ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Badge removal gone wrong ... Advise please

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Il let the pic do the talking . Removed both rear badges today to fix the new style renault sport and while removing the renault badge the paint also came with it. A mess is left behind :-(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 440

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'm thinking your going to better off trying to find a new tailgate in RB rather than paying for a respray? Then again I may be talking out my Harris.

Clio 172 Ph1
I put money on that someone super glued them back on previously.

Get the boot repainted is your best option.

172 cup
omg massive fail.

did u heat up the badges if not what the fook was used to glue them down.

can you not put the badges back on and find a touch up pen to go round edges???

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
They didn't come off in one piece so that option is gone and I also put the new £35 quid badge on the clio side first. So that will be wasted to. I think your right about the super glue seems like that tbh. Any point doing a touch up and trying to polish it in alittle?

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Looks like a respray then... Yea well if I can remove the new style badge and get it resprayed and then reattach it. Any idea what to expect to pay for a respray ? Thanks guys

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
To paint that properly you won't see much change out of £200.

What a gutter!!

172 cup
get a heat gun to remove your new badge this time though and yeah respray which is gonna be around 150-200 mark i think maybe cheaper.

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Only got the car to. And have been throwing money at it since! Only myself to blame for this one...

B*gger, always use the string technique for cutting them off!. Saving grace is its RB, probably one of the easiest colours to match to, we would be £150 + VAT if you were a tad more local!......

Please dont on the drive *smart* repair that........you'll end up with a car covered in over spray and probably flaking paint a few years on.

~£30 for a second hand boot.............but finding it in the right colour..........rockinghorse poop.

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Already has the badge removed so you wont mess it up again :rasp:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it was me, i'd get a GB badge to cover it up for the time being.

Get it painted once the weathers improved.

lucky boy, renparts are awesome, mind you have to cut the loom right?, unless i was strapped for £ id be spraying it. £15 to deliver that though and get it there in one piece is highly optimistic lol, corner reinforcers, half roll of bubble wrap, and might have a chance. We had one delivered to us recenty, packed well, still rolled the lip on the lower edge.

Last edited:
Piece of piss - tie some string to the passenger heater connector - and to the lock/wiper connector - pull them out then just tape the string in place
When you want to re-fit just tie the string to the loom and use it to pull the loom back in

Had the boot off mine a few times now for roll cage fitting and interior paint :)

might try that aswell, I like the string thing, as the string cuts the glue foam stuff like a saw, anything that trys to lever the badge off could end in tears esp if its been repainted andthe primer not sanded before base coat or some other reason for poor adhesion.

Never heard of this..

Normally just used a card and some hot water