ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

COD: Black Ops III (3)

I know most don't play COD anymore, but it's still my most played game on my Xbox (zombies).

It comes out November 2015. The beta is out this month, and it looks like Sony are getting some exclusivity this time (earlier DLC access), so the same goes for the Beta:

PS4 : August 19th
One : August 26th

Will you get it?

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Nope, MW3 was the last good one imo, sicne then more and more sh*te to appeal to the 'new' crowd.
If they ever make a World at War 2 I might get that, but they will probably be stupid and put all this tech into it too

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Nope, MW3 was the last good one imo, sicne then more and more sh*te to appeal to the 'new' crowd.
If they ever make a World at War 2 I might get that, but they will probably be stupid and put all this tech into it too

Lag destroyed MW3 though. It had the chance to be a great game, but the s**t latency issues put paid to that. I don't like Quickscoping either, but then it's down to personal preference there.

Clio williams / 172
Me and my friends have given up on the last few, have brought them all but dropped after campaign completed. Will try this one if not back to bf4 or hardline again no loss to me both brilliant games lol

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
World at War was the best one. I for some reason played Ghosts and Black ops II last night, bloody awful.

I'd buy it if they do a WW1 or WW2 game - have no interest otherwise. All about the Battlefield these days (4, not hardline)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I might do. Tbh, I've lost track of what COD series is what. It all gets a bit meaningless. That said , I've always like the SP campaigns and never really the online aspect.

Unfortunately, DICE thought it sensible to follow the upgrade everything options of COD and again, diluted the experience for me. I randomly receive gold battle packs 'free' through email - and it bugs me that I get these for actually doing nothing within BF4 itself. If the unlocks in the game can so easily be given away, then surely they aren't that special in the game to begin with?

Who knows, this one might break the mould - but I doubt it.

White APE
I've owned every COD and expansion they've done. Nothing beats the original WWII ones on the PC. The latest bunch I've given up after the campaign.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
That looks OK, I might be tempted as I've given the last few releases a miss.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
When you look at those games and the new ones it's terrible, simple shooter and grenades and weapons etc now it's plain s**t!

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I hated AW but after I got my internet sorted and off my 46" TV my game went from being raped, to raper..

Once you stop getting totally sh1t on the games pretty decent, I'd go as far as saying the movement is actually incredible..

They just forgot that the game shouldn't only be for the hardcore gamer, it should be fun.. To top the table you have to use every trick in the book, jump shots, drop shots, strafes, be able to pick up random guns and melt, camp out to get your streaks..

It takes me an hour to warm up, then I destroy everyone for an hour but then I'm burnt out.. To win involves to much effort, it's not a laugh, it starts to stop being fun.. I could play blops2 all night, lose every game, be bottom of the table and it was an awesome night.

Aw is great, by it's not fun with friends, certainly not for hours on end.. That's why my ps4 hasn't been off for months.. If I wanna play aw I'm on my own. I can't wait for blops3, it should be more fun for more people.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
There was a petition in March for Activision to release a remastered MW2 on One and PS4. Would be brilliant.

Like others, I feel the last one was utter pap. And this one looks the same. Shame, as they had the perfect formula for a brief period.

I assume no one tried the PS4 Beta last week?
The Xbox Beta is out today, I've set it to download, so will try it out tonight.

I also have a spare code, if anyone wants it (Xbox one).

I played the ps4 beta as I was given a key for it. After 5 minutes of playing I was bored already, it's just like the rest of the yearly releases although you can run on walls now.

Doesn't help there are only 2 maps in the Beta too!

I nearly rage quit and deleted it after my first game. But after a few more, I got into it again. The weapons seem s**t, but like always it takes time I guess.

Will I buy it? Probably. If only for zombies, as that's what I spend 95% of my time on these days.

Listerine & Poledo
Haven't done a COD since original Black Ops.
It's the constant fork-over-your-money DLC that puts me off. Oh look, this new map is........oh, it's the map from BLOPS2!

Also, too many yankee screamers, hackers, campers etc.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
We had a blast on the beta, some in the guns were way op, so people ranked up, set up and worked the spawn traps to get mega scores.. It was good tho, slightly faster movement with the wall run, no fking up trying to climb ladders as you can jump..

It felt like black ops again, a job well done, can't wait...

Downloaded for Xbox One last night (48GB).

Looks good so far. Looking forward to trying out Zombies.

I'm really liking it. They've made a lot of changes since the beta.

The boost jumping is more subtle now, which is better. No one is jumping around. Big improvement over the last (easily done).

The sounds are impressive.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I think everyone was on Aw last night getting some last minute warm ups before switching over to Blops3 as I was dropping 40-50s in team death match.. Kids were getting sh1t on...

I fired up blops3 and got noob'd..

It's spot on, the movement helps but doesn't win gunfights, I can't just burst in and dazzle people with movement anymore, I just got blasted..

I fired up zombies for a bit and that looks good, but I've never really understood how you learn it all..

I buy PSN/XBL credit off eBay (e.g £50 for £40). Makes the downloads slightly cheaper that way.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Nearly downloaded this and will have a game later when the better half goes to bed. What's people's thoughts so far?