ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

file_zps32953e8d.jpg

And people say race car wiring looms are simple with hardly any wires! The only wires above that most clio track/race cars wouldn't need is 2 of the white ones for the pit to car radio all the others are pretty essential.

The loom shown is the main dash loom that runs all the switches, Dash, data logger, switches for the cutoff and extinguisher and also heated screen. Excuse all the tape but just holding the wires together while I calculated wire lengths etc :)

First time tonight that i've spent more than an hour on the car in the last few weeks. Been carrying on with the wiring and trying to get the chassis loom moving forwards so I added the remaining wires to the dash loom and then covering the loom before making the final connections in the coming weeks when I get time. I could be doing the wiring much quicker but am taking my time as really want to do a neat job. Had a look through my pictures today of the old loom just to give myself motivation lol!

I used 4 just doing my EPAS conversion LOL!

I do have an overwhelming desire though to strip mine down to a shell again this winter and build it back up with a proper loom and cup racer dashboard etc...

WRX
Went to get my track wheels powder coated today. Guy behind the counter said they've got any colour apart from orange, apparently there's a national shortage.:banghead:

Nah it would be entirely an October -> March thing ready for the French series next year ;)
Wouldn't be changing any brakes/suspension etc... so shouldn't need re-setting up or anything
Just fancy tidying all the wiring up

Got to fit extuingisher and power cut off and bits anyway
And engine has to come out for a refresh and diff fitting
Might as well tidy the loom up at the same time

Just finished an epically long day of wiring :dead: Everything has seemed to be taking twice the amount of time it should do so I said today I wasn't going to sleep until I had finished the dash loom and was hoping for around midnight but just finished it now! Its a bit of a needed milestone as the wiring is really dragging on so now have got to finish the fuse/relay board and do an engine loom so fingers crossed by the end of the week that should be nearly done!

Everything else is pretty much good to go (apart from bleeding the brakes and hoping the callipers are fixed), the car will go for a couple of proper motorsport connectors fitting in a few places around the car, then off to Fred for the day to fabricate me a new gearlinkage bar and then a quick mapping session at RS-Tuning and it'll be good to go.

file_zps3a204dcb.jpg

I see nothing wrong there!

Hahahahahah. I seriously thing my home made botched together loom looks nicer than that
Good work on the new one though in seriousness mate - if that was my first ever loom I'd be well happy.
You've given me the courage to strip mine down and make a loom for it end of this year while the engine/gearbox is out

I see nothing wrong there!

Hahahahahah. I seriously thing my home made botched together loom looks nicer than that
Good work on the new one though in seriousness mate - if that was my first ever loom I'd be well happy.
You've given me the courage to strip mine down and make a loom for it end of this year while the engine/gearbox is out
LOL :)

I'd be happy if I paid for what i've managed now tbf its much better than I imagined it would look!

Everyone said to me thats its not difficult and I didn't believe them but it isnt really its just time consuming

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Good to see you putting all this time into it!!!

Hopefully when your on the track (and cutting corners) lol. it will all be worth it.

You doing French trophy or tintops?

Good to see you putting all this time into it!!!

Hopefully when your on the track (and cutting corners) lol. it will all be worth it.

You doing French trophy or tintops?
Thanks Mike :) Haha yes it should be! If its no quicker than last year after all the time and changes i'll be gutted lol

As Tony says I have registered for both series but the first race will be with the TT's at Cadwell

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Good going Ash, always makes me smile seeing things going right for you.

I'm literally gobsmacked at how much better the wiring is now when compared to that done by a professional *ahem* motorsport company.

I'm not sure if the biggest improvement in this thread is the car or yourself?
Seems you wouldn't do much at all before and yet now you're happy to tackled the majority of jobs most of which can be daunting at the best of times (let alone when you know you'll unearth more bodges)

Not only do you give it a go though, your workmanship is perfect, the car really is a credit to you mate.

Good going Ash, always makes me smile seeing things going right for you.

I'm literally gobsmacked at how much better the wiring is now when compared to that done by a professional *ahem* motorsport company.

I'm not sure if the biggest improvement in this thread is the car or yourself?
Seems you wouldn't do much at all before and yet now you're happy to tackled the majority of jobs most of which can be daunting at the best of times (let alone when you know you'll unearth more bodges)

Not only do you give it a go though, your workmanship is perfect, the car really is a credit to you mate.
Thanks Matt very kind :)

Haha yes its a bit of an improvement just got to hope it all works now lol!

I know what you mean I can't believe how far i've come in a year but i've enjoyed learning and now in theory I should be able to fix the car when it breaks (Hopefully a lot more infrequently than last season)

Thanks buddy :D
Amazing work there james, congrats. I know what you mean by therapeutic:)
Thanks Sonny! Yeah its actually a nice way to wind down