ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT 0-60mph video.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Meh. Pulls like a train IMO. Been in a 172 before too and although it accelerates quicker i still think in a torque situation the Diesel has the edge.

Either way, Top Gear highly recommends the Diesels in the 159. As do other reviews?

DMS

A thirsty 172
Diesel = the fuel of Satan.
Turbo diesel = polishing a turd
Petrol turbo = full of win

Although if I'm honest, a lot of modern turbo diesels are very nice to drive. I went out in an 08 plate 320d pool car not long ago and it was the nicest, most civilised car I've driven for ages. Not very quick but I can see the appeal of them.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Oh don't get me wrong, petrol turbo is full of win. But modern diesels are good!

JB

RB 182 Cup
So what are you after if you get rid of your GT? No offense but I think it's a mistake to buy (or be bought) a new car as your first car - unless the rents can afford something ridiculous as I'm sure the new novely wears off quite quickly especially when an older faster car makes mincemeat of you. Or you post 0-60 vids and it takes 10+ seconds to reach it :rasp:

Lass at my old work rocked up one day in a 57 plate Corsa thinking she was the nuts, it was the base model, black plastic side trim, steelies etc. What would I rather own? That or my then 51 Reg 172 Flamer...errr easy choice!

I understand that the GT isn't the base model by any means but you get my drift ;)

does that first video count as showing us how it handles around the twisty s ;)

plum the gts never going to be a cool car on cs with a spotty teenager posting silly videos ;)

MCS R56
Upside down speedo vids - new CS craze?! Mental!

I love that this has nearly turned into a diesel vs. Clio Sport thread - Sport owners hate this!

172 Cup
what the hell is double clutching? I mean iv heard it used all the time but done actually have a clue how it is done?

Megane 225 F1
IIRC it's used on older gearboxes and you put Clutch in to put into neutral then release and then clutch in again to change to next gear. So when you change gear you put it into neutral 1st. Weird I know.

I'm sure someone wiser will be along in a minute to tell me I'm wrong lol

Last edited:

DMS

A thirsty 172
AFAIK, in older gearboxes you couldn't go straight from one gear to another because they had a constant mesh. The synchromesh was designed to work around this problem and make operating a transmission simpler.
When you balls up a gear change and you hear a grinding noise, that's not actually cogs grinding away at each other, it's the teeth on the synchro not matching up to the gear properly.

See here: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/transmission3.htm

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm currently looking at a variety of car's to replace the GT.

Main one being an older MK5 Fiesta Zetec S :). Cheap to buy, free's up some money for my mam! And would be happy with it. However the novelty NEVER wears off having a new car.

It is a pussy magnet. Then they see me and things go downhill.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
If the video was focused on the speedo it would really give a better idea what the time is like :S