ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AMG to ///M

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
£600 a month for a 70k car? How'd you come to the conclusion that's expensive?!
Its the difference in thinking between buying a normal (sub 10k outright) and financing a much pricier car.
In the context of the outright price, I'd say 600 pcm is cheap. Everyone got batshit excited about renting a Fiesta for 200ish a month. In that context, the m5 is cheap.

Peugeot 308
Off topic but how are you getting on with it? I have one being delivered on Monday for the wife and I have only driven that engine in a Mini.

Once worn in (Its quite stiff to begin with, ie gear change, handbrake lever etc).. Considering what it is, its not too bad.

I've done 5k in 2 months, the stop start can be irritating, so that occasionally gets turned/punched off.
If your choose the wrong gear / slow down in 6th to say, 30mph it can become abit 'buckaroo' and WILL stall, leading to embarrassing attempts at restarting it in the middle of traffic (Button start only) which doesn't always play ball.

Mines averaged 57mpg over the 5k of very mixed driving, appears fairly comfortable and the stereo, whilst not as good sounding quality as a new golf, holds its DAB signal better. Bluetooth works well, Sat Nav Is very good (I use it at all times).

Its not sporty in any sense of the word, it can feel a little numb down country back lanes, leading to nervousness for me in the wet. In the dry, It can be quite fun to throw around with good grip on offer.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I like that the poor people have come out having a moan.

Expensive things cost money.

clio 182 trophy
Make sure you tell them not to clean it!

The acid they'll use will tarnish the wheels, make the calipers fade and ruin the centre of the brake discs. Trust me.
Why don't they employ someone who is a detailing guru? Surely paying one or two would save them in the long run by not f**king up their customers cars.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I understand a £1000 172 costs £1000 though.

Why are people surprised a £60000 M5 costs £60000?
Its the assumption that leasing is cheap. And I think folks can rationalize a porsche, Aston etc at 600 monthly.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why don't they employ someone who is a detailing guru? Surely paying one or two would save them in the long run by not f**king up their customers cars.
Because we service in excess of 120 cars a day.

Before I started at BMW, they were using brick acid for wheel cleaner and nylon brushes for the bodywork.

I've changed it all, to switch to alkaline wheel cleaner, wash mits and two bucket methods but asking them to employ 60 detailers to safely wash two cars a day each isn't financially viable unfortunately.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Because we service in excess of 120 cars a day.

Before I started at BMW, they were using brick acid for wheel cleaner and nylon brushes for the bodywork.

I've changed it all, to switch to alkaline wheel cleaner, wash mits and two bucket methods but asking them to employ 60 detailers to safely wash two cars a day each isn't financially viable unfortunately.
...And isn't necessary. You lot have to remember only something like 10% (proper stab) of the cars bought/serviced etc would be owned by people like us who actually know about washing a car properly and worrying about light scratches.

As a business, it makes no sense.

Snotter's
As above, most people don't have a clue what they are driving.

Couple of examples, when I worked at BMW I was appraising an M3 and chatting away as you do. The driver didn't know his car was a V8!!!!

At Audi I sold an RS4 and the oil light pinged up a few weeks later, gave him a top kit and off he went. 5 mins later he re-appeared after putting the oil in the coolant tank.

Average Joe doesn't care about detailing, warming cars up bla bla bla

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I understand a £1000 172 costs £1000 though.

Why are people surprised a £60000 M5 costs £60000?

Wasn't surprised that it cost £60,000? As said, that's cheap if it's an 80k car. I thought the 30k for 4years rent isn't cheap, so it's different.

But why put £70k on an M3 when you can buy a Clio for 20x less and have 99% of the fun.

You can't even have the full fun of an M3 unless on track anyway.

</troll>

p.s. I agree with Waitey.

So many people don't get PCP, guess its down to opinions. Struggling to explain to my mates why i think its a good idea to buy a brand new focus ST on PCP rather than a 13-15k used car for the same money on HP to effectively keep the same time anyway. Have had 3 cars on HP and have always got bored and payed off after 2 years.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Hans do not let anyone hit you in a smart car...

Mrs has just ran into the back of one at 10mph. Smart car is fine, M5 is fucked (Bumper, exhaust and boot floor....)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Just as they promised..
D99C803C-9514-431F-A540-3585BDB1D4B0_zpsfj81owpo.jpg

EE77281E-ED5E-442E-B15F-EFFBFBE02B9A_zpsc5gnbgcr.jpg

A798B102-BC9B-4410-99A9-B4FC39F83DE0_zpsr52ggde6.jpg

2FDD7137-E23D-4BBF-9C2B-16562E4DD12D_zps2pstyyyb.jpg

6C3118B0-384E-4A48-B517-85C1A73236D3_zpszazojwcn.jpg

4CAAB774-A2ED-4C55-901A-245A83CB6BD4_zps9hqlbma7.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have you got out of it and used the remote to park it yet? It's f**king scary!

But good fun in sainsburys car park! Lol

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
That key !! Parking itself !?! LULWOT

7er looks massively under wheeled, and they look like awful halfords specials that every OEM thinks is in fashion. They're probably 19s but the car is huge...

Not a car for driving - defo one to be driven in..!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
@Daniel I've just worked out that the sat nav display is all touch screen and it has a motion feature too. You can turn the volume up by 'twirling' your finger lol.

What's the idea behind the front grill opening and closing?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
@Daniel I've just worked out that the sat nav display is all touch screen and it has a motion feature too. You can turn the volume up by 'twirling' your finger lol.

What's the idea behind the front grill opening and closing?

Economy?

If no cooling is needed grilles close so as to create less drag and smoother airflow. That's how the wife's C Max works anyway.