ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch cables keep snapping

Big_joe

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

I keep snapping clutch cables on my 182 Trophy, wondered if anyone had any ideas what might be causing it?

The first one snapped shortly after it had a new engine fitted and was a genuine renault one and only a couple of years old.

The second genuine one has just snapped in only a couple of hundred miles now. Both snapped where the cable attaches to the clutch arm.

The clutch has about 40k miles on it I believe, and feels fairly heavy but not excessively so. I should have put a new one in while the engine was out really. I haven't had the car long so I don't know what they normally feel like but have read they're always fairly heavy? Each time they've snapped there has been no change in clutch pedal feel, just gone with no warning.

Any ideas give me a shout, cheers

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They're all s**t. My box and clutch was new and it did a genuine cable in about 14month. Original lasted 18 years.

Think I've got a spare you can buy?