ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio speaker and head unit upgrades

im looking to upgrade as much of the sound system in my clio as much as possible including the tweeters, head unit and all speakers if possible.

what would be the best brand to go for as i want to have the same brand all the way through if i can, if there are links you can show me then that would be great.

would i need any extras as in new speaker wire or an amp? if so, what wires and want amp do i need?

my car is an 04 plate dynamique mk2 phase 2 if thats needed.

sorry to be a pain but im pretty new to this and no nothing about it hence why ive came here :) so im open to all suggestions.

Clio
Alpine always gets a good right up, its up to you with amp, would be better sound if running the speakers off a amp rather than the headunit, all depends on budget ect ?

172cup
Depends on budget, can get going with an uprated setup for £250. Thats a decent sony or alpine HU, Component speakers, wiring kit and an amp. Ebay is your friend on this one can usually pick some good brands at a lower price than RRP. Hertz, SPL dynamics, JBL50.. range and Alpine are the best way to break into decent SPL. Avoid vibe, fusion and halfords when using a low budget....Buy cheap buy twice! give us a PM if you want a system specced. Also welcome to CS mate! :)

To add to what's been said, as well as budget a crucial starting point is deciding what you want as that'll influence what your money is spent on.

If you want sound quality (i.e. if you actually like music) then amped (front) components are probably what you'll want to look at first. If you just want your mates/halfords/mcdonalds crew to think you're rude/sick/got-bare-P then a sub & amp (or even 6x9s if on a major budget/CBA)

well my budget would be roughly 300, i dont really have one as id just save up for the things i need to get:) and im looking for sound quality i dont bother hanging around it car parks, im not into that haha so just good sound quality because i like my music :) just need to find what route to go down and where to start

also thought id mention as i forgot to that i would like to keep the controls for the music by the steering wheel too if im able to, i dont have the money atm, but i could get that in a couple of weeks, what would the package include? message me if you want to:)

i wouldnt mind a sub but id like the space in the boot to be free, im not really bothered about a sub tbh, i just wanted to concentrate on the speakers in the front, back, parcel shelf, tweeters on the dash and the headunit and an amp if needs be, any help id love :) im open to suggestions