ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to waste 40k

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
40k is ridiculous money but so are some peoples comments on here. AFAIK an Audi A5 convertible is much slower, an S5 starts at 46k. Caterham R500, very practical to use everyday isn't it? What other performance convertibles are there for 40k brand new?

tumblr_mbzxt23X8c1r3zat8.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
40k is ridiculous money but so are some peoples comments on here. AFAIK an Audi A5 convertible is much slower, an S5 starts at 46k. Caterham R500, very practical to use everyday isn't it? What other performance convertibles are there for 40k brand new?

Hardly slow with a 0-60 of 6.4 seconds,
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...w/page/1/radius/200/postcode/b179bw?logcode=p

BMW 135, 0-60 5.5 seconds
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../1/advert-type/standard-listing?logcode=ucnnp

BMW 335, 0-60 5.7 seconds
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...00/advert-type/standard-listing?logcode=ucnnp

BMW Z4
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...w/postcode/b179bw/radius/200/page/2?logcode=p

Merc E350
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...w/page/8/radius/200/postcode/b179bw?logcode=p

TTRS, 172 Cup track
this car makes me cry, VW realised their hot hatch prices where getting out of hand so its good to see that the next generation of their hot metal have either got cheaper or atleast not more expensive.

An orange one
I can think of at least 2183 other cars I would buy before that thing at £40k

Really VW... Actually really??

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
£40,000

I'm a massive VW fan, and think thats a good looking car. But the new Golf GTI is getting epic reviews, looks sensational and starts at £26,000. WHY WOULD YOU BUY THAT.

Lotus Elise

​You're funny.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Totally shocking price for a golf.

Seriously if anyone actually spends more than 20k on a golf they need their head reading.

Leasing is the way forward with cars like this.

Clio 197 f1
first i see how much it is that for a golf is just silly money and then i noticed its an AUTO! :slap:

53 Clio's & counting
For a laugh pop on VW's website and do the configurator.

Standard Golf R - £38,770

Add metallic paint, Sat nav plus a few other bits and pieces and you go well past 43k :S

Mini 1000/172/Leon
Don't even get sat nav as standard specified up this is 42k when an Audi S5 cabrio is what 46k it's a f**king joke

Anyone that buys this car deserves to be shot it is not even 4wd either so no better than a mapped GTI really...

Biggest joke is as the back seats are pretty small i.e. irrelevant you can get a brand new Porsche Boxter for over £1,000 less!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
And they'll still sell more than that Megane Convertible monstrosity!

dk

911 GTS Cab
i love how people like to compare a new new car price to a second hand one, never gets old!

cars are getting more expensive remember, if id said in 2005 that in 2013 we'd have a 20k clio sport 200 you'd have called me crazy, the 16k megane sport from 2007 is now knocking on 30k in 2013, what was a golf R32 6 or 7 years ago?

DB.

BMW 440i
i love how people like to compare a new new car price to a second hand one, never gets old!

cars are getting more expensive remember, if id said in 2005 that in 2013 we'd have a 20k clio sport 200 you'd have called me crazy, the 16k megane sport from 2007 is now knocking on 30k in 2013, what was a golf R32 6 or 7 years ago?

In my defence I was trying to find used examples of about 12 months old for quite a bit less than the £40k, as they would have been £40k when new.

EG. A fully specc'd BMW 135 coupe is £40k brand new. (I haven't configured it all myself online, honest :eek: )

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Whats spelling got to do with this thread,i couldnt care less what my english looks like.Stop trolling or say something useful.

Listerine & Poledo
And a box-fresh R-convertible has 3 years of warranty and seats that no-one else's farts have been burnt into.

Just saying, usual CS logic
"Don't buy that new car, silly, just but a completely different car, used"

If no-one bought new cars, there wouldn't be any used ones later.

If have that golf though..... In 3 years ;)

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
And a box-fresh R-convertible has 3 years of warranty and seats that no-one else's farts have been burnt into.

Just saying, usual CS logic
"Don't buy that new car, silly, just but a completely different car, used"

If no-one bought new cars, there wouldn't be any used ones later.

If have that golf though..... In 3 years ;)

I tried to put this point across on multiple threads, always get shot down. CS logic thinks all people who buy brand new cars are retards as there is always a better car 1-100 years old. You could apply CS logic to CS members cars, why have they bought a 5 year old car, when theres a 7 year old car thats better etc etc etc

People will buy the Golf R Convertible, it will sell. People have spent this sorta money on an Audi A1 or new Mini!

Suzuki Swift Sport
Regardless of cost / spec, why would you want a Golf GTI with no roof and a lack of structural rigidity!

FF 182
there seems to be a few cars coming out with that 4 link rear suspension, The new astras that sell have them, personally dont see the need on an astra lol

172 Cup
there seems to be a few cars coming out with that 4 link rear suspension, The new astras that sell have them, personally dont see the need on an astra lol

The best thing they could do to improve the handling on any of these new cars is to remove unnecessary lard. I believe the Insignia VXR is 1700kg+.....that's ludicrously heavy for a 4 door saloon!

Last edited: