ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooksport springs fitted (before and after)

Hey all, finally decided to bite the bullet and was fortunate enough to get a set of the sought after cooksport springs recently.

Here is a few pictures of how it stood and looked beforehand:

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

Got the springs fitted today and the result is somewhat remarkable, totally changes the look and feel of the car.

Although the tracking etc will have to be sorted out and I would say comfort is ever so slightly sacrificed for the looks but nothing I didn't expect:

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0472.jpg

DSC_0467.jpg

DSC_0473.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look, cheers.

RB 182 FF
I like that! Looks very tidy! I just put Cooksports on also, love them......... Perfect drop and nice performance! :D

320d
Nice drop on the Cooksports. I had them on my 182. They were really nice on a smooth road, no body roll at all, like a go kart. Pot holes etc weren't nice to hit though, that could be said for any lowering spring though.

Great product overall.

Thanks all, yes that is one thing I would note when going over potholes or dips in the road you can really feel it but not to an extent where its uncomfortable just noticeable.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks all, yes that is one thing I would note when going over potholes or dips in the road you can really feel it but not to an extent where its uncomfortable just noticeable.

​That's good as I like this anyway gives a good feel. Not like I bought a clio sport for comfort anyway ;)

Looks smart! I've got a set of cooksports sat in the box until august as I need to get all the other components for my suspension refresh.
Your car has gone from looking like a monster truck to looking spot on, cant wait to get mine fitted.

FF Racing Blue 182
Superb, Dumbarton rock?

Also, that wheel colour is spot on - nicest shade i've seen for the standard rims on a 182!

I've asked him couple of times about where he got them done....i think its a Honda colour but they do go well with artic

Ta, I was shall we say not fit to drive at that time yesterday, but you are spot on Danny that's Dumbarton Rock.

The alloys are Honda Anthracite like Scott mentioned and I got them done by JB repairs they are at Oakbank Industrial Estate, Garscube Road.

Don't drink that often Scott but been to the Stags a couple times alright. What about yourself, still come back for a pint or two or found somewhere new in Renfrew?

Last edited:
  FF Racing Blue 182
Used to watch the games in the stags before i came to bishopton

I don't bother coming over its a taxi back or get on three trains which isn't worth it

An orange one
Got a mate who isn't on here with an inferno 182, he's just fitted silver turinis and is after some good springs now, where and when will these be for sale again?

Dru G

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Hey all, finally decided to bite the bullet and was fortunate enough to get a set of the sought after cooksport springs recently.

Here is a few pictures of how it stood and looked beforehand:

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

Got the springs fitted today and the result is somewhat remarkable, totally changes the look and feel of the car.

Although the tracking etc will have to be sorted out and I would say comfort is ever so slightly sacrificed for the looks but nothing I didn't expect:

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0472.jpg

DSC_0467.jpg

DSC_0473.jpg

LOOKS AMAZING - WHERE DID YOU GET THE DECALS ON THE SILLS??

172 cup
Ghm just fitted mine today mate at there brilliant but I have slight scrubbing on the arch liners when turning, have you experienced this yourself?