ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to waste 40k

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A quick fwd car with a bodykit. Needed 4wd but they couldn't do it.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I like the Scirocco R tbh. I'd have one over a Megane.

3130ht4.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I seen one on the way to work (Sciroc R) and was thinking about it, must be a bloody handful on anything but dry terrain!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
£40k? BMW M135i + Hyundai i10 for shopping please!

Fabia VRS & Yeti
It is steep but people will buy them.
There are loads of those hideous RR Evoque things around my area and they are even worse vfm!
It's only car enthusiasts that will see the wasted opportunity of £40k gone to waste.

Evo 5 RS
40k is ridiculous money but so are some peoples comments on here. AFAIK an Audi A5 convertible is much slower, an S5 starts at 46k. Caterham R500, very practical to use everyday isn't it? What other performance convertibles are there for 40k brand new?

....Seriously?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Seems like vw UK have been reading Cliosport......... Car now reduced by nearly 6k to 33k, much more respectable, nearly seems like a bargain now!

Volkswagen has reduced the price of the Golf R Cabriolet to £33,170

Volkswagen has announced that it has cut the price of its flagship Golf R Cabriolet by £5,600. The new figure is effective immediately, although VW’s website might take a little time to update, and takes the cost of a Golf R to £33,170.

That means the Golf R Cabriolet is priced much closer, and more realistically, to the £29,755 starting price of the Golf GTI Cabriolet, and drops it below the £38,237 Porsche charges for the entry-level Boxster.

A VW spokesman told us that the price was set by the factory in Germany mid-last year, before VW’s UK product team had its annual chance to negotiate the prices charged here.

However, the decision was taken to offer the car in the UK as a halo model for the Golf line-up, with VW UK deciding that the car should form part of the range, despite the price.

The new cost is “the price we’d have liked it to be, and where it should have been.”

The spokesman added that there are “a handful” of customers who have bought the R Cabriolet at the earlier asking price of £38,770 who will be refunded the difference.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
That will be nice for the existing customers'. Although they clearly don't need that money back if they're stupid enough to pay it in the first place.