ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cookie's Golf R32

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Love the sound of these but never felt quick enough for me. It looks great though!

This one fall into the monster car tax bracket?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Excellent colour combo!!
Now you need an RNS510, coilovers, Whiteline ALK, rear ARB, Haldex controller & some coilovers.
DSC07010_zps8e9b4b46.jpg

Also, whilst the option Recaros look nice, i found the standard ones to be far more comfortable!!
Re: the front end noise, i had similar and it was the cv joint on the nearside, it had failed whilst i was fitting the coilovers, i was lazy so fitted a whole new driveshaft, but im sure a decent Indie will be able to diagnose easy enough. Also, if you dont have it already, get VCDS so you can code things like cruise (if it doesnt have it), rain total closure, boot pop mod etc etc.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I really should have a look and see if it has cruise, wasn't paying any bloody attention as usual.

It had the NSF CV boot replaced in January apparently, but the noise definitely sounds like it's coming from the NSF so will have a look soon.

I take it changing the CV joint is DIYable (not by me, I'll pay @Scrooge in whisky to work on the car as per the usual arrangement ;))

RS4
Didnt take a pic infront of the car with your thumbs up then?

Check out R32OC club. This car is probably originally from there

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Didnt take a pic infront of the car with your thumbs up then?

Check out R32OC club. This car is probably originally from there
I did, they just haven't put it up yet (or maybe they won't because my face is horrendous)
R32OC forum makes me feel ill, such a horrible layout
@Sir_Dave - How easy is retrofitting cruise?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
r32oc is like a graveyard compared to CS as well tbh.
Cruise retrofit is easy, £35 stalk, 20 minutes of trim removal & 5 minutes of coding with VCDS.
I get the impression your skillz are somewhat non-mechanical however, so perhaps get @Scrooge to do that as well :wink:
My skills are on the software side of things, so dicking about with VCDS is more up my alley than actually fixing mechanical things. I tend to either be too cautious with stuff (not hitting it hard enough) and being too gung ho (nearly flooding my house after pelting copper pipes with a mallet). I doubt I will find a middle ground.

I like it how it is now, BBS CH's look great but they seem the be the wheel of choice (like Clio folk & their Turini's) eg, every f*ckers got 'em! 😂

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Usually the dirt goes into the deep layers of the mitt, which is why a mitt is better than a flat sponge.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
See ive never understood this business. Surely when you wipe dirt/grit off the car, it wipes the dirt/grit across the car? Unless you dab the car with the wash mit?
Not if you use 2BM, pre wash and snow foam.

Get rid of most of the dirt before you even touch it with the mit.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Not if you use 2BM, pre wash and snow foam.

Get rid of most of the dirt before you even touch it with the mit.
I use 2 buckets (and a pre-wash, but have no snow foam currently), the paint is 10 years and 61,000 miles old. I don't think I'm doing too much damage.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
So, fings I like about the car so far:
- When you open it at night the sidelights and rear lights come on, and there's tiny pointless spot lights at the mirrors
- You can do 20mph in 6th and the gearbox doesn't whinge
- The way it flings itself out of roundabouts
- Noise
- It's easier to clean than the M3, and the wheels are less irritating
- The paint is quite sparkly after a clean

Fings I don't like (well, it's one thing - nothing to do with the broken things)
- It attracts bell-ends like no car I've ever driven. I do the speed limit pretty much everywhere, which was fine in the M3 but seemingly is like shitting on someone's mothers face in the Golf. Tailgated for miles today for no reason and someone went through a red light trying to 'race' me. Mentalists.