ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chances of getting insured on a sport at 19?

SQ5
Well they insure kit cars without it so I imagine our thinking of another company but I've never heard of that, EVER

Well they insure kit cars without it so I imagine our thinking of another company but I've never heard of that, EVER

yep now iv sat and thought about it.. but i know there was 1 who people mention on here who states excludin 172cup along with a few other cars.. will give sky a shout 2moz

yep its green light... direct from their site Excluded vehicles
  • BMW E36 models - (E30/E46 derivatives are still acceptable)
  • Citroen Saxo models
  • Ford Sierra RS500 model
  • Honda S2000, Integra DC2 & DC5 imports (UK DC2's are acceptable)
  • Lotus Elise/Exige
  • Nissan 200SX/Silvia models (All)
  • Porsche (except Boxster)
  • Renault Clio 172 “Cup” (non-ABS) model - (All other 172 derivatives are acceptable)
  • Skoda Fabia/Octavia models
  • TVR (all models)
  • Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
  • LHD vehicles (except Golf Rallye and Lancia Delta)
  • Vehicles not listed by The Association Of British Insurers (ABI)

Clio
Never heard that before^^^
and it turns out 182's are cheaper than 172's, got quote for my gf, 21yo, 1year ncb £836 on a 172 fc, £770 on a 182

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Brentacre isn't free mods, they give you a bhp figure and it's go mad until you reach that.

They gave me a figure of 200hp, so I said great, that means I could fit bodies, he said no. To cut the story short, he told me it's the cars book power plus anything gained by mods, and they would class ITB's as 180 + 30 = 210, more money please. I even said what if I get a RR graph, he still said no :(

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I said something similar, they said I could have 180 bhp, so I said awesome I can fit cams, they said I couldn't :(

Evo 5 RS
thats not ridiculous, that's just insurance. I'm currently insured full comp at 25 with 2 years NCB and full mods declared at £950 with Flux

GL.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I found my 182 to be ridiculously cheap to insure at 21 with 0NCB....at 20 it was £4,000 to insure it, now it's £2,000 cheaper to insure than my old Integra was.

PB Clio 172
thats not ridiculous, that's just insurance. I'm currently insured full comp at 25 with 2 years NCB and full mods declared at £950 with Flux

GL.

yours seems quite high, mine is £750 with mods and Flux. Guess its the postcode. I am 28 and have 4 YNC. Do you think my insurance will go up next year due to 19/20 year olds crashing them?

SQ5
182 northeast. 19 3 years no claims £900 fc with admiral :)

Your clearly fronting or they fucked up there quote.

My missus, 18 nearly 19, 18 months licence, 1 NCB and £300. If anyone can beat that I'll be impressed ;)

SQ5
Yup I know! Idiot Indian put it as a 1.2 even after giving them the reg, she then questioned it several times asking is that definitely for a 2.0 to which he replied yes. She then called up next day to confirm to which they laughed at her. They then listened to the phone call said that she did question it so they granted it for her to change from her Mini to that for no charge.

I'm sure they didn't need to grant it but saved £1000 in insurance for one year!

Clio 182
Im 23 with 5 years NCB and my 182 was £620 for the year with Bell. I remember at 18 however when I had my first 182 with 1 years NCB it was £3800 with Admiral.

MR2 Mk1.5
dont get why a postcode would mean your age has to be more.. just aswel wasnt mold north east post code as thats a shocking rating lol

We're a small niche market insurer and we protect our interests by having extra criteria for the postcodes we deem high risk.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
yep its green light... direct from their site Excluded vehicles
  • BMW E36 models - (E30/E46 derivatives are still acceptable)
  • Citroen Saxo models
  • Ford Sierra RS500 model
  • Honda S2000, Integra DC2 & DC5 imports (UK DC2's are acceptable)
  • Lotus Elise/Exige
  • Nissan 200SX/Silvia models (All)
  • Porsche (except Boxster)
  • Renault Clio 172 “Cup” (non-ABS) model - (All other 172 derivatives are acceptable)
  • Skoda Fabia/Octavia models
  • TVR (all models)
  • Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
  • LHD vehicles (except Golf Rallye and Lancia Delta)
  • Vehicles not listed by The Association Of British Insurers (ABI)

Flol...

Brush
Same
Tar
With

Must admit, I'm a little puzzled at the Fabia/Octavia exception? Any ideas why anyone?

D.