ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cams, Cams, Cams

Clio Sport 172 ph1
Maybe thats why it made 218Nm. So You're saying I should go and demand doing it in 4th gear again ? Just to be accurate ?

ITB'd MK1
possibly yes. Depends how they apply losses too, if it's done with rundown in 5th that throws even more variables in. Anything but 4th is just incorrect

RS RIP
I was also very surprised thay used 5th on your car ..

check your RS tuner results for knock-sensor readings too like Danny said , have Henk tell you you are running safe !

2005 Nissan Navara
The graph shown looks more like interference with the rpm pick-up for the dyno itself... maybe?

Dyno's should use an overall drive ratio, i.e the ratio between the roller and the crankshaft, so as to determine a "correct" flywheel torque figure, from which a power figure is calculated.
This means in theory it doesnt matter what gear you are in, as the ratio in the gearbox is "accounted for".
In practice the level of losses does differ with the gear, so depending on the system and the maths applied by that manufacturer will depend on the final figures.

I think 4th is typically used as it allows a better resolution on the sweep, the engine is more "controlable".

2005 Nissan Navara
As for the cams/op, as danny has said they are designated for mechanical followers.
Since managment isnt an issue they will run fine, and the forged pistons will allow greater valve/piston clearance also.

You can get away with running a "solids" grind on hyrdo's, as the opening ramp tends to be less harsh (as the lash needs to be taken up slower than with 0 lash hydros), but the limiting factor then is the rpm ability of the hydro's themselves, and with 288deg duration I think you may be pushing it.
Though ive never personally used these cams, I would expect peak power to be 7800/8000rpm? with itb's, high comp pistons im talking.

Suck it and see!!

2005 Nissan Navara
forgot to say, the followers can be modified to be solid, then use lash caps to adjust lash.
Springs are also required for the '551's.