ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Lol, I'd say personally, taking the piss out of people for their money.

Lets hope that this thread gets recognised by most of cs, as tbh as clever as Matt is some of the stuff I've seen/heard the guy should be ashamed of himself!

+1

last weekend proved that James can drive a RACE CAR

Evo 5 RS
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

What are TDFs strengths, is their core compentency electronics / engine calibration?

Yep, mainly. Matt Faulks has a huge background and knows more than most people on the subject. And from my experience with him a really top bloke. It's a real shame that it's panned out this way and put his COMPANY in bad light and left James out of pocket. Tis not on

Yep, mainly. Matt Faulks has a huge background and knows more than most people on the subject. And from my experience with him a really top bloke. It's a real shame that it's panned out this way and put his COMPANY in bad light and left James out of pocket. Tis not on

You seem to be trying to differentiate the man with the company - where it was the man who built this car

I suspect it was just a very rushed build where he has other priorities - another case of over-promising and under-delivering

Evo 5 RS

Was it

Not trying to justify how the car was left btw, I can totally side with James with what has happened on his car!

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

You seem to be trying to differentiate the man with the company - where it was the man who built this car

I suspect it was just a very rushed build where he has other priorities - another case of over-promising and under-delivering

Agreed, thats how it sounds, lets face it Matt is an extremely clever bloke with a massive amount of experience of these cars, so any failings can only have been down to lack of commitment not lack of ability.

Still on the plus side, James has now got what he wanted from the beginning, an epic little race car, and I am sure Fred@BTM will do a cracking job of keeping it that way.

No point turning the thread into a slanging match really I reckon.

Evo 5 RS

You reckon right, no point at all! All's well that ends well

Sorry I don't want to sit here and ignore people but equally I don't want to keep discussing TDF! For my car TDF are in the past and that will never change so I have no desire to be sat here talking/slating them. Yes I am not happy about any of it but thats life, have learnt my lesson the hard way and tough s**t on my behalf. As people have said either on here or via messages and phone calls the car is now getting to the point I expected in November of last year and I am really happy with the results. I owe Fred and BTM massively for all there hard work to get the car on track and the favours they have done for me and that certainly won't be forgotten on my part :) (Even though I still dont agree with him on the cooling :butt: but thats just customers perogative and i'm sure he wouldn't want it any other way ;) haha lol)

Evo 5 RS

Learning the hard way is the best way!

Ohhhh what's done is done heeeey yeeeeah.

Marina Chello. Definitely would.

Anyway...

Watched the race vid last night looks like a lot of fun and some great driving.

Pretty amazing fastest lap from you as well looking at the timings.

Thanks Mark yes it was good fun :)

It has given me some confidence and along with basic tweaks that I know need to be done it should be flying along!

I'm looking forward to Oulton should be fun

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Make sure there is a passenger seat in it for the ring trip :)

Make sure there is a passenger seat in it for the ring trip :)
I was going to say of course there will be but seen as how I'm going straight from the Oulton race down to the ferry I would have totally forgotten lol :) Will add it to my packing list!

Lionel Richie

the 5th testament

after the apocalypse, the Lords deciples were dazed and confused, they looked to the Lord and said "what shall we do?" The Lord turned to his aide and said "shall we help these mortals?" His aide Zoltan the great scratched his head in deep thought for a while, his reponse filled the mortals with fear! "What the f**k, if i did this i s**t in my hand" The Lord still hasn't got the foggiest idea what this means!

The Lord said it shall be done, i will perform a miracle! I will need some green bottles containing a liquid made from hops and some small boxes containing paper sticks, in front of their eyes the Lord made these green bottles and paper sticks disappear!

The miracle was done, oh and the cars got fixed too, so endeth the reading

Evo 5 RS

You know you're not meant to swear on the bible don't you

the 5th testament

after the apocalypse, the Lords deciples were dazed and confused, they looked to the Lord and said "what shall we do?" The Lord turned to his aide and said "shall we help these mortals?" His aide Zoltan the great scratched his head in deep thought for a while, his reponse filled the mortals with fear! "What the f**k, if i did this i s**t in my hand" The Lord still hasn't got the foggiest idea what this means!

The Lord said it shall be done, i will perform a miracle! I will need some green bottles containing a liquid made from hops and some small boxes containing paper sticks, in front of their eyes the Lord made these green bottles and paper sticks disappear!

The miracle was done, oh and the cars got fixed too, so endeth the reading
Hahaaaa pmsl mate! I still love the fact Zoltan said that :)

Cracked me up!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

I dont spy any BTM stickers on your car ash.....tut tut tut ;)

Clio 172

Nice write up James. And some great sensor cooking tips.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

As always, a continually interesting read...! :D

I'm glad things are coming together, James. With all the time, money, blood, sweat and tears you've ploughed into this it's great to see you're well and truly on the way. Long may it continue. :D

On a different subject... I'm liking that fabricated/custom header tank a couple pages back. With my ITB setup I seem to suffer with a very hot engine. Even a short spirited drive will see the contents of the tank bubbling away and God knows how it hasn't blown itself apart yet!

Cup In bits

On a different subject... I'm liking that fabricated/custom header tank a couple pages back.

It looks like a baileys header tank mate, easily available. James can confirm tho.

Cup In bits

Are you sure your not confusing it with his power steering reservoir??

My bad, it is an alloy p/steering tank. I was speaking from memory of his bay, I thought he had a bailey header tank.

Bailey is what your looking for sharky if you want alloy tank.

I'm glad things are coming together, James. With all the time, money, blood, sweat and tears you've ploughed into this it's great to see you're well and truly on the way. Long may it continue. :D

On a different subject... I'm liking that fabricated/custom header tank a couple pages back. With my ITB setup I seem to suffer with a very hot engine. Even a short spirited drive will see the contents of the tank bubbling away and God knows how it hasn't blown itself apart yet!
Thanks Andy :)

Haha yes thank you! I suppose with a car like this it will always be full of highs and lows and i'm certainly used to the lows :)

Do you mean the square one on the black car or the circular one? If so then as below that is my PAS tank :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

My bad, it is an alloy p/steering tank. I was speaking from memory of his bay, I thought he had a bailey header tank.

Bailey is what your looking for sharky if you want alloy tank.
Thanks mate - will take a look. :D

Thanks Andy :)

Haha yes thank you! I suppose with a car like this it will always be full of highs and lows and i'm certainly used to the lows :)

Do you mean the square one on the black car or the circular one? If so then as below that is my PAS tank :)
Sorry for the confusion - I should have been clearer! I was referring to the black car mate. :D

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

We used to put them on the g/box to see how hot box temps where getting, top and bottom of the rad, on the diff although we had an oil pump and oil cooler fitted for the diff oil and even on the inside floor of the car as the exhausts used to make it so hot inside the car.

We would paint the brake discs with this, that would then tell us what brake pad compounds where best to use or if we need to add more cooling/cold air to the brakes.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/brake-accessories/a-p-racing-temperature-paint-kit

Scott

With regards on the cooling we used to have these stuck on our Aston race car http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/karti...re-indicators/racetech-temperature-indicators

Just a thought, might be of some help and the sticker dont lie.

Scott
Thanks for that Scott I might get some of those then and can keep an eye on everything :)
Sorry for the confusion - I should have been clearer! I was referring to the black car mate. :D
No worries mate :) Gray said it was from Merlin motorsport and I found it on there site for £64 so not too expensive :)

Had a few productive days over the weekend working on the car and now it's all set for testing in a few hours :) Will update with pics of what I have been upto on Tuesday!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

You thought about fitting oil cooler to help cool engine?

It's always had one Mike until the donny race but it was leaking from the rad part and was in a vulnerable place :( I do have it on my list for Oulton but the list is adding up lol! Fingers crossed tomorrow goes well :) Think I had better get a couple of hours sleep before I have to be up at 6.30 lol!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Just seen your car on fb.

did you get a wire mesh to put in from of that rad. Before you get a stone in there and cause damage?

Wakey, wakey! :)
Haha ;) Unfortunlty it's been cancelled as the circuit is flooded :( Back to bed for me now lol
You will look 60 by the time your 21 :rasp:
Haha cheeky git :slap: lol
Just seen your car on fb.

did you get a wire mesh to put in from of that rad. Before you get a stone in there and cause damage?
I ordered some from Ebay but it still hasn't arrived, I now see what you mean as there were stones stuck in it even just after the race!