ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nissan Platina/Renault Symbol or Clio Sedan

Renault Symbol
Do You want to hear somethong stupid?...after several weeks waiting for my front brake hoses to arrive from Germany, finally they arrived today...then I discovered I SCREWED UP and ordered the wrong thread pitch...1.25 instead of 1.00 !!!!!!!

DSC00553.jpg

Renault Clio Symbol
Hi Mexican! i live in panama and i have a Platina too i need to know exactly how you change the shift knob, park brake handdle because is really hard to to that.

Renault Symbol
Hi Guys!...no to much done lately...I have been busy in other project with my Seat Leon FR Super Copa...geting the necessary parts to up-grade to 400H.P's...

I got today some wrenches to work with braided hoses and a "Pressure Test Kit" for the hoses, more hoses and fitting on It's way...

DSC00569_zps8829528c.jpg

Renault Symbol
Finally I got some time to follow up with my Big Brakes Installation:

DSC00625_zps14addb11.jpg

Removing the tires:

DSC00626_zps93022fe6.jpg

DSC00628_zpsfb9ded33.jpg

It is a littel bit dirty...You can see the stock size discs (Brembo):

DSC00627_zpsdacd3df7.jpg

I cleaned up a little to make this job easier:

DSC00629_zps1b06459d.jpg

DSC00630_zps723e1e46.jpg

Renault Symbol
More clean up:

DSC00631_zpsb18c40cb.jpg

Removed the disc:

DSC00632_zps34dc490c.jpg

DSC00633-1_zps7b138c07.jpg

Some minor issue with the "centering bolts" holes, they are smaller:

DSC00635-1_zps32beb984.jpg

DSC00636_zps1ebe3f1d.jpg

Easy fix:

DSC00637_zpsee1e0e2f.jpg

Renault Symbol
Big rotors installed:

DSC00638-1_zps318455b1.jpg

I was about to install the caliper brackt when I realize they don't fit, the I removed all the axle

DSC00639-1_zps371c0dc1.jpg

Big calipers and Ferodo brake pads:

DSC006432_zps50c2fbe1.jpg

Here You can see what the problem is:

DSC006412_zpsae929a3b.jpg

DSC00640_zps4a681961.jpg

I will fabricate a custom braket ASAP.

This is how It should look:

DSC006442_zps911df1b8.jpg

Clio Van 07
I would say, the car is looking interiorly brilliant !!!
But still, would prefer this much dedication to the Seat Leon (personal preference)...

I'm wondering is there any part (mechanically) still left from Renault, besides chassis and engine block ? Just kidding, without looking for a budget, you have done an excellent job upgrading the car.

C'est la vie.

Renault Symbol
Hello!

Thanks for the kind words.

Well, the Seat is another project in progress but won't have all the work done with the Nissan...It has now 3" Eurojet Downpipe, ARP Intercooler, FORGE Twintake CAI, FORGE Turbo pipes and valve, as it is now is doing 285 WHP / 325 Lbs./ft @ 4,000 r.p.ms (at 2,450 meters over sea level),with crappy 92 octane fuel (what we have), I have done 265 kms./Hr. on the higway in a heartbeat...to much for an old guy like me :p...I will upgrade soon to a F23T hybrid turbo, bigger injectors and higher pressure fuel pump to get 325-350WHP....I won't go further with this car because I would need forged internals and ALL the associated parts and labor, You are talking $15,000.00 Usd. or more!!, lots of time and money...the Seat is my daily driven car...don't need more than I have...the Nissan is my toy so is a different story.

Renault Symbol
This is what I have to solve:

DSC006452_zps5bb52009.jpg

DSC006462_zps0c7cad73.jpg

I will fabricate custom brackets to sort the issue, will "cut and weld" the brackets I have to do a "dummy" bracket, once it is finished and measurements tested I can sned it to the machine shop to do the real ones....more time, more money!!

Renault Symbol
New Center rings, this time without the internal radius:
DSC00731_zps2984db36.jpg

Had to "turn down" 3 m.m. from the front face on both center hubs:

DSC00730_zpsadf4684f.jpg

These are bushings for the front hoses:

DSC00732_zpsb2503129.jpg

Nice project, we have the Symbol around here too, it's funny to see everyone so shocked about it, specially as a Nissan. How 'bout those brakes, as far as i know, it;s tricky to play with brake dimensions, the car's braes are made for the weight, size, etc, and bigger disks will just make you block'em faster, the body will just go over the brakes. Just saying for what i've read and heard, you tell us how does it feel, with sudden stops and regular ones, i guess you have ABS (mine doesn't on this version). Saludos.

Renault Symbol
Nice project, we have the Symbol around here too, it's funny to see everyone so shocked about it, specially as a Nissan. How 'bout those brakes, as far as i know, it;s tricky to play with brake dimensions, the car's braes are made for the weight, size, etc, and bigger disks will just make you block'em faster, the body will just go over the brakes. Just saying for what i've read and heard, you tell us how does it feel, with sudden stops and regular ones, i guess you have ABS (mine doesn't on this version). Saludos.

Hello Pixel Diablo!
I see You are from Medellin...I love Colombia, specially Medellin....In fact I will be at EL Poblado next week....usually I stay at Diez Hotel, near Parque Lleras.
My car do not have ABS...at this point the brakes feels very nice, I don't drive this car a lot so It's going to take time until I can drive It on highways, high speed and test those monsters...will post the results here, for now I will try to find time and work on the engine so I can complete this project. Saludos :)

Hello Pixel Diablo!
I see You are from Medellin...I love Colombia, specially Medellin....In fact I will be at EL Poblado next week....usually I stay at Diez Hotel, near Parque Lleras.
My car do not have ABS...at this point the brakes feels very nice, I don't drive this car a lot so It's going to take time until I can drive It on highways, high speed and test those monsters...will post the results here, for now I will try to find time and work on the engine so I can complete this project. Saludos :)

wow, what a coincidence... feel free to contact me, we have a local club and gatter every other week, not much work done on the cars but fair enough. Maybe a little talk about your mods and stuff, i wish you were from UK to bring some cheap Clio goodies ^^. Escribeme a sebas012345678@gmail.com por si acaso.

Renault Symbol
wow, what a coincidence... feel free to contact me, we have a local club and gatter every other week, not much work done on the cars but fair enough. Maybe a little talk about your mods and stuff, i wish you were from UK to bring some cheap Clio goodies ^^. Escribeme a sebas012345678@gmail.com por si acaso.

Hola Pixeldiablo....I travel to Medellin 4-6 times a year.....but usually very busy on meetings with customers...only have some free time by nights, but thanks!!...would be great if we can meet some time and talk about cars, will be my pleasure!

Mexico is a no-no to get parts for Renault, forget about "tuning parts"...I'm sure there are more parts at Colombia because You have plenty of those cars..and the SOFASA/Renault plant is at Envigado...I work with the Sofasa guys from time to time and have got some nice parts they still have as "crap" inside their warehouses...

All the parts You can see on my car are from U.K and some others from U.S.A and a couple from Germany...a pain in the butt to get them and import them into Mexico....I recomend to looka t e-bay UK and of cours KTR my fav store!!

Saludos