ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV

I found the link and installed it and got it working. (Only followed what the Vid said to do up to 30 seconds, didn't do the rest)

Seems a bit hit or miss as to which channels work.
HD channels seem to be the ones that are working most, except they're always buffering or stuttering. So bit useless really.

I'll have to look into it a bit more I guess.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
about 90% of the channels worked when I used it this afternoon and I didn't have any buffering issues. Like I said though it was a fresh install, only have 1C and Live tv installed as add-ons.

Hmm . I expect buffering on HD channels tbh, don't think that's because of the add on itself.
Think I may have to get powerline adaptors rather than using it over Wifi, see if that improves.

Just none of the 5ky channels work at all for me, apart from the HD ones. Which always buffer lol.

how much of the install video did you do? Did you do the bit where he says not to do it if you dont want to add custom .xml or whatver?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest mate, i just installed and didn't really watch the video. I just clicked a few things and got lucky lol. I didnt do any custom xml that i was aware of.

Ah sweet.
Did just post on XMBC Hub what I posted on here, and someone said:

Most of the sport and sky channels are down, I think this is due to the site where they are linked from upgraded their servers.

Hopefully it's as simple as updating the XML!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
So are people saying you can get sky over apple tv? I have no idea what it is so if anyone could enlighten me a little in lehman terms I'd be gratefull!

Well you can. Well, about 3 of the channels. But you need to Jailbreak it, and download an Add on for an interface called XBMC.
And you can't 100% rely on the streams tbh.

I see the channel lists have changed as I've gone on just now.
SS1 is the only Sky channel on there. Apart from Movies.

Last edited:
Seas0nPass have released a jailbreak for IOS 5.1 (Apple TV 2's only)
Although its only tethered at the moment, and Plex and XBMC aren't supported yet.
Hopefully heading in the right direction though!