ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carbon stuff for 1*2 coming soon

bic

Land Rover Discovery
The number plates are complete peices of carbon with vinyl applied to give carbon number plate marks,not just a surround Tigger.

Ash87 - Shame you missed us, anything in particular you are interested in ?

thanks

Bic

Focus RS Mk1
i have the carbon plates on my car, see my project thread for close up pics :)

Bic - these 'people' that were disappointed with the stand clearly dont know what it takes to get this kind of thing sorted in such a small space of time...

as you say the only thing missing was a price list and website...maybe some flyers with this info on...but that couldnt be helped...

as for the qaulity of the parts...very impresed. i had high expectations on the finish...but was very suprised that they were spot on. i will defo be placing an order for the fog light surrounds/mirror covers and maybe spolier in the future...

just need to bring myself to spend over £400! again!

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I appreciate the time and work involved... and never made a bad comment. But all I saw when I went, was a carbon inlet cover!! That was all!!

Focus RS Mk1
I appreciate the time and work involved... and never made a bad comment. But all I saw when I went, was a carbon inlet cover!! That was all!!

you must have not looked very far...

the inlet cover was resting on a clio 1*2 bonnet...that car has the splitter/spolier/fog light surrounds & mirrors fitted.

then behind that was a load of other parts available for other cars 106/saxo etc! and some more clio bits n bobs, plus bics engine and the wizard wiring looms display which was much more impressive that it looked!

must admit though it was sheltered by the megs stand, kinda blocked the view into the garage...but i found it without looking too hard!

Expert HDI & R53
:D :D :D

101_1188.gif

ballistic jap missile!!!
The prices given look a bit expensive to me! I recently had a quote from creative carbon to replicate me a megane splitter in carbon fibre, the thicker one, which is much bigger than the cup spoiler. The price i was given was 60 plus delivery, the work is second to none i have seen lots of ford's with his carbon stuff on and its the best i've seen. Www.creativecarbon.com i think is the website. Might be worth checking it out. I'm sure he will make whatever parts you want if you supply the originals for the first set. Group buys on splitter's and popular parts would i'm sure be a fraction of the prices banded about on here.

Da

Less
Bic - these 'people' that were disappointed with the stand clearly dont know what it takes to get this kind of thing sorted in such a small space of time...

That's a sweeping statement.
I am fully aware of the timescales involved and fully appreciate the work that goes into something of this scale. My 'disappointment' was at not been able to come away with either - parts - or a brochure detailing the parts and prices etc, even if they were projected prices.

As this thread began way back in February and a few of the parts were available to inspect I would have hoped that given the interest in here that a few of each product would have been available to buy on the launch at FCS.

I am not taking anything away from the product in the slightest, I just feel a launch without any products to actually take away is more a 'drumming up business' exercise.

Bic - The fog light covers look spot on fella and had they been available to buy I would have walked away with them there and then. I'm sure if not certain that the interest in this thread warranted running off a few sets to meet the demand on the day.
As for the clip on/clip off issue, I believe that they would simply appeal to a wider audience that is all, again not taking anything away from the product just my opinion.

LY R26
Ash87 - Shame you missed us, anything in particular you are interested in ?

thanks

Bic

Just wanted a look at the quality first, possibly interested in wing mirror covers and the rear bumper insert if your doing them?

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Tigger - they are legal size (if that is what the custimer orders) and sold as show plates like the rest, down to the descretion of the owner as to how they choose to use them, i have not had any problems, no more legal or illegal than other plates of this kind, they still offer good visabilty of the reg mark and at night aswell as day.

Sean - Thanks for the comments, look forward to future order from you, spoiler will look even better when lacquered :) We are going to be at trax this year also so hope to see you there, as a local show for the both of us.

Justin 172 - the splitter is 2 piece (with proper joggle pattern) so that it fits inside our own autoclave and does not require the hire of 3rd party clave, which would increase price and availability.

Laura - I have posted prices on previous page in case you missed it.

Ben Ward - we are intending on producing the dash inserts for the 172 cup, are these different to other clios ? and possibly the inserts on steering wheel, along with 2.0 16v bades on sides of doors, gearstick insert i guess you mean the part with numbers on ?

Da - I also wish we could have made enough stock to sell on the day, time is the killer and we were only fitting the products to the clio on the Saturday before the show, and the spoiler was being flatted and polished on the car at 2am the night before the show, lol, talk about no time left lol, you can of course order all the products now and they will be with you by the end of the week, surely that is quick enough turnaround for peeps ?

Ash87 - yes wing mirror covers are £60 and the rear bumper insert we will be working on shortly as it again is a much sort after item it seems.

thanks

Bic

ITB BG 182
Right to help bic out abit here after my talk with him at FCS, even tho you look abit scary.
I took some pics of bits an bobs.
Plus i like the idea with the splitter also...

FogLight Surrounds.

P1020368.gif

P1020371.gif

Then a close-up of the Reg Plate.

P1020369.gif

Splitter..

P1020372.gif

And Now the Wing Mirror's

P1020375.gif

P1020374.gif

I think they all look brilliant and i will be having some of the foglight surrounds and poss splitter soon.
If you did the dash inserts and steering wheel thing aswell i would have them also.

All looks top quality and friendly enough staff.

Surely the splitter being in 2 bits isn't a bad thing? Say you ripped one side off couldn't you just get a replacement for that side, thus reducing prices on a new splitter? Question for bic me thinks.

is dirty.
Surely the splitter being in 2 bits isn't a bad thing? Say you ripped one side off couldn't you just get a replacement for that side, thus reducing prices on a new splitter? Question for bic me thinks.
Yeah, that is one of the main advantages I am guessing. They still sit pretty nicely, and with the amount of splitters broken each year I'm sure that Bic and his collegues have seen a gap in the market. I for one will be buying one of the splitters, then when I catch it on a kerb, rip one side off, order the new side in, and all sorted for a lot less than buying another whole complete splitter.
Oh and I have just put my order in for some wing mirrors!!!

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Yes an indirect benefit of the 2 pice is for damaged splitters, you can also post back any damaged ones that might be salvagable and we can assess the damage.

Thanks for your order Rick

Cheers

Bic

Clio 182 Cup
Sounds stupid but what about the actual brackets for the mirrors rather than the covers... would look better for the racing blue boys like me I think?

Id get rid of every external piece of black plastic with carbon if I could haha!

Order on the way soon for foggy inserts... awaiting rear insert pics eagerly :evil:

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Laura

Splitter - £110
Fog Light Surrounds - £50
Mirror Covers - £60
Engine Cover - £220
Cup Tailgate Spoiler - £300

Cal - Possibly, will strip mirror base down and see, we do them for 106/saxo with manual mirrors

Chris clio mk1 - shame you missed us, we had mk1 16 valve rear spoiler on display too :)

thanks

Bic

Golf GT & A4 Avant
really liking the foglight surrounds. How do people go about making an order and paying for it?

P6050655.gif

if you can see well enough in the photo, I've got a sub box bass port acting as a cold air feed in the foglight surround. Is it possible to produce anything like this?

alien green rs133
ohhhh this all looks top notch stuff, expect an order from me in the future when i have ££ to spend on pretty things instead of fuel, ever thought of doing door handles would it be possible of is that tooo technical???

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Yellow Dave - SWe do currently have 70mm universal trumpet/intake, what size is that inlet in your pic ? Email me at bicstonvillas@msn.com at present until website up and running regarding ordering.

Crazy Clio - Is this to fit models other than 17/82 i presume ? what is difference between the splitters/bumpers ?

Hutchie - I had a look at one yesterday, too complicated i think, we do covers for 106/saxo, but can actually replace the main handle assembly also, would need to disect the clio handle to see what was possible and if viable to invest and sell etc.

thanks

Bic

Focus RS Mk1
Bic - regards the mirrors, do the current painted parts of the mirror pull off and then the new ones need t be bonded on in place, its not a stick on top of part???

just clarify that for me, cheers

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Sean - They replace the original mirror covers :)

Ben Ward - We will be using the interior trim panels from my brothers cup that we had in the pit garage and our products will replace the originals, and yes all the bits you have listed we want to do.