ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Came home to this :(

top of the pyramid
Shame it was a minter, at least no one was in it/got hurt. At the end of the day its metal, you'll get it sorted

Tangoed Works
unlucky dude. I would get a recovery truck to dump it on the doorstep of the dealer you picked it up from.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Dude can't believe that. Ya just put those wheels on aswell, looked really smart. I only saw ya last week aswell.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Such a shitter mate car looked fab.

I would hop0e it was an electrical fault, you don't want to think the next time you get a car someone is going to torch that aswell.

Speak to your insurance and get advice, that's what you pay for. Just mention you think it's more an electrical fault from the car rather than vandalism and will be looking for Renault to fix this mess.

Clio MK 4
Gutted for you dude. One of the nicest twingos i've seen!!

Happened to my brother. We park our cars down this street and got a call from police at our door at 2am saying my bros car on fire. Was a right mess. We found it was vandalised as there was fluid on the front and back where the wipers are. We think we know who it was as well as do the police but got no real evidence so had to go through insurance. We got told we were lucky it didnt get to the petrol tank as it would have exploded and my car was next to it!!

hopefully for you it electrical so your insurance dont have to be touched as renault will pay up i'm sure. I felt sick for my brother seeing it so can't imagine how u'd be feeling

DB.

BMW 440i
Only just seen this, that is shocking!

Agree with one of the first comments about the steering wheel melt aswell, looks similar to some of the 182 wheels i have seen!

Loved this car aswell!

Family Bus
That was a stunning car!

Must be so upsetting for that to happen. I hope you manage to get it all sorted easily enough.

Twingo RS Cup
FINALLY a update. Iv just got of the phone to the company doing the engineers report for the insurance and they have said it was a electrical fault.
Ive been on the phone to RUK and they are now wanting to look at the vehicle also the see if they agree or not, i also asked about a replacement/new vehicle and he said i could have another 08/58 vehicle obviously not a brand new one as i have had use out of the damaged one. Currently dont know what to do, get a replacement or take my settlement figure, pay the car off and get a cooper s

DB.

BMW 440i
How good was the settlement figure in comparison to the resale figure of the 08/58 plate car they would give you?

Even if theres only a couple hundred in it, money is money!

Twingo RS Cup
I cant rememember the exact price, the settlement figure was abit more than what i owe, also i do have GAP which il be calling tomorrow. Always wanted a cooper S when i had the Twingo although the commoness of the S puts me off.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
For the sake of a claim I'd let Renault give me a "new" one. Then I'd sell that - if you want something else. Having a claim against you for three years would be a bit s**t.

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
For the sake of a claim I'd let Renault give me a "new" one. Then I'd sell that - if you want something else. Having a claim against you for three years would be a bit s**t.

+1

I wouldn't want a claim against, and why should you its Reanult fault. Thats what a warranty is for I'd be wanting a car the exact same if not better. I'd be pushing for brand new, or at least look to pay a little extra to get a brand spanker.

Twingo RS Cup
Yeah iv thought about it, and i wouldnt/dont want a car someone else has had tbh since mine was brand new :( iv got the weekend to decide i guess

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Renault won't want anyone knowing that their brand new Twingo's could errupt into fire at any moment. If you bought it brand new I'd be saying I want another f**king new one. Not going to take someone elses! Lets face it, the Twingo RS will be pushed slightly... Not sure if I want someone elses sub 2 year cast off. I'd say brand new one. Must be room for negotiation!

Twingo RS Cup
Well before RUK new for sure it was a electrical fault he wanted proof and i told him id been without a car for 5 weeks and was still paying for it and he was saying it was disgraceful etc and its partly my insurances fault but also RUKs/the cars as it shouldnt of happened. He said he will send someone to look at it first to see if they agree, i might push for a new/nearly new one. Dont see why i should settle for a second hand cast off when in no way was it my fault?we shall see. We even disscused this hasnt happened before etc...so it must be the first, and it was one of the first cars. Asked if i had bluetooth, subs etc in i told him no and told him about the alloys and said they wouldnt cause a fire and he said of course, no probs about them