when I seen the 325d I bought it. Sorry @CUB highjacking your thread.

Snotter's
My understanding was the pre LCI 325d lump was slightly different to the 330d? The LCI engine is identical apart from the map, they do have weaker boxes and the 320 brakes as oppose to the larger 330 jobbies.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
The 325D and 330D are the same engine, the whole lot but injectors are different. Also 34hp difference and 0.7 of a second to 62.

Snotter's
Just checked and it's only in the LCI where the 325/330 engine is the same(n57), the m57 which you have has a few differences between the 325 and 330d so they wont map to the same power.

Leon Cupra 300
Just checked and it's only in the LCI where the 325/330 engine is the same(n57), the m57 which you have has a few differences between the 325 and 330d so they wont map to the same power.

It's not even all the LCI's... The LCI 197hp is the old engine, the LCI 204hp is the all ally one that is identical in every way to the LCI 330d lump.. They must of had a batch of the old engines to use up !

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So this happened last night;

Which meant I got my garage back. Just in time to do some bits and bobs on the bargain BM.

693e7e2275eed19d1b8a533395ab2122.jpg

0e62d71dd9810dd11beb091d02c104f7.jpg

c08497ea77a69ed0be17c936e56be4a8.jpg

It's running better, hesitation has gone and it's much smoother.

Other than that, little to report. I still love it as a daily.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm back in the 6 cylinder BMW club now boyo! Feels good to be back. (The fuel consumption doesn't feel so good though...)

How did you get on with the spark plugs? I did them on my 330 E46 and one of them was a right t**t to do!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'm back in the 6 cylinder BMW club now boyo! Feels good to be back. (The fuel consumption doesn't feel so good though...)

How did you get on with the spark plugs? I did them on my 330 E46 and one of them was a right t**t to do!

Welcome back to the club, I saw the 5'er - lovely :smile:

Yeah, cylinder 5 is a bit awkward because of the strut brace but it was fine and dandy with a littler extension for the socket.

Those dickheads at ECP gave me the wrong filter (can see on the photo) so I had to use the clio to head down to swap it as I'd already drained the oil. Morons. Seems they can't even do the simplest of jobs.

I'm averaging 29mpg. I should fix the micra and only use this for long journeys really. But I can't be fooked.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
We just both use my Clio if we're on our own/doing any running around. It's so cheap to run that it could balance out a Veyron!

Yeah Euro have fucked up my last two oil filters. One for the mini and one for the Clio. Never had an issue with them before so hoping it's a one off!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
We just both use my Clio if we're on our own/doing any running around. It's so cheap to run that it could balance out a Veyron!

Yeah Euro have fucked up my last two oil filters. One for the mini and one for the Clio. Never had an issue with them before so hoping it's a one off!

Super micra is next weekends project :)

Needs aux belt and a few other bits and bobs.

Clio needs stuff aswell. Ordered AST's for it today. Excellent :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lol, our financial situations are so far apart!

You ordered AST's today, last week I bought a second hand shock for £10. LOL!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If you don't sell that micra you need your head examining. Get rid. The Beamer is a perfect daily.

Nice work on the service, sorry I couldn't make it over.

Have plugs sorted it then?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
If you don't sell that micra you need your head examining. Get rid. The Beamer is a perfect daily.

Nice work on the service, sorry I couldn't make it over.

Have plugs sorted it then?

The micra has a soft spot in my heart. Plus it's the Mrs car. Won't be selling that!

Plugs seem to have sorted it bud. Running really well. :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So, this passed its MOT this week with one advisory for a chip in the windscreen.

Excellent. It clocked over 111k this week aswell. Piling on the miles :)

The Micra also passed its MOT. With no advisories. Despite it not moving and being SORN'd for 8 months. That thing is incredible.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Is it a K11 you own mate? I bloody love mine. It just goes and goes. I did a full service and brand new pads and discs for £50.

Gives me 52mpg and is hilarious on the bends with the spongiest suspension I've ever experience in a car

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Is it a K11 you own mate? I bloody love mine. It just goes and goes. I did a full service and brand new pads and discs for £50.

Gives me 52mpg and is hilarious on the bends with the spongiest suspension I've ever experience in a car

It's k12 bud, but mine is much the same. Full service for £60, 40 mpg and likes to be on 3 wheels at 30mph.

The only problem at the mo is the last dickhead who did the aux belt rounded the nut on the pulley, so I've been forced to deploy the @Budgie

He loves the Micra. Like a brother.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So, a few niggles appeared this weekend.

First up, seems the drivers window button has broken, meaning I can get the window down but not up. After much faffing, I got it up. Anyone know if I can swap the individual button or if it needs a new "console"?

Second, the repeater for the indicator on the drivers side falls out. Seems the clip has broken. So I'll order new ones of those and swap the two over.

Other than that, it's doing exactly what I need it to do. Wafting around in comfort. Done another 600 or so miles in it the last two weeks. Average mpg - 25.2 😂