ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I have found another plugin that works just as well as IF did and has as much content as it did before megaupload went down. Seeing as were not allowed to mention such content, PM me and i will supply you with a link.

I have found another plugin that works just as well as IF did and has as much content as it did before megaupload went down. Seeing as were not allowed to mention such content, PM me and i will supply you with a link.

Cheers for the link.

It's ok, but I'm having a few problems, much like the other topics have been mentioning on their site.

Might be different for macs. But using Cyberduck on windows. I went to:
/private/var/mobile/library/preferences/XBMC/userdata

Download/Open the file in there called advancedsettings.xml

Edit the file so it reads like this (I used MS word)
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

save it (make sure its .xml file still) Then drag it back across to:
/private/var/mobile/library/preferences/XBMC/userdata

And it should ask if you want to overwrite. Click yes. And that should do it.

Ah yea, thinking back actually that's what I had to do first time.
Made it in MS Word. It worked perfectly before IF/MU went down. Since using Navi-x buffer issues seems to have come back for some weird reason :(.
Although could just be my internet at the moment./

Mine is really pissing me off atm to be honest.
Hardly ever works with streaming at the moment.
Tried to watch about 5 different things on 1C last night, and they would either play for a couple of minutes, then just quit, or just say buffering and not do anything, or just not load at all.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Try doing a fresh install James, sound like it would be worth a go. I watched the inbetweeners movie on 1c last night and it was perfect beginning to end.

It's still worth getting one IMO, can't go wrong for £100

1C is crap, IMO.

I just use Navi now, although i noticed IF was working today when I tried a few episodes of Dexter (2share).

Yea I found Navi rubbish too. Half of it didn't work, was really poor layout. It was alright if you searched for something specific, but half the time I just use the popular/highly rated and pick from there, so wasn't much use for me.

When IF/1C/TVcatchup/4od/Iplayer work, its perfect for me in my bedroom. Worth it when jail broken.
Although part of me says maybe I'd have been better buying a cheap media PC and loading xbmc onto that.
Although I am having some issues, xbmc seems to crash every time I turn it on the first time, I think my internet is also playing up a bit which isn't helping.
Tempted to get a powerline kit.

G I may well do a complete fresh JB/install soon. Noticed Eden Beta 2 is out, pretty sure I've only got Beta 1 too

Focus ST-3
May be a stupid question, but does anyone know if you can get safari or any other web browser put on these?

You updated it? In to settings > add-ons > enabled addons > video addons > IF > Update. I must say I only tried it on my MacBook on XMBC last night but I was under the impression it's exactly the same as on ATV

Looking at Apple TV Hacks site they are saying some users need to reinstall the repo to show them. Not sure I should link to it but Googling a selection of words brings up the correct page at the top :)

I just reinstalled the repository, and RS links are coming up. Whether they'll work or not who knows.
2s still don't work.

I just updated IF too, RS links are working (e.g How I met your mother, Season 7, Ep14), but had a loading time of 225 seconds :(

Also, just tried a 2S link, and it works too (e.g Dexter, Season 1, Ep4 (yes, I really am that far behind)).

Last edited:
I just updated IF too, RS links are working (e.g How I met your mother, Season 7, Ep14), but had a loading time of 225 seconds :(

Also, just tried a 2S link, and it works too (e.g Dexter, Season 1, Ep4 (yes, I really am that far behind)).

Yea my loading time was like 170 seconds or something, and would go down 3 secs, then up 2, and keep fluctuating.
I tried a couple of 2S sources (Popular films) and neither worked. Just showed loading screen for age then nothing.

so glad I didn't bother jailbreaking. What a pain in the arse this looks like.

Despite seeming like a pain, when it works, its perfect.
A non jailbroken ATV would be useless to me tbh.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm thinking of buying one of these soon. Can someone confirm that these play avi files as most of my content is in that format?

RIP Dan
so glad I didn't bother jailbreaking. What a pain in the arse this looks like.

I don't bother with the IF stuff like this lot and a JB ATV is still so much better than a non JB one.

Try it jam, its easy (I can do it) and you won't look back at all the stuff you can watch.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Its the only one I Jailbreak out of all the Apple products I own. As bully said, do it! Once you can see what you can actually do with it you'll wonder why you didn't do it months back.

When it works its awesome! A non jailbroken one would be pointless to me as I said in an earlier post!
When I watch a film it still seems to just be a matter of time before it pauses for a second, then just quits back to the previous menu :(