ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

I'v been looking into the French trophy as well. I will def aim for 2014 as car is not 100% ready. Also I would like to get to grips with all the UK circuits that they race at.

Ash, sounds like a good seasons racing there.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I checked tsl for Snettertons result today and there were no clio's in the tintops? I wonder if thats because of the circuit or cars not being ready ?

Lotus Elise
I checked tsl for Snettertons result today and there were no clio's in the tintops? I wonder if thats because of the circuit or cars not being ready ?

Likely because the performance disparity between the Hondas and everything else. Saying that, the first rounds are always missing a few due to delayed builds.

Ash, sounds like a good seasons racing there.
Thanks Sonny :)
Yes I was surprised there were none out, it was never my intension to do Snett anyway as its such a long way for me! I don't mind the circuit myself but just too far to go!
Likely because the performance disparity between the Hondas and everything else. Saying that, the first rounds are always missing a few due to delayed builds.
Could be, the new honda DC5 in the series won on Sunday so it's not just the Jordan one that was quick although it's not a million miles ahead of the others.

Race licence renewal done today, CSCC registration done and also the French Trophy one! Needed to get my licence sorted to be able to book test days so I will hopefully get some testing booked soon :) Afternoon of wiring now!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Race licence renewal done today, CSCC registration done and also the French Trophy one! Needed to get my licence sorted to be able to book test days so I will hopefully get some testing booked soon :) Afternoon of wiring now!

Got a schedule of which races you will be doing?

hopefully know by end of next week if we are exchanging contracts on this bungalow we want so might be local for a few more of them now!

Got a schedule of which races you will be doing?

hopefully know by end of next week if we are exchanging contracts on this bungalow we want so might be local for a few more of them now!
Plan is:

30th June Cadwell Park CSCC

3rd August Mallory Park French Trophy
24th August Donington CSCC
31st August Cadwell Park French Trophy *not 100%

21st September Oulton CSCC
28th September Oulton French Trophy *not 100%

Yes mate that will be great if so :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cool stuff, all pretty close to the new gaff. do you only race at circuits with "park" in their name or something though? lol

Just done mileages:
Oulton park: 93 miles / 2 hours
Cadwell park: 61 miles / 1.5 hours
Donnington Park: 26 miles / 45 mins
Mallory park: 44 miles / 1 hour

Certainly an improvement over current:
Oulton park: 195 miles / 3.25 hours
Cadwell park: 250 miles / 4.5 hours
Donnington ParK: 168 miles / 3 hours
Mallory park: 164 miles / 3 hours

So I'm going to definitely find it easier to follow you, not to mention be spoilt for choice for circuits as other ones I like to do are:

New gaff
Brands Hatch: 144 miles / 2.5 hours
Silverstone: 86 miles / 1.5 hours
Bedford: 77 / 1.5 hours

Old gaff
Brands Hatch: 178miles / 3.25 hours
Silverstone: 147 miles / 2.75 hours
Bedford: 202 miles / 3.5 hours

At the moment my best options for any track are:
Castle Combe: 68 miles / 1.5 hours
LLandow : 97 miles / 1.75 hours

At the new place they will be worse, but they are the only tracks we tend to do (other than very occasionally pembrey) that will be worse at the new place.
Castle Combe: 176 / 3 hours
Llandow : 212 / 3.5

Pretty happy with that, so fingers crossed it all goes through ok!

Cool stuff, all pretty close to the new gaff. do you only race at circuits with "park" in their name or something though? lol
Haha I didn't realise that myself but obviously I must do lol! Thats good news and we can finally settle this ITB v's Turbo debate round Donington ;)
ive just heard he's messing on the net for something for his own skip/car delete as required!
Ahhh the V6 is coming back to life is it... Good news :)
I saw your post on Track Attack. :D
I even included a photo of you ;)

340i

Just done mileages:
Oulton park: 93 miles / 2 hours
Cadwell park: 61 miles / 1.5 hours
Donnington Park: 26 miles / 45 mins
Mallory park: 44 miles / 1 hour

Certainly an improvement over current:
Oulton park: 195 miles / 3.25 hours
Cadwell park: 250 miles / 4.5 hours
Donnington ParK: 168 miles / 3 hours
Mallory park: 164 miles / 3 hours

So I'm going to definitely find it easier to follow you, not to mention be spoilt for choice for circuits as other ones I like to do are:

New gaff
Brands Hatch: 144 miles / 2.5 hours
Silverstone: 86 miles / 1.5 hours
Bedford: 77 / 1.5 hours

Old gaff
Brands Hatch: 178miles / 3.25 hours
Silverstone: 147 miles / 2.75 hours
Bedford: 202 miles / 3.5 hours

At the moment my best options for any track are:
Castle Combe: 68 miles / 1.5 hours
LLandow : 97 miles / 1.75 hours

At the new place they will be worse, but they are the only tracks we tend to do (other than very occasionally pembrey) that will be worse at the new place.
Castle Combe: 176 / 3 hours
Llandow : 212 / 3.5

Donnington is practically on your door step from your new gaff... 4 / 5 junctions down the M1

I can get there in less than 30mins :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Haha I didn't realise that myself but obviously I must do lol! Thats good news and we can finally settle this ITB v's Turbo debate round Donington ;)

Flol, will be interesting to see that one but obviously I dont think its going to be a great answer to the question of which is the better engine given the cars themselves arent exactly directly comparable unless you have recently installed a set of rear seats and a radio and road suspension etc.
Im sure you will win, but Im also sure I will get FAR closer to you than someone in a basic fast road car like mine minus the turbo would do :)
Either way Im certainly up for giving it a go! And its only you with anything to lose as imagine the shame for you if I beat your race car in a car that my mrs takes shopping, FLOL. (not that its going to happen of course!)

I genuinely dont have a clue which way it'd go so I wouldn't be ashamed if you beat me would just be an interesting experiment and good video :) Chop Chop and get moved up here lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ashamed! why? we both know it goes like a stabbed rat.

Lol, just banter mate, just cause im not a racing driver doesnt mean I cant use racing driver excuses like "you only beat me cause mine has a radio" and I will just forget about the extra 100lbft of torque I also have, lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Donnington is practically on your door step from your new gaff... 4 / 5 junctions down the M1

I can get there in less than 30mins :)

Its newark we are moving to now mate, the mansfield one didnt stand upto survey and newark was our first choice of area anyway I just let all those garages distract me, lol.

But yes still very close :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I can see some interesting trips to the coast when you're up at Newark..

Weekend back roads to Skegness, ITB's followed by boost ;)

Yes mate sounds good, and if we do it that way around at least the person following will be able to keep up, I would hate to drive off into the distance and forget you were trying to follow me if I was in front ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I got 3 last year in a 1.2 corsa, lol

Thats why I cant have a fast daily anymore, imagine how much worse that would be in an m3 not a 1.2 corsa, I just get carried away too easily, lol

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
In my youth we used to go for spirited blasts to Skegness from Lincoln and back again - just for something to do at night! Lol! Had some epic runs against gsxr 600's and 750's of that particular era as well along that road! We were all in big hp boost buses which helped out!

Unfortunately that road has just become over populated with gendarmes now. No surprise though really as its one of the of the most popular roads in Lincolnshire to wipe yourself out!!

That top road your talking about yeah it's utter shite these days

I live in the south end of Lincoln so these days do the back roads through woodhall spa and that direction - still some good roads

I do remember the friday/saturday night blasts to skegvegas on that top road though - was epic. It's impossible to do it these days without wiping a biker out

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sadly its quite common for selfish bikers to go around killing themselves without thinking about the impact that has on car enthusiasts being able to enjoy the good roads :(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
(offTopic)
Skegvegas.... ah, such happy memories. Some great back roads out that way from what I remember. I also knew a girl that way who could pedal well and she could go like clap! Or was that what she gave... never mind, it was a long time ago. Anyways, I wouldn't mind a drive out that way sometime as I haven't been to Skeggy for years.
(/offTopic)