ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 16v. Not for long....

Clio 2003 1.2 16v
Been reading through this from the beginning, some effort gone into this. Shame about the wrap and the police! thinking about that spoiler on my 1.2.., good work mate.

Been reading through this from the beginning, some effort gone into this. Shame about the wrap and the police! thinking about that spoiler on my 1.2.., good work mate.

Cheers mate. The cars away to get wrapped again, should actually be starting it tomorrow depending on the weather but this time ill be declaring it and changing my V5 just to prevent getting stopped about it.

Yeah the trophy/v6 replica spoiler really does look great when fitted. Only thing that faults it is the bolt holes don't lime up with the wholes in the tail gate so a bit of fiddling or even redrilling the boot lid required to fit it.

Clio 2003 1.2 16v
Cheers mate. The cars away to get wrapped again, should actually be starting it tomorrow depending on the weather but this time ill be declaring it and changing my V5 just to prevent getting stopped about it.

Yeah the trophy/v6 replica spoiler really does look great when fitted. Only thing that faults it is the bolt holes don't lime up with the wholes in the tail gate so a bit of fiddling or even redrilling the boot lid required to fit it.
What colour you going for this time?

Really want that spoiler, just the little lip makes such a difference to a clio I think.

Right, As mentioned a fairly big update happening here.

Now i have been thinking about a colour change and i finally decided to go ahead and do it.... again.

So here is a few pics from start to finish of the wrap. Unfortunately this time i didn't have access to anywhere enclosed and dust free to do the wrap, So ended up getting done on my brothers driveway.

Wing done.
temporary_zpsnuiefiho.jpg

Rear quarter done.
temporary_zpss1porsg7.jpg

My Bro finishing off the door
temporary_zpsn4qcxnc1.jpg

Petrol cap and door mouldings done
temporary_zpsvcl9l9yt.jpg

Boot lid done
temporary_zpsbaees0ux.jpg

Passenger side door and wing (poor pic)
temporary_zps85yojm7u.jpg

Now as you can see in the last pic we ran out of light and my brother wasn't free again for another few days unfortunately. So i set about removing the old wrap from my front bumper and noticed all my filler was cracked :(

temporary_zps83ui04n0.jpg

But managed to get all that sanded down and a bit more smoothing and filler and it was ready to be wrapped again. Now due to my stupidity i found out there was a meet on locally later on that night and decided to go to it. Didn't realise i would get my car photographed though! Embarrassment!!

temporary_zpsu5weyoid.jpg

Safe to say i got a fair amount of dodgy looks that night even heard a few comments such as " must have been in a smash and getting repaired" "wtf happened to that!" "whats wrong with the bumper" and thankfully heard someone stating that it was getting smoothed off ( thank god! someone realised)

So after that night of making a proper tit of my self i was dying to get the car finished. So today we fired straight into it and got the rest of the car done.

Bumper finished
temporary_zpsuyn5invd.jpg

Whole of the passenger side complete
temporary_zpsw6wjqsjy.jpg

front done and a few better pics
temporary_zpse8mf8ha7.jpg

temporary_zpstctoaakm.jpg

temporary_zpspz8gdpec.jpg

Some of you will notice that i have a strip still needing done on the front bumper, This will be getting done tomorrow in black would have been done today but didn't have black vinyl with me, also my side skirts will be back on as soon as possible.

Well thats that, the wrap colour is matte pearl mint green. When the light hits it, a tint of white shines through. Had a good amount of comments already from people saying its a nice unique colour and that but everybodys comments are welcome on here as well.

Next on the list to do is a service, been busy the past few days picking up various parts needed

Spark plugs
oil
oil filter
engine flush
coolant
brake discs
brake pads
brake fluid
cv boots x2
cabin filter
fuel filter
2x new tyres

Most of this should hopefully be getting done this weekend coming but need to sort out an inconvenience of a rounded off locking wheel nut and no locking wheel nut key to even attempt to remove it!

After all this has been done its a case of a few more subtle changes such as.

smooth wiper blank
re paint brake calipers
replace hazy side repeater
clean engine bay up

Save up for ktec stealth exhaust
save up for different alloys
Stuck between white bbs rs reps or white concave XXR's

A fair few people have asked that. Im still unsure if i will or wont just now.

I do like it black as it hides the sunroof and also i have just fixed all the leaks and rattles from it and if I was to wrap it it would be getting removed.

Never know it might be same colour soon seeing as i cant leave anything alone for 5 minutes!

Got a few more better detail pics to upload later

Had spare time today so got the bumper finished off and splitter put on, When the car was blue i had the espace splitter on but this time i went for the normal clio one (think it looks a lot better and cleaner) also can't remember if i mentioned i got a set of clean number plates so got the fitted as well.

temporary_zpsdp13cabo.jpg

Was unsure on the black center piece at first but as shown in these better pics once the plate and splitter where all put back on and the car given a good clean it actually evens it all up nicely imo.

temporary_zpsb4lopy3e.jpg

temporary_zpsaash3kop.jpg

temporary_zpsjmrob7la.jpg

Skirts definitely need done and fitted asap!
temporary_zpsnp6lnpyh.jpg

temporary_zpsbpylsqnw.jpg

Looking good, used to hang about that car park lol

Cheers. Bell street Dundee , Yeah i used to go there nearly every weekend with my mates but now its just whenever there's a meet on. That night i went 3 floors were full of cars, Was a good night untill people started doing burnouts and popping and banging. The police showed up instantly and everyone cleared out pretty quickly!

Listerine & Poledo
Listerine like. @Goodj would approve of the colour Im sure!
ol, looks nothing like it. Guessing you've not seen Listerine in the reals though.

In Mazda terms it's closer to being "Splash green" but, in any event, it looks minty fresh. Good work

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
ol, looks nothing like it. Guessing you've not seen Listerine in the reals though.

In Mazda terms it's closer to being "Splash green" but, in any event, it looks minty fresh. Good work

Im disappointed you don't remember me! I saw Listerine at RDR's Camping last year.

1.2 2003 clio
Thought they were got them on mine and yeah they are very harsh but I don't mind for now , since lowering do you get a lot of bump steer and find your having to put more input into the steering wheel than before??

1.2 2003 clio
Not quite had them on long enough to notice that yet but I can see it happening, might have to look for some uprated joints maybe if someone does them??

ah man, this colour looks so much better than the old one!
seen similar colours on Rocketbunny FRS's, suits the clio tho

just need a sport grill now :tongueout:

Cheers mate, yeah all my mates and people that comment on it when im parked up at shops ect say the same. And to be honest i couldn't agree more! The attention the car gets is unreal lol was getting photos taking as i was coming out of Tesco last night llf

Skirts should be back on today and an rs grill is definitly on the to buy list along with white XXR 527s and a ktec stealth then the car should be the exact way i want it.

Cheers mate, yeah all my mates and people that comment on it when im parked up at shops ect say the same. And to be honest i couldn't agree more! The attention the car gets is unreal lol was getting photos taking as i was coming out of Tesco last night llf

Skirts should be back on today and an rs grill is definitly on the to buy list along with white XXR 527s and a ktec stealth then the car should be the exact way i want it.

thats good news buddy, although @Willsam gets annoyed when people buy white xxrs :tongueclosed:
should look good tho man :up:

Haha! Could imagine, Although i am jealous of how low his sits at the rear. Would love my arch gap at the front and the back to be the same.
yeh it sits well, im looking at getting some corsa springs and grinding them to fit my adjuster base and cutting the top down :cool:

if youve got £80, there are some custom springs going on fb and ig. you seen juicy clyde on ig? his old springs are for sale, and they are low, like real low haha

yeh it sits well, im looking at getting some corsa springs and grinding them to fit my adjuster base and cutting the top down :cool:

if youve got £80, there are some custom springs going on fb and ig. you seen juicy clyde on ig? his old springs are for sale, and they are low, like real low haha
Don't have fb or ig bud, got rid of it years ago lol. But never know might invest in a set of custom springs at some point in the future.

Small update that makes a difference!

Well over the weekend i have spent my time vinyl wrapping the side skirts and today i got them fitted!

imo it completes the car.. well apart from the wheels to be honest as im going off them (going to keep them as winter wheels)

pics (potato cam, it was getting dark and my phones terrible!)

temporary_zps8bu5fbt1.jpg

temporary_zpsyc4ofypn.jpg

temporary_zpsmjx8meya.jpg

Then throughout the week it will time to do the service

temporary_zps06tsp0fj.jpg

Titanium 182
Haha @beastlybenn everybody is on the White axe thing ;) you don't need Corsa springs, cut rears all the way it's still too high love this clio though, always wanted his smooth front bumper

@Willsam too many axe's and lensos on the clio scene! And I'm too pussy to cut my ta springs haha and yeh this is why I'm on about smoothing mine now, it looks awesome!
@Wee_Billy_92 get something unique man' some 8j dish or splits would look sick, or I'm really liking the stuttgart st7 but im not trying to sway you [emoji14]

Im now mad for getting my springs chopped a bit. I have a spare set of lo lowering springs that i had on the car before so might get the grinder out!

Also if any advice is needed on smoothing the front bumper feel free to post. Mines isn't exactly perfect like but it was my first time doing anything like that. You can see small like craters on the corners up close but its really not that noticable.

Also the wheels i really am stuck on what to buy tbh want a good stance and either dish or concave. No idea what to get though and all i have been looking at is those XXRs and BBS Reps. had a few people mentioning rotas but i honestly don't know.

Im now mad for getting my springs chopped a bit. I have a spare set of lo lowering springs that i had on the car before so might get the grinder out!

Also if any advice is needed on smoothing the front bumper feel free to post. Mines isn't exactly perfect like but it was my first time doing anything like that. You can see small like craters on the corners up close but its really not that noticable.

yeh cheers man, i have managed to source a sport bumper modified to fit non sports without wings, gonna fit that, fix a crack and smooth the number plate recess out :) will prob ask about fiberglass and s**t soon tho :p

Also the wheels i really am stuck on what to buy tbh want a good stance and either dish or concave. No idea what to get though and all i have been looking at is those XXRs and BBS Reps. had a few people mentioning rotas but i honestly don't know.

i run old genuine bbs from a bmw e30, they were cheap as chips! i wouldnt go with rotas, esp with rear drums, maybe some reps, just look around and remember that anything can be made to fit as long as they arent stupid width and offset haha

Thats good then man! Yeah with the plate recess i basically used the fibreglass to slowly build up to roughly the same height as either side of the recess then use filler to smooth over the top of it. Will probably take a couple of attempts till you get it the way you want it though.

Yeah i really like those BBS wheels on yours! Was actually looking at them at first but in white but then i seen the dished rs reps and wanted them even more. Ill keep searching ebay and other sites, been looking on japshop and driftworks as well.

basically they would still have to be 15" probably go as far as 8.5j but that also depends on the offset as well. So ill probably be getting rid of my spacers in that case. And what ever wheels i get have to be white/ or get refurbed in white just so it matches the cage. My budget is roughly £400 so im sure ill find something.