ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chances of getting insured on a sport at 19?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I got my 182 @ 19 and paid £1600 FC in a Baghdad postcode.

In heinsight i'd have waiting but I really wanted one.

BMW 330ci

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I got my first 182 at 19 just over 2 years ago, was £1300 tpft but I only had 1 years bonus. Thats in a medium to low risk postcode area.

Glad I did, as I liked owning it. It wasn't a lot more than other cars either, I think the renewal on my C2 was going to be about £800 tpft.

BMW 330ci
I just dunno what Im doing wrong. I will have 2 years NCB, I'm a leisure attendant, postcode is a D rating ( think thats whats spoiling it tbh) it was on a 172 also. I'm trying the comparison websites, I know there no good but just getting a rough idea and cant get it poast 3K. :(

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Adrian Flux. Not that it matters now due to the massive shift in insurance premiums between 2011-12.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
ive just been playing around with quotes... i changed my job title from draughtsman to graphic designer and it dropped £300! i didnt think draughtsman was a high risk job lol. wtf

can anyone shed some light on this?

Meg 300Cup
Im 18, 1Yr NCB and got quoted ~£2200 for the 182ff and the 197, ~£2500 for the 172Cup and ~£3100 for the Trophy :(
Elephant has been the cheapest for me no matter what the car, and Flux wont insure me until im 19, but then it gets to more sensible prices :p

Im only Paying 890 Fully Comp for my 1.Poo

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
That's a really good quote then.

I tried Elephant just then and they came back with £4000 :(

Edit. I'm in a code B area

BMW 330ci
The cheapest Ive found so far, is using a comparison website, and it come back at £2700. Not bad for a comparison website, but now it gives me some hope. So I'm going to use the same information, except ring companies, and hopefully it should go down...hopefully.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Unless you wipe your ass with 20 pound notes I wouldn't pay over 2k for insurance! If you wait for a bit then it will drop and you will be able to get a much nicer car rather than spending more on insuring it than it cost to buy! Only my 2 pence worth though, your decision!

BMW 330ci
Na I ain't going to mate its slowly coming down and ATM I'm only using comparison websites. Its come down to £2300. So its getting there. Going to do some ringing around, see if it will come down more. Really want to pay at the most £1700 as thats what it is on my 1.2.

I just really want a clio sport mate, the only car I am really interested in, whenever I see one I get excited haha (sad I know...but thats how I get) whereas any other car I just think hmmm so lol. But to be able to own one, and know it was all mine, and I could look out the window and see it and get in it and drive it whenever I want to, would just be so good.

Sorry for sounding like a right saddo but thats me lol :eek:

Thanks for your advice though mate, defo not going over 2K

BMW 330ci
Got the cheapest quote think I'm going to find tbf. Adrian Flux gave me a quote of £1800, on an RB 182 non cupped. But also rung Brentacre and they said they would beat it if I could get all the details of their quote to them. Going to try Greenlight, still need to try admiral/ elephant and bell.

But wont be getting the car till March, just wanted to make sure I could get insured on one before buying it. And good news is I can, and for not that much more than my 1.2, because Im currently paying £1700 :|

192'd BG 182 FF
I was in the same position as you intil the last few days. I'm 18 with 1 year NCB and ive had a fast track policy for ten months on a BG182 FF which gets me a full years no claims at the end of the ten months :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've found if the cars worth more than 3k, park on the street and do less than 5k a year it brings down the insurance...

Also see what else you can say as your job title... There's a £180 difference between the job I've said and the job I'm changing it too lol... They don't have my job title on the database so I said I'm a draughtsman... If I say I'm a graphic designer it's cheaper.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Do you need to drive to work? I can cycle and that means I can tick social and pleasure use only and not used at peak times. Knocks 100quid off my insurance even on my 106 diesel and I'm 30 with 7 years no claims and a clean licence, living in an insurance friendly area. Are any of those black box or curfew polices any use or are they just for 17 year olds. if you do get insured go careful and don't add to the negative statistic. If you share with a mate you can track days for as cheap as 60 quid each rather than risk it on the road.

RS6 C7
I was quotes £1800 on a 182 fully comp, I have 0 no claims as i went without a car for a while and just used the works van.

My Audi came out at just under 2k fully comp with 10k miles a year. :)

just had my renewal through with admiral will be 23 2yr ncb and 1 crash declared on a 172cup 1300 quick call later 1082.51.. churchhill has been the best up 2 now 1020.73

SQ5
just had my renewal through with admiral will be 23 2yr ncb and 1 crash declared on a 172cup 1300 quick call later 1082.51.. churchhill has been the best up 2 now 1020.73

You've not tried Sky then have you? As mine with nine points is less than that and everything else is similiar

Clio
I did a quote for my gf last night on an 03 172, she's 21, has 1year ncb, and got a quote of £800 fully comp from admiral

BMW 330ci
I cant get no whree near these quotes so I've kind of given up. My insurance renewal was apparently £2200, then after new quotes was still £1700 :(