ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

If your car is that much of a shed exterior wise why not just sell up and buy another one in better condition? Would save you a fortune. You could transfer most of your green bits over and have a better car overall because if it has filler over the rear quarter then it's obviously been in a prang and isn't exactly a minter

i thought about that but it would put me 1200 out of pocket not counting labour (getting all my parts put on) or buying standard parts to put back on this car... :/ so would cost more for getting another car and doing that than the respray... and if i ignored all the running parts i put on this one new and left them on it would only run the risk of the same parts breaking on the newer car... not to mention that i cant go longer than 2 weeks tops without a car...

I mean this in the nicest possible way... Don't be an idiot and have a respray. It'll be a monumental waste of money. Sell up and buy another car or keep this as it is for the time being.

Seriously, mate, you have got to open your eyes. A full respray on a 1.2 clio? Definitely a massive waste of money. Listen to the users on here.

My advice? Sell up and get an upgrade.

Seriously, mate, you have got to open your eyes. A full respray on a 1.2 clio? Definitely a massive waste of money. Listen to the users on here.

My advice? Sell up and get an upgrade.

dude i mentioned this further up... it isnt feasible to upgrade... the respray would A- be cheaper.... B- save me money on repairs on a new car.. C- save me money on insurance instead of paying for a newer car... D- save me wasting time and money hunting for a newer car...

the only reasonable advice to me is from paul - keep it as is (which would really bug me) and kliokid (wrap the car as it would be cheaper... but that would still need the bodywork repairing)

Just think ....your less likely to sell It if its bright froggin green ;) :L

i aint looking to sell for another few years yet as the entire running parts side of the car is brand new so pointless selling... and during the time iv got this car il be able to save until i can afford to buy a car outright...

Just repair the bits that need repairing fella.

which tbh iv started doing but is still alot :(

iv replaced the bonnet, but i need a front bumper, drivers wing, roof needs repairing, passengers door needs spraying due to a large patch where it got scratched and someone covered it with s£"t paint, the rear bumper needs colour coding as its black gold not black pearl :/ so only really leaves the rear quarter and bootlid that wouldnt get sprayed

and thats not taking into account the dints and scratches on those panels that my drivers door isnt completely straight and is covered in dints :(

i just want it looking nice :/ its really irritating that idiots in carparks keep hitting it with their doors and driving off :/ i really dont like it looking a state...

Listerine & Poledo
I hear you matey, but unles you never park in public again after the work is done, yhow many tears will be shed when you get another wang in your door?

It's why I haven't bothered spraying my 172

I hear you matey, but unles you never park in public again after the work is done, yhow many tears will be shed when you get another wang in your door?

It's why I haven't bothered spraying my 172

true man an it makes a good point but it really doesnt help that i can see that the rear quarters have been filled and not prepped properly so showing texture :/ really only leaves the boot lid and bonnet now that doesnt need work :( i wouldnt mind wrapping it if there was a nice black but surely the work and paint would have to be done before hand? :S

Listerine & Poledo
Wrap it in luminous green then fella.

Your path is clear, and at resale time it can always come off :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm interested to know what these mechanical bits are that you've changed that makes it impossible for you to sell...

I'm interested to know what these mechanical bits are that you've changed that makes it impossible for you to sell...

its a huge list tbf....

clutch, gearbox, all the driveshafts, the CV boots and bottom arms, both anti roll bars, the suspension all round (il be getting coilovers to replace these though), all wheel bearings, the entire interior, battery, aswell as alot of the smaller parts... and i dont have any of the standard parts to put back on if i did sell the car for another clio so i would lose on all the mods i have done...

the only running part really that i havent replaced in the 2 years i have had the car is the engine... (the clutch was done november just gone)

the only reason i kept the car when it came to fixing these parts is that i need a car and didnt have the time or money to change car then... now i still dont have the time or money but iv grown really attached to the car over the time i have had it and i really dont wanna lose the money that i have put into it (around 2 grand in repairs and parts, not counting mods) not to mention i really enjoy driving it...

Last edited:
How much do you reckon all the bodywork, paint and labour would cost? You could do the bodywork and maintenance yourself. To be honest if you don't want to sell up you could do a quick repair of any essentials, bodywork wise, do a quick clear coat, yourself, then get the car wrapped afterwards. Wrapping is not permanent though, could be more than a few hundred quid that might only last 2 or 3 years.

How many miles are on it by the way? You can get clios dirt cheap now, esp non sports. You could break yours, and buy another one. This is only advice by the way.

How much do you reckon all the bodywork, paint and labour would cost? You could do the bodywork and maintenance yourself. To be honest if you don't want to sell up you could do a quick repair of any essentials, bodywork wise, do a quick clear coat, yourself, then get the car wrapped afterwards. Wrapping is not permanent though, could be more than a few hundred quid that might only last 2 or 3 years.

How many miles are on it by the way? You can get clios dirt cheap now, esp non sports. You could break yours, and buy another one. This is only advice by the way.

the entire bodywork and respray is gunna be 850-950 with everything all in for it to be like a brand new car.. then only other cost for the rest of my life with the car is coilovers :) and 69,000 atm :) i got it at 38,000...

as i say though i cant go without a car and cant afford to buy a car... i really dont even have 1500 to spend on a clio to then pay someone to transfer all the parts over that iv replaced (the mods i could do the rest i can do bits but not stuff like clutch..) and as i said earlier dude i dont have the time for stuff like this atm

Last edited:
Instead of a respray you could try to source panels in the same colour, might be cheaper, I wouldn't do a respray of the whole car unless it really is gash. And a sticker wrap won't last long enough. Sourcing panels in 676 pearl black sounds the cheapest to me. Any better pics of the damage?

Instead of a respray you could try to source panels in the same colour, might be cheaper, I wouldn't do a respray of the whole car unless it really is gash. And a sticker wrap won't last long enough. Sourcing panels in 676 pearl black sounds the cheapest to me. Any pics of the damage?

i'll take pics tomorrow and put up.. the sourcing side iv been looking into anyway but i dont wanna replace my back bumper when it only needs spraying, the roof deffinately will need repair and painting along with the passenger door... but as i say man il upload the pics tomorrow trying to highlight the main bits of damage and the filler effect...

and as i say dude they would be colour coding all the bumpstrips and the grille at the same time (including the ones on the front and rear bumper) i would rather someone proffessional to do the outer colour coding so i cant mess it up as i have never colour coded before, iv only ever sprayed from a can and only the interior plastics that were easy...

Last edited:
hard to see the dints and the damage to the roof with it being fairly dark but il take more pics tomorrow and upload then

roof (pay attenion to the faint line when you zoom in to the pic... its a crack in my roof caused by the sunroof dropping)

View attachment 76156 View attachment 76157 hard to see here but you can spot it with a good eye.. and il upload better pics of the damage tomorrow

passengers door

View attachment 76158

drivers side front end

View attachment 76159

Drivers side door mis-shapenness (i know thats inaccurate but i dont know how else to describe it) pay attention to the lines following the car down the side and the area around the end of the door bumpstrip and i tried to show it from the other end but as i said il upload better pics tomorrow its easier to see in person

View attachment 76160 View attachment 76161

as mentioned guys some of the bits are hard to see on pics (dints or scratches and the texture of the paint down the drivers side)

but i wanted to show why i wanted the respray and the damage fixed bearing in mind the money i have already spent on the car guys and the money id lose changing the car when the full respray is 850-950 including all colour coding done and all the damage fixed

Those pictures are terrible in the dark and the rain seriously.

You dont need a respray your wasting your money, so what if it has a few dings which 10+ car doesnt. Get some trim restorer, some polish which fill swirls and is a slight abrasive which may remove some etc and give it some good protection you will be surprised.

Send your money elsewhere.

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
I don't get it, everyone on here has offered you BRILLIANT and money saving advice, since the start of this thread.
But it all just goes in one ear and out the other.

No full car respray is needed, expecially on a 1.2 Clio.

Save money for the future or something more important, like a upgrade in a few years time.

+1

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Sell it and buy another one!! dont pour money into a 1.2, youll never see a penny of it again!!

im not sure how the hell you justify that itll put you £1200 out of pocket to change before buying standard parts?!
the only mods i can see on it are those wheels, which tbh, i wouldnt take over if i was going to replace the car!!

Option 1
Buy another clio for £1k
Take all the mods off your current one,
put them on the new one
piece up the current one with the standard bits your replced
sell yours as a dog for £500

total spend = £500
car value = £800
tot £300

Option 2
cheap respray £500
peels/fades/runs
worthless clio

total spend = £500
car value = £300
tot -£200

Option 3
Good respray = £1000
car value = £800
tot -£200

theres a little break down i wrote because im really bored!! in the long run, its really not worth repainting a non-sport. But based on your comments already, you've made your mind up and dont plan on listening to reason!

Last edited:
Those pictures are terrible in the dark and the rain seriously.

You dont need a respray your wasting your money, so what if it has a few dings which 10+ car doesnt. Get some trim restorer, some polish which fill swirls and is a slight abrasive which may remove some etc and give it some good protection you will be surprised.

Send your money elsewhere.

okay so change the bumper and wing, get the passenger door and rear bumper resprayed or replaced, ignore the damage to the roof and take a buffer to the car, colour code the plastics myself and get coilovers, done?

seriously that door is ridiculous...

Last edited:
I don't get it, everyone on here has offered you BRILLIANT and money saving advice, since the start of this thread.
But it all just goes in one ear and out the other.

No full car respray is needed, expecially on a 1.2 Clio.

Save money for the future or something more important, like a upgrade in a few years time.

+1

actually i am listening im just putting my side accross so people see my reasoning and come to a proper conclusion as oppsed to the very biased ones that people give when only looking from the outside

Sell it and buy another one!! dont pour money into a 1.2, youll never see a penny of it again!!

im not sure how the hell you justify that itll put you £1200 out of pocket to change before buying standard parts?!
the only mods i can see on it are those wheels, which tbh, i wouldnt take over if i was going to replace the car!!

Option 1
Buy another clio for £1k
Take all the mods off your current one,
put them on the new one
piece up the current one with the standard bits your replced
sell yours as a dog for £500

total spend = £500
car value = £800
tot £300

Option 2
cheap respray £500
peels/fades/runs
worthless clio

total spend = £500
car value = £300
tot -£200

Option 3
Good respray = £1000
car value = £800
tot -£200

theres a little break down i wrote because im really bored!! in the long run, its really not worth repainting a non-sport. But based on your comments already, you've made your mind up and dont plan on listening to reason!

as iv said i am listening to comments and replying rather than ignoring them but firstly i dont see the car valued as £800 same as you do..

secondly just a small list of the mods done include, HU, speakers, subwoofers, wheels, interior, sport grille, the bits iv painted, the cat-back stainless steel exhaust, the tinted windows... thats just some of them

thirdly the option 3 you suggested is a little more expensive than the actual respray i was considering but already makes it seem like less of a loss?

i am listening though as i said otherwise id have it booked in for the spraying now... read my reply to Jay.S and you'll see what im considering atm as a lessened down respray...

Fiesta ST-3
Get the local dentman out and give it a paint correction.

You are seriously off your rocker at even considering respraying a 10 year old clio. If it was something like a williams or other sought after car fair enough... but seriously you're mad!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Don't respray it mate, you should just fix the wing and bumper and colour code the plastics. I had 3 dents filled and resprayed on my old car and ended up hating it :( then I got turinis and it made me feel better, but it just seemed like I was fighting a losing battle trying to get it perfect on the outside.

Then I lost every bit of love for it when I put it back to standard lol! I was genuinely depressed for a couple of days :p then I upgraded :approve:

Don't respray it mate, you should just fix the wing and bumper and colour code the plastics. I had 3 dents filled and resprayed on my old car and ended up hating it :( then I got turinis and it made me feel better, but it just seemed like I was fighting a losing battle trying to get it perfect on the outside.

Then I lost every bit of love for it when I put it back to standard lol! I was genuinely depressed for a couple of days :p then I upgraded :approve:

haha much love as always knuckles :3 haha what about the passenger door and blackgold rear bumper though?

i reckon im gunna do what id said above ^ (change the bumper and wing, get the passenger door and rear bumper resprayed or replaced, ignore the damage to the roof and take a buffer to the car, colour code the plastics myself and get coilovers, done?)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Didn't mean to offend mate, I was just speaking from experience. Wouldn't want you shelling out and then hating it (although there were other factors contributing to me disliking my car lol)

Whats wrong with the door sorry? I just skimmed lol :p

Didn't mean to offend mate, I was just speaking from experience. Wouldn't want you shelling out and then hating it (although there were other factors contributing to me disliking my car lol)

Whats wrong with the door sorry? I just skimmed lol :p

haha loook at the pic :/ its been scratched and covered over with paint that looks worse than the scratches :/ and i wasnt being sarcastic man :) i know you wernt trying to offend dude :D is why iv got much love for you as usual :3

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
as iv said i am listening to comments and replying rather than ignoring them but firstly i dont see the car valued as £800 same as you do..

secondly just a small list of the mods done include, HU, speakers, subwoofers, wheels, interior, sport grille, the bits iv painted, the cat-back stainless steel exhaust, the tinted windows... thats just some of them

thirdly the option 3 you suggested is a little more expensive than the actual respray i was considering but already makes it seem like less of a loss?

i am listening though as i said otherwise id have it booked in for the spraying now... read my reply to Jay.S and you'll see what im considering atm as a lessened down respray...

youre looking at an afternoons work to change all that stuff over TOPS, and the only money you'd have to fork out is for the tints.

im not sure what you mean by what you said about the third option, but if its a good respray guarentee youll spend more than the car will be worth when it rolls out the spray shop, and i know its not all about money, but you will regret pissing it away when you come to building later cars!! i sure as hell know i regret pumping my 1.2 full of money only to break it for not very much.

im glad youre seeing sence though :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
haha loook at the pic :/ its been scratched and covered over with paint that looks worse than the scratches :/ and i wasnt being sarcastic man :) i know you wernt trying to offend dude :D is why iv got much love for you as usual :3

Aah, didn't recognise the smiley lol, yeah, that could do with sorting lol :/ didn't realise it was that bad

youre looking at an afternoons work to change all that stuff over TOPS, and the only money you'd have to fork out is for the tints.

im not sure what you mean by what you said about the third option, but if its a good respray guarentee youll spend more than the car will be worth when it rolls out the spray shop, and i know its not all about money, but you will regret pissing it away when you come to building later cars!! i sure as hell know i regret pumping my 1.2 full of money only to break it for not very much.

im glad youre seeing sence though :)

yeah im sourcing the front bumper and wing, get the door and rear bumper sprayed, take a buffer with some G3 or faraclay to the car to try and improve the rest of the car then get coilovers done :approve: