ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I want to see the video of you gaining about 30 places in. 15 mins. That's like 3 overtakes every single lap. Must be epic :)

Megane r26
A great picture of all the clios before the final race :)

asejaby6.jpg

Thanks Dan for the photo!

No worries James, had a good day yesterday despite the weather. And again congratulations, you really drove the wheels off it in that 3rd race!

Thanks everyone for all the kind words, yesterday was a great end to the year! My aim for this year was to get a win and I managed it :) It's been a competitive year really for me and the car! With class pole in the first two races and then 2nd in quali yesterday (behind the car on race wets lol). Learnt alot as can be expected being relatively inexperienced, but I think I have learnt from my mistakes and look forward to any future racing I do :) The gearbox cracking a few times was the only real reliability issue but the new box seems okay so fingers crossed that is now ticked off the list.

Once again I have to thank everyone who was involved in me getting out for the races yesterday the car felt amazing all day! It really paid me back for all the hours that have gone into it! Slightly gutted I didn't get to feel the pace of the car in the dry on the dunlops but I messed up going into the craners on the first lap and that put paid to race 2. This then gave me alot of fun in race 3. It hammered down with rain before the race so put the increasingly worn 888's on, I went into the race knowing I needed to finish (need the signatures) and also I NEED the car in one piece. I had a very steady start to the race from I think 36th place and by the old hairpin was still in last place, it was mayhem and I wasn't going to be a first lap hero (learnt from race 2) managed to get past a few cars but then into the final corner hardly any brakes and went straight off so back down to last (We de glazed the pads before the race and I obviously didn't bed them back enough on the green flag lap) So then I decided to stop messing about and crack on! Obviously had a pace advantage over the cars at the back but the conditions weren't ideal for heavily worn 888's. Had a hoot and managed to get upto 6th with the 3rd fastest lap of the race behind the car on race wets and a 4wd impreza.

So happy!

Unfortunately as said before I think that is the end of me racing certainly for a fair while. At least it has finished on a high and I can look back at some great memories from the last two years.

I'm not sure if the car will be out next year with someone else driving it, i've had quite a few people ask about it but at the end of the day I doubt it really. The car isn't going to be going anywhere though so it's parked up in the garage and will be used as and when I can afford to do a trackday or 2 :) I am doing Cadwell on the 3rd November with a few good friends of mine and then also Croft on the 7th which will be good and then hopefully doing the ring and Spa again next year in it so it will still get used. It's also going to be made road legal for a few weeks and take the drive over to Le Mans which will be a real laugh so plenty of good things still to come.

Plenty of other things changing too as Sophie has got a job down south so I am relocating down to Milton Keynes in a few weeks which will be a new experience for me, i've still got family and a house for sale up near Leeds so i'm sure i'll still spend plenty of time up this way and that is where the clio is kept so won't be able to neglect it for too long :)

Thats it for a write up of the race day I think not much else to say i'll try and find some photo's and have a look if the video's worked :)

Lastly thanks to everyone on here for all the support over the last few years been lots and lots of lows and without the people on this forum and the facebook page I doubt I would still have the car! Fred@BTM has been an utter legend throughout I know he's a mega busy guy but has always been on the end of the phone whenever I have needed something and the same goes for all the other friends I have made along the way I can't list them all but they know who they are :) It's weird as Sophie always jokes about my 'clio friends' but some of my best friends are people I have met through the forum!

file_zps7420812a.jpg

(Simon @ SprayShack) Sorry to hear that you wont be racing next year james, but what a superb end to the year with a very deserved win. Many thanks for all the photos you posted of the car etc and i hope hear it will be racing soon again.

Cheers,
Si @ SS

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol @ "clio friends" it does sound ridiculous to normal people.

But its mental how many of us who will probably be life long friends have met through car forums!

Glad you got your win, shame if you cant race for a couple of years though due to money :(

Megane r26
Haha my missus also uses the term 'Clio friends' but yesterday she saw what it was all about and that we have a good crack.

Well done again James and cheers for a top day :)

Shame about the racing for the time being but at least the cars still gonna get some use. As soon as helen heard the words le mans and Fred mention vodka and I mention the fact I'd like to do it she's now getting very worried haha

(Simon @ SprayShack) Sorry to hear that you wont be racing next year james, but what a superb end to the year with a very deserved win. Many thanks for all the photos you posted of the car etc and i hope hear it will be racing soon again.

Cheers,
Si @ SS
Hi Simon :) Thank you ever so much for the support Sprayshack have given me over the last couple of years it really does help out so thank you! Best of luck with the new venture and I look forward to speaking soon no doubt.
But its mental how many of us who will probably be life long friends have met through car forums!
Yes I know very true :)
Well done again James and cheers for a top day :)
Thanks for coming and the help with the car Dan really appreciated it!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Congratulations James, you deserve the success after all the effort you have put in. Hopefully you are back out in the car soon!

WRX
Quick view of James on a detour/mission from another vid.
[video=youtube_share;8QQRFHvV_dQ]http://youtu.be/8QQRFHvV_dQ[/video]

What made you come off into the pits James in race 2? Looked okay from the vid, though I know that doesn't tell a lot.
As Tony says where the car went sideways through the grass then gravel the front wheel was completely full and so were some of the others this led to massive vibrations and didn't want to risk it so after 1 lap decided to pull in. In hindsight I should of stayed out but the vibrations would of knackered the top mount bearing, wheel bearing etc I imagine as it felt pretty violent in the car. I came in cleared it all out but by the time I pulled back into the pitlane the flag dropped.

Also gravel was stuck between the wheel and calliper and its actually done a fair bit of damage to both :( wasn't sounding nice lol

As Tony says where the car went sideways through the grass then gravel the front wheel was completely full and so were some of the others this led to massive vibrations and didn't want to risk it so after 1 lap decided to pull in. In hindsight I should of stayed out but the vibrations would of knackered the top mount bearing, wheel bearing etc I imagine as it felt pretty violent in the car. I came in cleared it all out but by the time I pulled back into the pitlane the flag dropped.

Also gravel was stuck between the wheel and calliper and its actually done a fair bit of damage to both :( wasn't sounding nice lol

Ah got ya, that's fair enough mate. Sounds like a good weekend though, if the weather hadn't of been so shite, my back doing my head in and me being grumpy as I wasn't on the grid myself I'd have travelled up to watch.

Nick

Ah got ya, that's fair enough mate. Sounds like a good weekend though, if the weather hadn't of been so s**te, my back doing my head in and me being grumpy as I wasn't on the grid myself I'd have travelled up to watch.

Nick
Yes I did say to someone it was a shame you weren't there! I'll come along and watch you race at somepoint next year :)
No worries race cars are so much cleaner haha.

Plus I couldn't just stand there and watch you and Fred!
I try my best to keep it clean and presentable as like you say it's much easier to work on/inspect

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Nice end to the season "Clio Friend" lol If you want to stop it going rusty in the garage theres a nice little hillclimb near Leeds if you want me to keep it in running order.

I am sure that you will find a way to get racing next year mate, dont give up !!