ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We have been sent some Impreza Brembo calipers to refurb and someone has had a go at drilling a bleed nipple out and totally fcuked it up drilling it off centre and destroying the seat , so he picked up one of these off ebay , we will be fiitting the insert into the caliper by machining a 12 mm thread , will seal it with a copper washer , the bleed nipple is stainless as well.

If it fixes this caliper it will fix yours as well.

F6EBF8D0-37F8-4E0C-9738-816B8473F600-3934-0000028FF5F37C12_zpsa5f2042c.jpg

3507B8D2-D0D6-4D0A-B9EF-B2F3EEC26EAE-3934-0000028FF13F8944_zpsefde356b.jpg

​Cheers Ian

Are those the "nipple therapy" ones, they look quite good if you have enough space to take the thread out that far.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Really glad to see this is still going (reasonably) well for you mate.

Shame about the calipers but at least you have peace of mind now (and a big box of spares) :)

Flol cant afford a posh tv for the kitchen after spending every penny on this damn car ;)

Pffft what a hard life, can't afford a posh tv...I can't afford new socks this month once I've paid for my car repairs lol.

Really glad to see this is still going (reasonably) well for you mate.

Shame about the calipers but at least you have peace of mind now (and a big box of spares) :)

Pffft what a hard life, can't afford a posh tv...I can't afford new socks this month once I've paid for my car repairs lol.
Thanks buddy hope you are well! Yes unless they were definitely 100% it just wasn't worth risking.

Haha lol ;) the things we do ehh

Do we get to see a picture of you with a bead of sweat running down your brow like you're defusing a bomb while you tighten up the nipples on the new calipers? ;)
Flol! Nope ;) the new calipers were bought on the condition that I torque them to a figure they give me and then any future issues are alcons own problem :)

Cup In bits
Nip it then 7/12ths of a turn iirc.

Seriously though, the torque must be so small it will be too hard to achieve with any accuracy.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
The injector connections on the engines in work are 4nm...

its impossible to measure that accurately. Hopefully these nipples will be 10 ish, at least there's some feeling there

Does anyone know what the really slim and small dash is that some track clios have used in the past? I think they are from a previous Clio but I'm not finding anything on EBay :(

Finally got the chassis loom finished the other night
y4aravaj.jpg

Got 4 days off next week and by the end of it I need the car finished to the point its on the trailer and ready to go for the autosport connectors fitted to the loom and then mapping.

I'm half wanting to do the Cadwell day on the 30th May but already got a busy week then so will have to see! The end is in sight :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Got 4 days off next week and by the end of it I need the car finished to the point its on the trailer and ready to go for the autosport connectors fitted to the loom and then mapping.

I'm half wanting to do the Cadwell day on the 30th May but already got a busy week then so will have to see! The end is in sight :)

30th May? it'll never happen, lol

If it does though, let me know, im off work that day :)

105db Javelin day, I could maybe book on at last minute too. And we could play a game of fully trimmed road car versus race car, lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thats a shame, although TBH I need to be doing house moving in type stuff like building shelving in the garages etc that week anyway, so probably for the best!

There is space at mallory the day after though.

30th May? it'll never happen, lol

If it does though, let me know, im off work that day :)

105db Javelin day, I could maybe book on at last minute too. And we could play a game of fully trimmed road car versus race car, lol.
Haha it will! Hoping Will Pedley can sort me out for the connectors, Fred for my gearlinkage and then a couple of hours at Paul's :)

Would have been good fun but just seen Andy's comment about it being full :(

Its fully booked, was only £139 as well what a bummer as thats my day off as well.
Dohhh at least that means I can go out tonight instead of another lonely night in the garage :)
Looks nice and neat James.

Thanks Mark :)

Cup In bits
Top work as usual James. The dash you are looking for is from any lower model mk1 Clio or if you want the arch for the binnacle bigger then you want the mk1 16v dash top as it had extra guages in the centre.

Valver

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=140974802795&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=49111776579[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]There doesnt seem to be any lower model dash tops for sale, they work out nice though and afaik they screw into the bulkhead like the standard item.[/FONT]

Thanks Morgan yes I've had a few people PM me about them, I'm not sure if its going to go down far enough so I'm going to keep looking around for more pictures. I'm only after something to modify and then use to get a fibreglass one made.

What happens if you have a passenger in? Or are you going completely single seated this year?
I did think about cutting out the passenger seat rails but I decided to leave them in so that I can still take passenger out. It won't be ideal as there feet will be level with the bottom of the seat. When I have the passenger seat in I have a second false floor that fits onto of the standoff's for the bottom on so the electronics are kept out of harms reach :)

I'm such a pratt!

Went to fit the false floor for the drivers side last night and couldn't find it anywhere... now my garage is a slight bombsight at the moment but after over an hour searching I realised it wasn't there. Stupid me left it in the boot of the courtesy car I had last week. Spoke to the garage that gave me the courtesy car and apparently they don't go in the boot when they get a car back so its been given back out to a customer waiting for a new car so god knows how long they will have it, all the while its probably rattling around and getting damaged! Dohhhh

Can anyone help please? I need to know which pin on my alternator to wire my alternator warning light to? The dash says it wants to know 0v when its not charging so any of those metal studs okay?

Thanks

gyhe7aty.jpg