ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nissan Platina/Renault Symbol or Clio Sedan

Renault Symbol
Got my Oil Cooler, Hose and Fittings Today:

DSC00480.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I love that you're buying all the right parts, but the car isn't working for me, as a whole yet.

It's a shame really, those wheels deserve to be tucked up in the arches more!

Renault Symbol
I love that you're buying all the right parts, but the car isn't working for me, as a whole yet.

It's a shame really, those wheels deserve to be tucked up in the arches more!

This is not a "regular sport car", the body doesn't help...It is a "sedan", four door car...It's not pretty, I know.....but that's the main reason I decide to give it a "hand" and make of it a nice car to drive, mainly for fun, not for track days, not for road race, just to have something different and get a lot of fun from the project, I'm an old retired guy and my sense of what is a "nice car" is different from You, Young guys :rasp:..this is not my daily drive car, It's my toy, aside from my motorcycles, and You know what?....I don't really care if the rest of the world says It's "not working"....this car gives me the chance to keep me busy and get fun.

Renault Symbol
Got today the right fittings for the oil cooler....It's frustrating that even a pair of fitting has to be imported from the US or UK :mad:

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

Changes to often
great little car, love how your making it your own, making it diffrent from the rest, great stuff

SG9 Forester STi
Can't wait to see how this looks when it's finished. I've always loved the idea of a modified version of these, just because it's different.

Renault Symbol
Personally i would have tried to 182 kit it out, F4R/ITB up front with bodykit fitted on a set of 182 wheels. ;)

I had that idea at the very begining, but in Mexico is hard to get a decent 182 engine, also very expensive...all this and the fact that I couldn't find a shop capable of doing the job(I don't have the time to do it my self) made me move into this direction, another idea was to turbocharge the K4M engine, but again, no too much people in Mexico willing to do it....once I finish this engine, I may change the front end for a 172 PH1(love it)

Renault Symbol
Hi Oliver!....no, no news yet...It was a wekend with my wife and son...no time to "play" with the toy....It may take several weeks before I can put my hands on it...got me a NEW TOY to drive and I have been "busy" playing with it :rasp:

Renault Symbol
Love it!

Please put an F4R in there!

Thanks Jeff!...I wish I could, but I have spent large amounts of money on this K4M engine & parts....an F4R engine is not cheap + the expensive tuning parts + subframe, harneses,ECU, engine mounts,etc, etc, etc + importation fees....almost impossible :(