ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 Front End Restoration

nice work unlike the useless c*nts who repaired mine after the crash, need 2 get my front bumper and bonnet re-done

E92 325D
Sorry mate was just a passing comment.

With 3 stage pearls the actual pearl itself that is applied over the ground coat (green in this case) is very thin and opaque. It provides very little "coverage" so takes many coats to actually get the correct shade etc.

Electric Orange, Velocity Red and many others.

Liquid yellow the same im guessing?

Renault are useless haha.

First spoiler was more green than yellow. Second is more white than yellow. *Sigh*

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's just poor colour matching. LY isn't as bad as you might think. Also new BMW Orange is a simple metallic.

iceberg phase 2 172
nice to see so much pride and care going into someones work mate , alot of bodyshops just want the cash and are unbelevable for cutting corners etc , well done dude . i havent read the thread but is owner a member on here ?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No he's not mate.

Thanks for the kind comments chaps.

Our painter on his day is superb. We actually both started on the same day as a painter and panel beater apprentice respectively.

We have a tight nit shop with no staff turnover really so the guys are superb together and is learning from one of the best. It shows.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols. Indeed mate. The thread wasn't an advertisement hence no mention of the company. Was simply an insight.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Yeah I understand, but as so many have said in this thread , finding a decent body shop is hard work,

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'd even agree with that mate. And once the work is done it's usually too late.

Great results, proper old school panel beating, most of these new cheap places would run a mile from repairing something like that, this is proof you get what you pay for. My boss is the same, the things he's repaired instead of replaced to keep costs down at customer's request amazes even me sometimes.

Usual story with paint threads though, always someone spouting a load of shite. Poor finish in the basecoat, WTF?

Gally, regarding new paint what products would be recommended to protect the paint?

Or would the paint be to soft, need a certain amount time to settle etc?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Dawn. I must have had 10 different pm's, all from English Members!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL @ Dawn having hers painted.

Gally: "Ochhh but thi paint i like neuuuuuuu"

Dawn: "But Kevin, if you look just there, in the right light, there's some RDS I can't get out from when a squirrel lept into my path when I last drove it in 2007"

Gally: "Woman heeeiiiiid"

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent pics gally. Just shows you what's really involved when you get a decent repair done.

The only criticism I can make is that you're too far north. The bodyshop I used to use has now closed - so when are you selfish sods moving down south? ;)

​D.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Point proven how rubbish most body shops are. Gfs mini was hit on front o/s corner damaging , bonnet, inner wing , bumper and various trim ect . It went to the local BMW/mini dealer ( Williams Liverpool) it came back after they had it for almost 5 weeks! And had a list of things that weren't right. It's been back again and still isn't right.
Pretty straight forward repair , replace parts and paint were required .
Drives me mad that you have to fight to get an almost ok repair let alone an perfect one.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Point proven how rubbish most body shops are. Gfs mini was hit on front o/s corner damaging , bonnet, inner wing , bumper and various trim ect . It went to the local BMW/mini dealer ( Williams Liverpool) it came back after they had it for almost 5 weeks! And had a list of things that weren't right. It's been back again and still isn't right.
Pretty straight forward repair , replace parts and paint were required .
Drives me mad that you have to fight to get an almost ok repair let alone an perfect one.

So common mate. It's a shame. The more money and more work garages get the worse they seem to get! Ridiculous.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Just really basic stuff too, no paint on edges of the bonnet or in the seam of the bumper. Bonnet alignment all over the place.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
True. My regular place shut down which Is a crying shame. Just had my front bumper redone, top money and a s**t job IMO

​gutted.