ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Just got in from work and tomorrow is my only day off before Donington so the car is booked in at 2.30 for the geo doing! The car is currently still in a million bits with the gearbox and engine removed! Massive thanks to Fred for building the engine on Wednesday as a bit of a rush job! I am just heading down to the garage for what I think will be a very late night :( I'm already shattered!

Proper update will happen during the week if I get time!

Thanks
James :)

Good luck James. ProPlus and Red Bull?
I don't like either :( Unless the redbull is with Jagermiester and that probably wouldn't be a good idea tonight lol!
Good luck mate.

Get pumping the Rocky theme tune in the garage for a bit of encouragement lol!
Thanks Martin, Yes tunes will be pumping to try and keep me awake lol! The sound of it firing to life at around 6am will be good for me and then a quick watch of the F1 before finishing the car off! What more could you want..... oh yes sleep :(

qa7uhutu.jpg

Getting there :)

Realised I don't have any oil so not going to be able to fire it up and also don't have any fueling/knock stuff at home so probably not really safe to run the engine for long. Might have to cancel the geo and have a lay in lol

Have you adjusted the cam timing atall? If not you should be fine to do a start and low engine speed without the issue of det, it can't be *that* different to the last engine to cause det.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You wally, why didnt you just call me and me and Les could have come and helped you again last night, not to mention I could have brought det cans and a wideband with me for you to borrow.

You really do need to start getting at please half as good at accepting favours from people as you are at doing favours for people!

Dan, the reason he is worried about knock is the new lump is higher CR, although Im sure his current one isnt mapped right to the edge of det on tickover anyway TBH.

Have you adjusted the cam timing atall? If not you should be fine to do a start and low engine speed without the issue of det, it can't be *that* different to the last engine to cause det.
Yes cam timing has been changed along with a slight change in CR as chip has said.
You wally, why didnt you just call me and me and Les could have come and helped you again last night, not to mention I could have brought det cans and a wideband with me for you to borrow.

You really do need to start getting at please half as good at accepting favours from people as you are at doing favours for people!

Dan, the reason he is worried about knock is the new lump is higher CR, although Im sure his current one isnt mapped right to the edge of det on tickover anyway TBH.
I was thinking that last night but didn't want to impose as you are busy enough :) thanks for the thought though mate!

Yes I think it will be okay at tick over but it would be nice to have a proper drive and check everything is okay.

Megane r26
Coming together James, well done for pulling out the stops in such a small time frame. If I was a little closer I'd happily lend a hand.

Let's hope the weather improves for next weekend its currently pissing down here.

What day will you be arriving at donnington?

Coming together James, well done for pulling out the stops in such a small time frame. If I was a little closer I'd happily lend a hand.

Let's hope the weather improves for next weekend its currently pissing down here.

What day will you be arriving at donnington?
Thanks Dan :) yes I certainly hope so as Donny is a slippery track in the wet.

The plan was Friday but need to see what happens with geo and dyno time :)
Well done buddy, keep at the good work.
Thanks mate :)

So all done and ready to fire up and the starter is dead :( so annoying! Thankfully I have a spare so will swap that over after I've eaten some dinner.

e4u9ute7.jpg

I've found and had to replace a damaged driveshaft and also an upper engine mount but thankfully had them all in 'stock' as spares.

Megane r26
Thanks Dan :) yes I certainly hope so as Donny is a slippery track in the wet.

The plan was Friday but need to see what happens with geo and dyno time :)

Thanks mate :)

What days race day James? I'd love to come up Friday but stuck at work, only 10 minutes from donnington.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I've found and had to replace a damaged driveshaft

I told you them modified hubs were s**t didn't I. I just can't believe that everything else around them got damaged pretty much, but yet they came out of it all unscathed. What an utterly pointless modification they were. You should've known better mangina.

Ive never done cadwell, so not sure how easy or hard it is yet, will be fun finding out :)

I absolutely loved it - I can see why they call it the mini-ring, it's got lots of up and downs and corners you can link together.
There is an epic potential for f**k-up there though, there's no run off at all. I just smashed a wing mirror off on my first day but it could easily have been the whole side of the car lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I absolutely loved it - I can see why they call it the mini-ring, it's got lots of up and downs and corners you can link together.
There is an epic potential for f**k-up there though, there's no run off at all. I just smashed a wing mirror off on my first day but it could easily have been the whole side of the car lol

Sounds good to me mate.

Doesnt matter if I crash, im in the wifes car so cant harm mine, lol.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I would 100% get an instructor for Cadwell you won't believe how much quicker it will make you as well!

Clio 172 + 172 cup
I really enjoy Cadwell, there are a good variety of corners but it isn't so long that it takes ages to learn. Here is a video of me testing some kit there in wet conditions, so not exactly thrashing it around, but at least you get to see what the track looks like.

MC

Last edited by a moderator:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Epic overlay the RT stuff with the steering angle and brake pressure sensor etc, shame its a bit pricey to do for us mere trackday enthusiasts.

Cup In bits
£500 for a dash 2 Chip, £50 for a lead and then some more depending what sensors you want. You spend more in two track days I bet.

Is that got tyre temp readout on the overlay too, don't understand what the four tyres are representing?