ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Clio Mk 2 1.2 16v

BMW 330ci
Have been on this site a while and seen people do progress threads and wanted to do one but never really got round to doing it, so thought i would have a go :D

This is how I first bought the car, completely standard apart from the tints.
5401914208_b53893f4d1.jpg

Photo0195 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

5401312297_f233bc282f.jpg

Photo0196 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

next thing i done was add a sony headunit and edge sub.
5401309149_4376052631.jpg

IMG_0257 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

5401307421_3c31b72212.jpg

IMG_0256 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

then i bought some 182 wheels, as i was bored with the standard wheels. £130 with tyres which i thought was a good deal.
5401890758_e64dc532d6.jpg

!B77pLggBWk~$(KGrHqJ,!hwEzL)lKd7hBM1sEIkiZQ~~_12 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

half way through fitting, oh and i painted calipers yellow, and spray bullets silver
5401294707_435293808e.jpg

IMG_0011 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

all fitted
5401892698_fd72f0fa4a.jpg

IMG_0012 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

5401896392_ffd06695a4.jpg

IMG_0013 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

bought a RS grill off ebay and fitted it
5401301735_6b05066254.jpg

IMG_0193 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

had a go at colour coding, think it looks quite good tbh for my first attempt. Also this is how it stands now.
5402041952_d048de4d15.jpg

IMG_0259 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

5401905408_8daa51149b.jpg

IMG_0251 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

Thanks for reading, comments welcome :D

Nice :) 182 alloys pull it off, i assume its not lowered? Same green interior as mine ;) what 'edition' does it make it?

BMW 330ci
I like the 182 wheels in silver. Looks good mate :)
Any future plans?
Cheers mate, i think they look better than standards and make the car look a lot better.
And not a clue what to do really lol, any ideas ?

Nice :) 182 alloys pull it off, i assume its not lowered? Same green interior as mine ;) what 'edition' does it make it?
nope not lowered, was thinking of some springs, but not a clue what to get or how to get them fitted nor how much it would cost. And its a billabong edition.

Also i like the tints, i dont know why everyone hates them so much.
TBH i like the tints, been on the car since i had it. Looks really good when its cleaned and waxed and suns out lol

Looking for 182
Looks very nice. I had similar tints on mine until recently, I think it looks much better without now that I've had them removed.

What are your plans for it now?

BMW 330ci
Looks very nice. I had similar tints on mine until recently, I think it looks much better without now that I've had them removed.

What are your plans for it now?

i think they look good, have you got a picture of yours ?
and i dont know, thats why i put a progress thread up to get some ideas

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
had a go at colour coding, think it looks quite good tbh for my first attempt. Also this is how it stands now.

how easy was it to get all of the strips and door handles off and painted(what painting method did you use), i am thinking of doing mine over easter when i come home from uni but i just have to work out the best way to do it. also i like the car and the only possible things you could do is fit some bosch aerotwin wiper blades and maybe paint the diamonds and of course lowering but once lowered i think it will look very nice.

BMW 330ci
how easy was it to get all of the strips and door handles off and painted(what painting method did you use), i am thinking of doing mine over easter when i come home from uni but i just have to work out the best way to do it. also i like the car and the only possible things you could do is fit some bosch aerotwin wiper blades and maybe paint the diamonds and of course lowering but once lowered i think it will look very nice.

erm well the strips if you slide them forwards with a bit of force they just slide out. And I never done the door handles, because 1 not a clue how to get them off lol, and 2 i always put hands on them like so i dont want the paint to flake off :s but i might end up doing them when its sunny lol. But you could just tape around the handles. And its easy i never done it before and thought f**k it have a bash lol. just rub with wet and dry, primer, wet and dry, black paint, rub with wet and dry, laquer, rub with wet and dry ( lightly) then poilish up with wax. i would recomend a couple of coats with primer, paint and laquer. Just take you time really.

and i was thinking of the wiper blades, and lowering just not a clue about prices

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
erm well the strips if you slide them forwards with a bit of force they just slide out. And I never done the door handles, because 1 not a clue how to get them off lol, and 2 i always put hands on them like so i dont want the paint to flake off :s but i might end up doing them when its sunny lol. But you could just tape around the handles. And its easy i never done it before and thought f**k it have a bash lol. just rub with wet and dry, primer, wet and dry, black paint, rub with wet and dry, laquer, rub with wet and dry ( lightly) then poilish up with wax. i would recomend a couple of coats with primer, paint and laquer. Just take you time really.

and i was thinking of the wiper blades, and lowering just not a clue about prices

i see that shouldn't be too hard, will give it ago at easter, i was thinking of lowering mine using rokkor coilovers, they are pretty cheap @ £160 ish and ideal for a 1.2 but you could use lowering springs but you may have to change dampers so i would rather go for a all in one kit kind of thing if you know what i mean

BMW 330ci
i see that shouldn't be too hard, will give it ago at easter, i was thinking of lowering mine using rokkor coilovers, they are pretty cheap @ £160 ish and ideal for a 1.2 but you could use lowering springs but you may have to change dampers so i would rather go for a all in one kit kind of thing if you know what i mean

i have heard people on about these, but then youve still got too pay for someone to fit them :\.

BMW 330ci
Update: New seats, sport 1*2 seats. Mint condition, seats and doorcards £200 not bad TBH :)

5805988400_8b7bc1d6e1.png

Rear seats included

5805430807_fa3dd4423b.png

Then got some carbon fibre and wrapped the dash strips, turned out really well for first time, and I'm very happy with it looks good, also the old silver ones were stratched and that so was either spray or wrap, and i like the look of the carbon fibre :D

5805992090_524843e30b.png

Got some aero twin wipers look great, and are also great wipers lol. Plus was only like £7 so great deal ;)

5805994246_4ea51868ee.jpg

Got everything colour coded, door strips, door handles, front and rear bumpers, spoiler, few marks covered up, it was also machine polished over, and I had one wheel refurbished, driver rear wheel, looks brand new. Before i bought them think someone had tried to spray them up theirselves, but got wrong colour, and also paint started to chip so looked s**t. was only £25 per wheel. The next pictures are just of the car in general.

5805436563_ddd5f36945.jpg

this is the wheel which was sprayed, the back one, looks Perfect !

5805998026_03cb0b688d.jpg

close up of front bumpers sprayed, and sides and door handles.

5805440391_e156e4fab8.jpg

I really like this pic, but need to find some better places to take pics as they are always the same, on the drive after its been cleaned lol

5805442915_c6d62429b8.jpg

Finally the rear bumper and spoiler.

5806004492_9f5575c204.jpg

I must say I am really happy with how the car looks now. The only thing I am thinking of doing is a DIY jobbie on the aerial lol, to make it smaller. But i really do think it looks good :D

comments and improvements- would obv still do things lol ;) :cool:

Last edited:
  billabong...
Looking really good! pretty much aiming to do the same to mine only its silver!

1.2 Dynamique
I've got a black Dynamique 1.2

I'd get a Megane splitter...makes a good difference, and colour code the front aswell?..

BMW 330ci
haha was a good deal, tbh i dont think the bloke knew how much they were worth just think he wanted a quick sale, so snapped them up.

BMW 330ci

yeah got them done professionally I did do side strips myself but didnt wanna do the rest, one because i didnt wanna mess it up, two would take a LONG time lol and cba to wait, and also would cost a fair bit to get all the stuff together, so just got it done professionally and looks perfect now :D, also got a wheel refurbed and some marks done properly so everything is perfect now :D

and hmmm maybe lol.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks really good tbh, get it lowered tho def! My 1.2 looked like this but with 172 wheels instead. Springs is all you need imho, 40mm would look great!! Also if you have silver paint, spray your indicator bulbs instead of buying silvervisions, put the £10 saved towards springs.

BMW 330ci
Looks really good tbh, get it lowered tho def! My 1.2 looked like this but with 172 wheels instead. Springs is all you need imho, 40mm would look great!! Also if you have silver paint, spray your indicator bulbs instead of buying silvervisions, put the £10 saved towards springs.

thanks :D, you got a pic wouldnt mind having a look tbf. and oo cool tbh you can pick 40mm springs up quite cheap aswell of the bay ;) and haha does that really work ?

2014 Clio 200t edc
Yep, worked fine. Used to do it loads when I had no money, and might start again as I don't have any and I'm tight!! Lol
Just a quick coat of it. Not too much. That's all the cheaper ones are anyway!
And yeah 40mm springs will transform the car. The ride is better and handling is improved no end!!