ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Came home to this :(

Twingo RS Cup
Mam rang me this morning "its important, your cars been on fire" was at my mates had to rush home to this, feel physically sick. Everythings f*cked apart from the 2 back wheels
:'(
30216_10150195599745080_839250079_1.jpg

30216_10150195599490080_839250079_1.jpg

30216_10150195599940080_839250079_1.jpg

30216_10150195600130080_839250079_1.jpg

2exx2k3.jpg

:(

Last edited:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Jesus how did it happen? Such a shame that was a lovely little twingo :(

Twingo RS Cup
Not sure mate, the police are phoning back later but i think its a electrical fault. Feel physically sick i cant look at it anymore neighbours etc keep coming and talking to me, cars just a wreck at the end of the street

Ahh man! f**k sakes. Awesome little car, too.

First dibs on "that'll T-cut out" BTW.

EDIT: BTW I know now is not the place for jokes, but that steering wheel looks similar to the one in my 182 when I sold it ;)

Insurance will cover it. Is it less than a year old?

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Mate Im gutted for you, I know how I'd feel if I saw either of our clio's like that.

I only hope u can get everything sorted out quickly. Where do u stand if it's electrical? Is it a warranty claim?

Twingo RS Cup
Im not sure, im ringing the insurance in a sec. I thought my mam was joking, cant beleive it when i go along the street and its just there like that. I dont think it was vandalism but who knows , waiting for police and fire brigade to get back intouch

oh dear, looks bad. electrical fault and the car wasn't even on?

Cars are always 'on' unless the battery is disconnected. TBH if it was me, I'd rather the verdict (if there can be one?) is that it wasn't torched. I'd eat my own head knowing it wasn't an accident.

Hope you get it sorted out. That was an epic Twingo. Love the rims!

Twingo RS Cup
I loved them too, ruined now. Yeah i know, id kill someone if i knew it was done on purpose tbh, boils my piss. Just spoke to my dad who spoke to the fire brigade and they said looks like its from the o/s/f which is where the battery is/was

ITB BG 182
Ah man thats just gutting, if its an actual car fault and you have not changed it from the orignal battery then you should be able to claim from Renault direct. I dont think you will have to claim through the insurance.
I know your properly pissed off but least if you take it up with renault you should be able to claim from renault and get a new car, i dont see why you should claim through your insurance when its not your fault.

120d M-Sport
Jesus! What a shitter :dapprove:

Really nice car aswel! With some luck it will replaced with a brand new one though if it was a electrical fault :)

S23

The Cleee-O
Jesus christ, really sorry to see this dude, loved that little Twingo :(. Hopefully everything gets sorted out quickly for you to get a replacement ASAP. As said before though, at least you weren't in it. :)

Barge
f**k about! I immediately thought torched when I saw it, didn't even cross my mind it could've been electrical. How old was it, dude?

Such a nice car, what a shame. Hope eveything sorts out as easy as possible for you.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Would 110% be knocking down Renaults door on Monday if it comes back as an electrical fault!!

Gutted for you mate...:dapprove:

I would imagine the only way Renault are likely to get involved is if the insurance company wanted to recover their costs. I have no idea how these things work, but I'd be stunned if you could get Renault to just replace the car.

Barge
On a 58 plate I'd be hammering down their door. A year and a half old and it's burnt out? I'd definitely be ringing them, don't bother today - no Customer Service managers work on Saturday at RUK. The fire brigade should be able to confirm electrical or arson by then. Don't let the insurance company take it yet either!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Holy f**k! That looked so good before the fire.

If it is electrical, then I'd hope Renault would sort, not sure where you stand though. Hope it's sorted with minimum hassle.

Get on the phone to Renault if it is confirmed to be an electrical fault with the car. I would like to say they will look after you in a situation like this.

Poss worth posting this in the Renaultsport forum, they seem to pick up on comments etc in there. Mate of mine had a warranty issue solved in a matter of hours after a post on there.

Twingo RS Cup
Yeah I'm on renaultsport mate going to post it on there soon, car was meant to go in fora service today, just rang Renault and told them I couldn't make it any why.. Sounded shocked

Nothing at the mo :(
Yeah I'm on renaultsport mate going to post it on there soon, car was meant to go in fora service today, just rang Renault and told them I couldn't make it any why.. Sounded shocked

Why you even going through your insuruance? If its electrical then renault will pay

you need to tell your insurance within a specific time frame, perhaps just tell them that you want to see what Renault say first and you'll get back to them with an update. Saying nothing and ringing them in a week after Renault have told you to do one won't work, as they need to have the accident reported within 24hrs iirc.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
crumbs! gutted for you matey, pedals have come up a treat though :eek:

Ad

MK2 FRS
you need to tell your insurance within a specific time frame, perhaps just tell them that you want to see what Renault say first and you'll get back to them with an update. Saying nothing and ringing them in a week after Renault have told you to do one won't work, as they need to have the accident reported within 24hrs iirc.

It's not usually anywhere near as tight as that. With Directline they allowed 90days to report an incident when I checked - although was some time ago!

Shame mate, hope you get a new one sorted out quickly!

Clio 182 arctic
i would be knocking on paddys caravan door behind. im sure he knows whats happened. ;)
anyway, hope its sorted dude.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
:( I think I would cry to come home to that, Fingers crossed you can get something arranged to get it replaced. Seen this happen to my neighbours Focus, not a pretty sight at all :(