ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio key problem

renault clio 1.4 16v
hello
on my friend's Clio there is a problem

he opens the doors with the remote key, when he enters the key on the central lock the lamp on the dashboard blinks.
is not possible to turn on the car

sometimes it is permanent (not blinking) and then the car can be turned on.

i tried to remove the battery of the keyfob but it is still the same

when it is blinking, you turn off press the keyfob button while turning on the ignition and then its working

but in general sometimes it is working sometimes not

thanks in advance

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Have you tried the second key? If the second key works then its the first key at fault.
I have had this issue on a previous car and its a pain in the ass. Loads of people have had this issue on here and if you search there is a lot of info about it. You might have to replace the security ECU (UCH) +barrels+ keys but have a search first.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Immobiliser mate.

Mine was doing this - by the ashtray you should have an indoor central locking switch. Hold it down in the "lock" position until the immobiliser stays a solid red, then when it is solid, unlock it with your key fob.

This worked for me.