ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

okay so change the bumper and wing, get the passenger door and rear bumper resprayed or replaced, ignore the damage to the roof and take a buffer to the car, colour code the plastics myself and get coilovers, done?

seriously that door is ridiculous...

Yeah just source another door go check the scrapheaps out just have a walk round see what you can find. Check the 1.2 breakers on ebay see how much a door and bumper will be, thats what i would be doing first rather than getting a respray.

Take the missus away for a weekend enjoy your money a little plus she will thank you for it.

My first car was a Mk1 1.2 clio in blue and only about 3 body planels matched each other i bumped it twice and had to put a different bonnet on it, my wings didnt match and where flaking. It was a mess but i loved it and i didnt care and im glad i didnt waste thousands on it.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I don't mean to sound harsh but I've never seen a bigger waste of money in my entire life, ever.

Yeah just source another door go check the scrapheaps out just have a walk round see what you can find. Check the 1.2 breakers on ebay see how much a door and bumper will be, thats what i would be doing first rather than getting a respray.

Take the missus away for a weekend enjoy your money a little plus she will thank you for it.

My first car was a Mk1 1.2 clio in blue and only about 3 body planels matched each other i bumped it twice and had to put a different bonnet on it, my wings didnt match and where flaking. It was a mess but i loved it and i didnt care and im glad i didnt waste thousands on it.

if i buy a door its 50quid if i get it sprayed its 40 if id be getting the rear bumper done :/ bumpers are ridiculous... they range from 60-110, and sport bumpers are on ebay at 200 damaged? wings are ranging from 30-70 either second hand or primed...

and iv changed my bonnet lol but tis the same colour :L

Listerine & Poledo
How much have you spent on this car roughly then? Including buying it?

Mate, this argument is invalid.

look at all the 1.2's out there which have been "treated" to a the "full replica" treatment.

Sure, he's throwing money away, hand-over-fist, but, well, at least it's not another 1.172 on the road. It's a bit different.... Not a popular different, granted, but different nonetheless

look at all the 1.2's out there which have been "treated" to a the "full replica" treatment.

Sure, he's throwing money away, hand-over-fist, but, well, at least it's not another 1.172 on the road. It's a bit different.... Not a popular different, granted, but different nonetheless

thanks man :D wasnt actually expecting a defence from you :) and if you read a little further up im toning down the respray to 2 panels and then replacing bumper and wing then finally taking a buffer with faraclay to the car then lowering it :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

I was just asking out of curiosity really. I know I said further up that it is the biggest waste of money ever, but it clearly isn't to the OP which is fair enough.

I was just interested in how much money you'd actually put into the car.

And I'd also like to add that I think 1*2 replicas are a waste of money.

I was just asking out of curiosity really. I know I said further up that it is the biggest waste of money ever, but it clearly isn't to the OP which is fair enough.

I was just interested in how much money you'd actually put into the car.

as is... (bear in mind though that these were in spits and spats of 200-300)

1800 for the car,
about 2000 in repairs and maintainence
and about 900 modding the car

i am aware i could have bought a better car if i had that money in one go but due to circumstance i never have..

quite frankly, you should never be allowed to modify another car for the rest of your breathing days! im 17 and drive about in my clio looking at all the spuds like you that try to modify cars. quite frankly id be embarrassed to be associated with that car! in fact id rather s**t in my hands and clap than be seen in that. give up. for the sake of your poor car.

That's a little bit hate filled lol! Is it really necessary?
not hate filled, but not being funny, my best mate owns a bodyshop, ive been around there for over 10 years and hes been turning out show winning cars! but yet you still get kids with there "brilliant ideas" ruining every car they lay there hands on! look at my thread on my clio. yes its sport rep same old same old.. but why? because it works and actually looks good! people laugh at cars like his! mainly because there the ones that do t**t laps thinking they have decent cars! as you can tell it gets me raging! and this is my age group too! :L

Fiesta ST-3
quite frankly, you should never be allowed to modify another car for the rest of your breathing days! im 17 and drive about in my clio looking at all the spuds like you that try to modify cars. quite frankly id be embarrassed to be associated with that car! in fact id rather s**t in my hands and clap than be seen in that. give up. for the sake of your poor car.

FLOL!

listen D"$£head i dont know who the F$£K you think you are but if you think that you can just talk to people like that your in for a shock pal!! if you ever dare speak to me like that in person id knock your teeth down your throat you little S£$T!!! i dont give a f*@K that your only 17 either id enjoy doing it!!!

your nothing but a keyboard warrior!!!

and if your cars so good show us all yeah? see if youve spent as much time and money taking care of your car and trying to keep it in good condition yeah? cz surely thats a testimony as to whether you should be able to drive or not!!

just seen your pic... DCI sport rep!!!!! that hasnt been done before hundreds of times..... try and be different for once in your life ar*$hole or remain a sheep for the rest of your life copying everyone else as you drag your miserable self through what you call life!!

dont hate me cz im different and not afraid to show it!!

*rant over*

Last edited:
  SQ5
Well done you just lowered yourself stupidly low because someone had an opinion on the internet.

Meekings, check out the east of England section we have a meet next week would be good to see the car and meet yourself :)

Well done you just lowered yourself stupidly low because someone had an opinion on the internet.

Meekings, check out the east of England section we have a meet next week would be good to see the car and meet yourself :)

yeah but you know what i felt better afterwards. and that was more than an opinion lad... that was just a hate-filled paragraph

SQ5
listen D"$£head i dont know who the F$£K you think you are but if you think that you can just talk to people like that your in for a shock pal!! if you ever dare speak to me like that in person id knock your teeth down your throat you little S£$T!!! i dont give a f*@K that your only 17 either id enjoy doing it!!!

just seen your pic... DCI sport rep!!!!! that hasnt been done before hundreds of times..... try and be different for once in your life ar*$hole or remain a sheep for the rest of your life copying everyone else as you drag your miserable self through what you call life!!

And this wasn't?

And this wasn't?

difference being mine was qualified! :O how could you not see that? il admit a bit harsh on the reply from myself but no less than the kid deserves!

the only mods hes done to his car are interior, xenons, wheels, and sport grille? he calls that a modded car! i swapped to the sport interior early days of having my car and have done loads since...

SQ5
How could I not see that "if you ever dare speak to me like that in person id knock your teeth down your throat you little S£$T!!! i dont give a f*@K that your only 17 either id enjoy doing it!!!" was a perfectly fine and normal response to someone having an opinion on your car?

You're joking right?

From what I've read on this thread it's not like you take good advice well, but calming down and not running your mouth on here is some you need to take (looks bad for the forum you see).

How could I not see that "if you ever dare speak to me like that in person id knock your teeth down your throat you little S£$T!!! i dont give a f*@K that your only 17 either id enjoy doing it!!!" was a perfectly fine and normal response to someone having an opinion on your car?

You're joking right?

From what I've read on this thread it's not like you take good advice well, but calming down and not running your mouth on here is some you need to take (looks bad for the forum you see).

like i said pal that was alot more than an opinion. and if you pay attention to the thread i have taken alot of advice regarding my car and the choices around it!

granted i shouldnt have let the kid get to me and the last thing i want to do is make the forum look bad but surely people like him give a worse impression for CS than i have?!?!?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Guy with green car ets defensive over someone's opinion

Vs

Guy with tastefully done (sheep) rep with an opinion on a green car.

He wins, mainly because he hasn't ruined his car only catered to the masses.

Do lose it again tho, makes time go faste stuck in work having something entertaining to read

SQ5
No (and just to clarify that you haven't listened to me yet) he had an opinion of your CAR, you threatened HIM. You sounded very chavvy in doing so and just wasn't called for.

Forum Rules

6. Personal attacks both on the forum and through PM of any kind to anyone will not be tolerated. Breaking this rule will result in a major infraction (2 points).

10. Please refrain from making excessive negative comments. As the saying goes "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it". You are welcome to say you do not like the look of something but not post spiteful or hurtful comments. Breaking this rule will result in a minor infraction (1 point).

He only made one comment yes it may of been a little hurtful to you, but I think you need to simmer down a little please.

In my opinion (and a majority on here) I would cringe seeing a Cliosport sticker on your car out an about, a rep is very tasteful and I would like to see a sticker on it!

Guy with green car ets defensive over someone's opinion

Vs

Guy with tastefully done (sheep) rep with an opinion on a green car.

He wins, mainly because he hasn't ruined his car only catered to the masses.

Do lose it again tho, makes time go faste stuck in work having something entertaining to read

someones opinion? so if i said to you i dont like your megane, its poorly modded (while i had a near standard car) and looks so crap you shouldnt be allowed to drive blah blah blah... thats just an opinion yeah?

and as towards your opinion on my car mate i really dont care... I did my car different for a reason then took advice and made some changes to make it more acceptable to these 'masses' but i give up! fact is i aint seeking peoples approval anymore.. im gunna do my car my way and if you dont like it you can keep your 'opinion' to yourself!

and as towards giving CS a bad reputation... i wudnt dream of doing it... idiots with 'opinions' like his give CS a bad rep.. and fyi iv been on renaultforums for nearly a month now showing people my car, and if anyone had a bad opinion on it they havent voiced it! because suprisingly they appreciate the fact its different and they dont allow people to completely disrespect someone because they dont like what theyve done with their car... its alot more mature on the other side of the fence

No (and just to clarify that you haven't listened to me yet) he had an opinion of your CAR, you threatened HIM. You sounded very chavvy in doing so and just wasn't called for.

Forum Rules

6. Personal attacks both on the forum and through PM of any kind to anyone will not be tolerated. Breaking this rule will result in a major infraction (2 points).

10. Please refrain from making excessive negative comments. As the saying goes "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it". You are welcome to say you do not like the look of something but not post spiteful or hurtful comments. Breaking this rule will result in a minor infraction (1 point).

He only made one comment yes it may of been a little hurtful to you, but I think you need to simmer down a little please.

In my opinion (and a majority on here) I would cringe seeing a Cliosport sticker on your car out an about, a rep is very tasteful and I would like to see a sticker on it!

iv already calmed down, but seriously if you dont read the thread properly your not going to see where i have taken advice, and while i apologise to the admins for my comments made to the kid, i do not regret voicing what i did just though i do regret the level i went to.

and it may be your opinion and the same as many on here but that wont make me turn my car into a rep to gain approval..

SQ5
You've been on the Internet before though right?

It's a place for everyone to widely express opinions on different subjects.

Other Renault forums aren't anywhere near as large as Cliosport, in fact many other owners clubs are small in comparison. There are a lot of people on here with different opinions, if your going on a smaller Renault forum with a younger audience then yes they may all think your car is "sik" and like Meekings it's great to see younger people not putting a set of wheels on and saying his car is modified.

I'm not, and I don't see anyone else, asking you to turn it into a rep. Just stating that someone with a rep has an opinion on your car, as you do on his. Now you've made an opinion on his does that mean he can come on here threatening you to knock your teeth out?

No it doesn't, so who do you think is the more likeable with a better attitude?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol it's no secret that 90% of people on here don't like my megane, affectionately known as rust bucket to those on here so I'm affraid strangers opinion on my car don't really matter that much to me. So by all means slate away.

I happen not to mind your car now. Was an abortion to start with but it's been improved, think your wasting money on respraying it etc. but I'm no man to judge wasting money.

Simple fact is you posted pictures on a forum your going to get opinions, if you don't like the opinion then don't post pictures, keep them to yourself. Although I'd add that you posting pictures and taking some advice in this thread has stopped you looking like a dick driving down the road in a car thy wa fit for the circus.

No I won't keep my opinion to myself I have a right to voice it as much as you have a right to voice your opinion on my car.

As I said before a dci rep will get more praise than what you came on here with to begin with and threatening someone puts you lower than him even after his questionable way of portraying his opinion

You've been on the Internet before though right?

It's a place for everyone to widely express opinions on different subjects.

Other Renault forums aren't anywhere near as large as Cliosport, in fact many other owners clubs are small in comparison. There are a lot of people on here with different opinions, if your going on a smaller Renault forum with a younger audience then yes they may all think your car is "sik" and like Meekings it's great to see younger people not putting a set of wheels on and saying his car is modified.

though thats true il have you know that renault forums is actually full of people from their late 20's upwards into the 60's

and like Meekings it's great to see younger people not putting a set of wheels on and saying his car is modified.

sorry but read that back? fact is iv done more to my car than he has? and so lights, grille, interior and wheels is modified? (yes im aware that its no longer standard... but if you call that modified mine must be custom surely?)

SQ5
though thats true il have you know that renault forums is actually full of people from their late 20's upwards into the 60's

sorry but read that back? fact is iv done more to my car than he has? and so lights, grille, interior and wheels is modified? (yes im aware that its no longer standard... but if you call that modified mine must be custom surely?)

I was talking in general of Renault forums, not Renault Forums.

So basically you've tried doing a rep but forgot the body kit and wheels? I don't think this is a "done more to my car" argument though is it, he's is just more tasteful to the masses, he is part of the masses and he doesn't like your style of car.

I'm not looking for an argument just wanting you to simmer down as you took it too far.

Lol it's no secret that 90% of people on here don't like my megane, affectionately known as rust bucket to those on here so I'm affraid strangers opinion on my car don't really matter that much to me. So by all means slate away.

I happen not to mind your car now. Was an abortion to start with but it's been improved, think your wasting money on respraying it etc. but I'm no man to judge wasting money.

Simple fact is you posted pictures on a forum your going to get opinions, if you don't like the opinion then don't post pictures, keep them to yourself. Although I'd add that you posting pictures and taking some advice in this thread has stopped you looking like a dick driving down the road in a car thy wa fit for the circus.

No I won't keep my opinion to myself I have a right to voice it as much as you have a right to voice your opinion on my car.

As I said before a dci rep will get more praise than what you came on here with to begin with

read back before this conversation started mate... im sourcing the parts and only getting painted what desperately needs painting... ie passengers door and rear bumper... i actually came on today to inform people that iv sourced the replacement wing in the same colour for 30quid so only need to source a front bumper and get the door and rear bumper sorted before buying coilovers and the car is done...

tbh mate i actually appreciate the megane but i was trying to make a point on what enraged me so much... and the thing where i said keep your opinions to yourself was more a generalisation aimed at people like the lads who post hate comments...

and fair enough a DCI rep may get more praise than what i started with but as a progress thread i have made progress no? and i honestly believe every car should be considered seperately rather than being compared to a renaultsport clio...

I was talking in general of Renault forums, not Renault Forums.

So basically you've tried doing a rep but forgot the body kit and wheels? I don't think this is a "done more to my car" argument though is it, he's is just more tasteful to the masses, he is part of the masses and he doesn't like your style of car.

I'm not looking for an argument just wanting you to simmer down as you took it too far.

im calm now mate as said, and the only sport parts are the interior and grille? i changed the interior as the grey/blue interior was hideous and wouldnt match the car by the time it was finished but i could work with the sport interior as its dark...

and i apologise to everyone for voicing my retort as i did as it was extremely childish but (not that i condone what i did) i havent had the best of weeks and i am more than stressed and seeing the comment made really riled me up...

SQ5
I know your calm now, but I was defending him earlier because you weren't and said stupid things which you really shouldn't of said and was no need of saying.

You just need to realise that your car is going to attract bad opinions, it has Monster stickers FFS!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
read back before this conversation started mate... im sourcing the parts and only getting painted what desperately needs painting... ie passengers door and rear bumper... i actually came on today to inform people that iv sourced the replacement wing in the same colour for 30quid so only need to source a front bumper and get the door and rear bumper sorted before buying coilovers and the car is done...

tbh mate i actually appreciate the megane but i was trying to make a point on what enraged me so much... and the thing where i said keep your opinions to yourself was more a generalisation aimed at people like the lads who post hate comments...

and fair enough a DCI rep may get more praise than what i started with but as a progress thread i have made progress no? and i honestly believe every car should be considered seperately rather than being compared to a renaultsport clio...

Still a waste in what in my opinion (please don't shout) sounds like a bit of a shed (broken wings, poor filling etc.) money better spent saving for a better car, and if a better car is another 1.2 clip then so be it at least get one with decent body work. I know you won't listen to that because youve done work on this one but I would cut my losses and get a tidier one rather than try and fix it. Polish a turd it's still a turd.

You won't stop people's opinion. They will give it to you no matter what do either ignore them or don't post pictures as ammunition. It's certainly not advisable to start threatening to punch their teeth out...

I know your calm now, but I was defending him earlier because you weren't and said stupid things which you really shouldn't of said and was no need of saying.
and again i apologise pal but my rant aside surely you cant condone what he said (i get he doesnt like the car - though stating that would have been sufficient)

it has Monster stickers FFS!
which have mostly come off.. and the rear one is coming off this week.. was gunna post up as a suprise but meh i told you now..

Still a waste in what in my opinion (please don't shout) sounds like a bit of a shed (broken wings, poor filling etc.) money better spent saving for a better car, and if a better car is another 1.2 clip then so be it at least get one with decent body work. I know you won't listen to that because youve done work on this one but I would cut my losses and get a tidier one rather than try and fix it. Polish a turd it's still a turd.

You won't stop people's opinion. They will give it to you no matter what do either ignore them or don't post pictures as ammunition. It's certainly not advisable to start threatening to punch their teeth out...

true but this is my turd ;)

and i know mate i have apologised but it was more for the way he was voicing his opinion and the statement he made rather than the fact he doesnt like the car...

i have been told that what i thought was filler texture is down to the lacquer sinking into probably previously filled panels but a buffer would fix it with a good bout of faraclay then a detailing session, though i would have to pay someone for this as i have never done it before and dont want to ruin the paint... (would quite happily pay someone off here to do it once iv replaced parts...)

Meekings, check out the east of England section we have a meet next week would be good to see the car and meet yourself :)[/QUOTE]

Danny drop us a PM with a link! wouldnt mind going to my 1st CS meet :)

your nothing but a keyboard warrior!!!

and if your cars so good show us all yeah? see if youve spent as much time and money taking care of your car and trying to keep it in good condition yeah? cz surely thats a testimony as to whether you should be able to drive or not!!

dont hate me cz im different and not afraid to show it!!

*rant over*

so im nothing but a keyboard warrior ay' bit hypocritical to be fair isnt it?? ;)
if my car is soo good, show us all? i do belive if you read my above comments i did invite you to have a look ;) i also admit its a sheep, but do people laugh at me when they see it? no. no they dont! fact of the matter is although my comment may have been hatsh, which i will admit! it just frustrates me that people like you take pride in your Mcdonalds racing crew cars! enough of that said im off to halfords.. theres a special on fluro paints!! WOOPWOOP ;)

Danny drop us a PM with a link! wouldnt mind going to my 1st CS meet :)

so im nothing but a keyboard warrior ay' bit hypocritical to be fair isnt it?? ;)
if my car is soo good, show us all? i do belive if you read my above comments i did invite you to have a look ;) i also admit its a sheep, but do people laugh at me when they see it? no. no they dont! fact of the matter is although my comment may have been hatsh, which i will admit! it just frustrates me that people like you take pride in your Mcdonalds racing crew cars! enough of that said im off to halfords.. theres a special on fluro paints!! WOOPWOOP ;)

actually mate for a start i avoid mcdonalds at all costs... i dont attend 'cruises' or anything like that... fact is i use this car to commute and it does its job, the appearance of the car is for my benefit not that of others so i am going to take pride in it otherwise i wouldnt have modded the car like i have...

but you dont think it frustrates me being compared to those type of people??? when i have nothing to do with them...and is that why you chose to have a rep? so people couldnt laugh at you? you seek approval that much ey?

FYI fella aswell my paint aint from halfords (it was from motorworld)... i chose the colour as it makes a contrast and it was the closest colour to the stickers i was planning on putting on the car so thought about consistency.. but doesnt matter as the stickers are off and the car is still consistent thorughout and i think it shouldnt matter i chose green.. if i did my car the exact same but with red instead of green im quite sure it would have got greeted with a better reception

the reason you get put under that catagory of people is because of the way you have "modified" (so to speak) your car. i dont seek the approval of people, i just dont want to look like a prize prick driving my 1.2 around thinking it looks "sick and ting". ive probably spent half what you have to make my car look decent! although its a sheep, theres clearly a reason for it! it looks nice, makes the standard car look better spec. what would you say the resale value of yours is now? maybe £300 if your lucky? and you dont need to explain where or why you got that paint i couldnt care :L and if you done it red with the same approach you have taken with tish it would look equally as poor. all i can say is, listen to what people advise you. there normally right. and i you have a problem with sport reps answer this question. why the are you on cliosport.net? let me spell that C.L.I.O-S.P.O.R.T. #nub.