ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot leak/water in wheel well

Renault Clio 1.2
So I was cleaning out the car the other day and noticed that the boot carpet was soaked, so I took this out to find that the wheel well had got water in it :banghead: So took out spare wheel etc and emptied it. My question is where could it be coming from, I've checked the black grommets by the lights and they seem fine? Anyone know where else I should check. Here's some pictures

image_zps191a2339.jpg

image_zpsb27ef97d.jpg

Thanks
Twixxy_1989

Possibly the foam around the rear light clusters that seal the lights to the car body, if the wires get caught in the way of the foam water leaks in, seeing as its quite a bit I would think its something like the boot seal, or possibly a break in the rear windscreen washer pipe? all things to check.

172 RaceCar, VW-T5
Does your rear windscreen washer work?

My wheel well looked like that when the hose disconnected itself in the boot area.

Seal up the black grommets, that's one thing less to blame, I did mine and haven't had any problems since.

Also, aren't there drainage plugs in the wheel well?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
There aren't drainage plug neh. Not one that's easy to remove. I had this problem in the "farm dci" and just concluded the boot hadn't been shut properly at one point or another and with the crap weather it had made a pond.

Clio 1.2
Hi there, when I bought my clio it had a pond in the well, a good 2" of water, for mine it was the boot lock hinge wasn't straight, so the boot hadn't been locking and shutting correctly

I realigned the lock and drilled an 6mm hole to the let the water out, been fine since 2 weeks ago now