ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Event 27th Jan - Apple iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Mountune Tractor
Woah easy there tiger :D

No one called you a c**t. The discussion has been swinging backwards and forwards for quite a few pages now. It's just fanboys arguing with fanboys until it either gets locked, or the Apple haters finally realise they've been served. Again. Happens every time, just roll with it. Buy something made by Apple and look down your nose into the internet at all the peasants using creaky, clattery, plastic laptops to bang out posts explaining how awesome they are because their machines are cheap & nasty. It really will make you feel superior.

And look. Look! My keyboard is STILL glowing, no matter how hard I bash away at it. It's f**king epic! Machined from a solid billet of win IIRC. I wouldn't piss on your laptop if it was on fire. Which it probably will be if you accidentally block up one of the vents.

And okay, I'll add a wink ;)

I wish I could afford a macbook Roy and then I wouldn't have even needed to enter this disscussion in the first place! lol.

Edit: I'm done with this thread anyway

What a large target audience you've chosen to back up your claim :p

f**king Mac fanbois

It's 30 pages of Apple fanboys gushing over old tech in a dress, so he's not missed much

The first rule of arguing on The Internet. Never ever declare that you're leaving a thread. It only means you care enough about it to find reposting impossible to resist. Better to just take a few minutes out R&R.

E87 118d M Sport
with alot of people saying this is a pile of steaming....

i am wondering what they think is the direct competition for an iPad.
thoughts?

like an acutal product, not a category.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I do regret posting that :p

It was 30 pages when I said it anyway, so now it's 31 pages of utter drivel, that's only still open because Tom uses Jobs' face as a masterbation aid.

My work laptop cost more than Macbook anyway, and it rocks. So it's not like I can't afford one, I just choose not to

Audi S1
What a large target audience you've chosen to back up your claim :p

f**king Mac fanbois

Why do you fill the need to come in here and slate Apple products all the time.

If you don't like it, then don't bother questioning it, at first I was slightly confused on why they would make it. I now can see why, I would of bought one instead of my MBP tbh, it does everything I use my MBP for.

As Snoop said it's pretty clear who the target is.

Audi S1
I do regret posting that :p

It was 30 pages when I said it anyway, so now it's 31 pages of utter drivel, that's only still open because Tom uses Jobs' face as a masterbation aid.

My work laptop cost more than Macbook anyway, and it rocks. So it's not like I can't afford one, I just choose not to

Cookie, just go.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Why do you fill the need to come in here and slate Apple products all the time.

If you don't like it, then don't bother questioning it, at first I was slightly confused on why they would make it. I now can see why, I would of bought one instead of my MBP tbh, it does everything I use my MBP for.

As Snoop said it's pretty clear who the target is.

Why do you feel the need to slate United in FC? Or any other team?

Because I feel like it?

This isn't fairy gumdrop land where everyone agrees with everyone else

Mountune Tractor
with alot of people saying this is a pile of steaming....

i am wondering what they think is the direct competition for an iPad.
thoughts?

like an acutal product, not a category.

I can understand people buying it for functionality and design as they look good and will probably feel good to use.
But I'm struggling to find a reason why I would need/want one over my NC10? Especially when it's going to cost about £200 more.

Why do you prefer something that's more expensive but clearly s**t? That kind of blows the old 'Apple products are too expensive' argument clean out of the water, followed by a huge splash, and the sound of bubbles as it sinks to the bottom of the ocean of fail.

Awesome, that's 62 pages dialied in and ready to go.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL at this thread and us Apple "fanboys". That word always seems to come out when someone is losing an argument. My friend hates everything apple, because he is a jealous peasant. Everytime I prove him wrogn I hear "W/e fanboy" or some stupid story. E.g "Well my mate spilled water on it, then he tried to dry it with a hairdryer and the keyboard melted. Macs are s**t".

At the end of the day, Apples = Brilliant hardware software, but expensive. Windows = Not as good but cheap so popular.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Theres something slightly "out of control" about android.

Exactly, and the situation will only get worse as more and more manufacturers dilute "standard" by adding their own bits into the OS, before you know it you have applications that won't run because they require certain API hooks to do things on their hardware. Application development is going to be a nightmare and it'll get worse as time goes by.

It's exactly the same situation that X windows has faced, you have 2 major competing toolkits (KDE and Gnome) where you make a choice of which to target, each has their own set of merits and downfalls.

In contrast, windows & mac os both have their own single standard API (Win32/64 and cocoa respectively), for application developers this is a VERY good thing.

My feelings on Android are "meh", but that's because as a developer, I can see a whole world of hurt opening up.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
7-10 hours.

They got that figure from somewhere

Yeh, thin air.

I don't know anyone who can get anywhere near the quoted 9 hours of wifi web browsing on a 3GS, after 4-5 mines done, and its always been that way, same with friends iphones aswell and reading forums like macrumors everyone has the same issue, and macbooks don't get the quoted battery times either.

Yeh, thin air.

I don't know anyone who can get anywhere near the quoted 9 hours of web browsing on a 3GS, after 4-5 mines done, and its always been that way, same with friends iphones aswell and reading forums like macrumors everyone has the same issue, and macbooks don't get the quoted battery times either.

Did you miss the bit about my MBP running for 6+ hours no problem, or did you choose to ignore it because it takes yet another bite out of your already feeble argument?

Audi S1
My MBP battery life is brilliant lol I don't know where people get that there rubbish from?

My friend said this my friend said that. YOUR friend, doesn't have one.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My friend said if you use a macbook for more than 1 day it implodes.

SRS, you don't know about one until you have used/lived with one.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
My MBP battery life is brilliant lol I don't know where people get that there rubbish from?

My friend said this my friend said that. YOUR friend, doesn't have one.

Perhaps his use of the laptop is heavier than yours?

Crazy, I know. Not all batteries are created equal, either

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Did you miss the bit about my MBP running for 6+ hours no problem, or did you choose to ignore it because it takes yet another bite out of your already feeble argument?

6 hours means what to me? i don't know much about macbooks i don't know what the quoted battery times are and how close to those times they achieve.

Its also not a feeble argument as im not trying to cause an argument or say its s**t because i don't believe it is. I was trying to get some people to post their quoted vs. actual battery life statistics so we could make an educated guess as to what the real-use battery life on it will be.

I wasn't trying to say its s**t or the batterys bad or that only apple fanboys like it etc so stop spoiling for an argument with the wrong guy, i'm an apple fanboy too you know.

6 hours means what to me? i don't know much about macbooks i don't know what the quoted battery times are and how close to those times they achieve.

Its also not a feeble argument as im not trying to cause an argument or say its s**t because i don't believe it is. I was trying to get some people to post their quoted vs. actual battery life statistics so we could make an educated guess as to what the real-use battery life on it will be.

I wasn't trying to say its s**t or the batterys bad or that only apple fanboys like it etc so stop spoiling for an argument with the wrong guy, i'm an apple fanboy too you know.

Fair enough. FYI. 8:51 with proof. That's a 17" laptop, remember. So hopefully that clears up the poor battery life argument that pops up in every Apple thread ever :D (Top right corner)

Screenshot2010-01-29at120235.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.