ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Came home to this :(

Was a 197
Deffo get this posted on RS forums. To prove it was electrical fault, you'll need to get sumthing in writing from the police/fire brigade though.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm sure there was something similar on here a few years ago, flame red (I did lol) 172 and there was a fault with a xenon, ended up the same way.

Can't even imagine how I would feel seeing my car like that mate...

Felt a bit queasy just looking at it and reading your post, keep us informed how things go.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Wow. I was expecting - at worst - a serious keying when I read the title. That is a shitter.

Mini Cooper S
That's terrible :(

At least it was an electrical fault and not arsen! Hope it all gets sorted easily.

172 cup
one of my work mates had a similar experience, but with a landrover. woke up in the night with a bright light outside and realised it was on fire. firemen confirmed it was stared from within the car from an electrical fault, he got a brand new landrover from the dealers as it was still within 3 years old, even got a few upgrades so definitely worth speaking to renault

RB One Eight Two
F*ck! such a shame, hope it gets sorted for you ASAP mate. That was such a lovely Twingo aswell :(

Mondeo TDCI 130
DEFO worth a call to renault!! Customer services will help you out if they can!

I know the insurance will sort it but that aint the point if it is a car fault and not vandalism.

Just remember it could have been much worse, it's only metal at the end of the day.

Titanium Clio 182
Call Renault Customer Services first thing Monday 0800 072 3372.
They take thermal incidents quite seriously. May well send a tech out to inspect, and liaise with your insurer.
Hope it all gets sorted for you.

Skoda Fabia vRS
never seen your car before but from the pics it looks like its had a few mods, did you have any none OE audio rigged up ?

hopefully if it was a fault with the car rather than vandalism/poor audio fitting then Renault will see you right

all mods declared i hope too, what insurance company are you with ?

n/a
a car can be replaced or fixed easily but not a life- least it was only the car and not a life hey mate? but thats a horrible thing to see your pride and joy like that.

M135i
Aww mate, as an ex-twingo owner (in mirage grey too), I felt a bit sick seeing your car like that.

I do kinda hope it was an electrical fault, would be easier to accept rather than arson.

Twingo RS Cup
Thanks for the concern and advice lads, means alot.
Car had no audio etc in that was aftermarket everything in the bay was standard and hadnt been touched.
Brun- Used to look like this :( had just left a deposit on some 2110s too last week :(
DSCF0156.jpg

Turbos.
s**t! Not good! Unlucky mate, hope it gets sorted smoothly.

Kind of know how you feel as my car was on fire too today, but not as bad!

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
f**k me mate, i'm so gutted for you! at least you weren't in it... or worse, it could've been parked in your garage!