ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are you happy with your car?

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Im more then happy with my current car but I dont feel connected to it like I did my 182. Me and my 182 had a lot of drive way time.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
attached to the 172, wont sell it, said that with my previous one and ended up selling it, only to have the ph1 a few months later! so this ones staying!

the GT DCi is just a work horse however i love it, it does everything i expected it to and it does it well

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Still love mine 4 years on apart from the odd time it needs something doing. When you get it back tip top again it's like the first time you got it though so all's good:D.
4 years on and I still can't think of a better car for the overall running costs/performance...

no, i f**king hate mine. but alas im in a position where i cant really afford to fix her 100% nor leave her and when she works and is clean my heart melts so im stuck.

i need to get a life.

182FF
Had a 172cup(best car ive owned) now have a r53 mcs, miss my clio so much im selling the cooper s for a trophy/cup :)

Clio 182 FF cup'd
I do love my 182, But sometimes i just wish it was a 197 :( From every angle the 197's are beautiful but because i wanted the best of everything I wouldn’t settle for a lesser spec model.. Hence me buying a low mileage 182 with almost every option, The Smiles per gallon i get out way the amount of money I throw at it on a monthly basis.. After a Recent trackday the damn brake squeal has become so horrendous its come to the point where i don’t want to use the brakes anymore :eek:

Owned my clio for a year and a half now and i still love it and enjoy driving it the way it looks and the 'scene' so to speak. But i am really wanting something else maybe not to replace the clio but to have as well as. Something jap and rear wheel drive:).

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Mostly.
I do a fair bit of window shopping but I don't think many cars can beat the trophy as an all rounder.. and certainly not as a replacement (I would have to get a second car).
could be a case of 'the grass greener'.. I'll be in the trophy for at least another 18months.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I bought my 182 in April, it was abit if a shed tbh. It is a little project of mine that I'm determined to make mint. ££££ later and it's getting there now. I have fixed 90% of things that were wrong with it, I have the front wheel bearings to change and the suspension and possibly a wheel refurb and i should be happy with it then.

I do love the 182 though, I loved it when I picked it up. I'll love it more when I have got it how I want it.

I was always happy with my Clio 182 despite it being a f**king shed. It was always good fun, and pretty reliable in spite of the fact that it almost constantly felt like it was going to break. It took some abuse on track as well, and never killed anything other than consumables.

I only got rid of it because I wanted something with a step up in performance and far better load carrying ability. And something that was engineered properly. Just little things like full-lock steering geometry that doesn't make the wheels hop sideways whilst the suspension mechanicals scrape the insides of the turrets. Rolf.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yep - it's now seven years since I ordered it too. :)

It's the little things that I tend to notice. It's got 90k on the clock now - needs a replacement track-rod end (amongst other bits) and definitely another PC'ing. But I washed it for the first time in weeks yesterday (and trust me - it was CAKED in s**t!) and had a quick drive afterwards. It's no supercar by any stretch of the imagination, but it just feels like a great little car to drive. Even after all these years, I get back into the 182 at work after driving one of the anonymous-mobiles and feel like going for a blat out somewhere.

Given it's relatively low value now as well, I doubt I'll sell it either...

D.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
no, i f**king hate mine. but alas im in a position where i cant really afford to fix her 100% nor leave her and when she works and is clean my heart melts so im stuck.

i need to get a life.

This. Bang on. It wil get there in time but just now its doing my head in!

Italian 3.2 V6
Epic balls mate. I 'd love a little kit car but alas, I dont have a garage at the minute so its a no go...

Do you use it as a daily or just a weekend toy?

Cheers, I try to use it as much as I can but it's hard as it's not kept at my home for security reasons.

I wasn't but I spent all day yesterday fitting a new interior/putting everything back to standard and it looks really nice.

Gonna miss it when it goes in two weeks :/

koi

Audi S1
Had it for 3 years now and still happy with it. Given that they go for peanuts these days there's no point selling.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmmm good question, Dawn.

Very would be the answer but like 99% of this forum I look at PH a lot. I still can't really see anything i'd be happy to replace it with.

The parts are ridiculously expensive that's really the only downside I can think of but i've yet to be in anything that tickles my balls as much. Since fitting my de-cat and 100 million other new parts it really does feel like a new car so i'm happy again for a while.

Any other cars I look at have a lot of plus points but when that warm dry day comes I know i'd miss the FRP like mad. It's a f**king hoot.

The winter is coming though... It was fine last year but sometimes you just worry!

Mini Cooper S
Happy with how my Cooper S drives and looks, not happy with the fuel economy and the backache it gives me.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
when it works, yeh, when im driving it, yeh

when its in the garage broke, or im not driving it, i cant be arsed with it.

its only a shopping car after all.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I will be when the steering creaking is fixed.

The only thing I don't like about the clio is the constant worry that something will break, but *touch wood* so far it's been spot on. Had it a year now; time's flown by!

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I guess I'm happy with it. I bought the wrong car though really, I mainly do city driving these days and a 172 is a c**t for that.